Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.06.2019, 08:41 PM   #2341
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
as soon as this free month is over im shitcanning them i think

Oh I don’t have a TV, just a Mac.
On the web, pretty sure you can do it, but maybe it changes since last time I visited.

Curious about your feelings about season 5.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2019, 08:48 PM   #2342
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
great so far

what else did you say was good?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2019, 11:01 PM   #2343
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses

fucking glorious!
Old 01.07.2019, 08:35 AM   #2344
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
great so far

what else did you say was good?

I dunno. Lots of stuff.

Atlanta, The Leftovers, High Maintenance... none on Netflix though.
Old 01.07.2019, 09:47 AM   #2345
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I dunno. Lots of stuff.

Atlanta, The Leftovers, High Maintenance... none on Netflix though.
hmm yes not useful rn
Old 01.10.2019, 11:41 PM   #2346
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

finished bojack season 5

this show does not disappoint
Old 01.11.2019, 10:19 AM   #2347
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Watched one episode of FLOWERS on the netflix. odd brits doing odd things. dunno if i wanna watch more.
Old 01.11.2019, 11:40 AM   #2348
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
finished bojack season 5

this show does not disappoint

Agreed. Tbh, I didn't agree with Sevs opinion that a)this was the worst season and b)the format is getting tired. Something different was happening on this one. Whilst I agree a lot of it was BoJack doing something shitty and then trying to apologise for it. I think they were braver with it this time round. That eulogy episode for example. Fuck that was just brilliant. The fact they ended it as they did they knew it was gonna go in a different direction next season.

Even Todd was a lot more bearable in this one.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.11.2019, 04:36 PM   #2349
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Agreed. Tbh, I didn't agree with Sevs opinion that a)this was the worst season and b)the format is getting tired. Something different was happening on this one. Whilst I agree a lot of it was BoJack doing something shitty and then trying to apologise for it. I think they were braver with it this time round. That eulogy episode for example. Fuck that was just brilliant. The fact they ended it as they did they knew it was gonna go in a different direction next season.

I don’t think I said “worst season,” but... like... the mother-sister-dementia storyline of season 4 was SO FUCKING WOW. It actually made me cry. There was something Salingeresque about the portrayal of family dynamic, which sounds ridiculous since it’s about a talking horse comedian, but it’s true.

I think going where they went in season 5 was just... I don’t know how to really explain it other than with a shitty metaphor, so here we go:

Season 4 is the deep end of the pool. Feels like there’s no more depth to be achieved without drowning. But instead of, say, moving to the ocean for a deeper swim, season 5 just dumped a bunch of black ink into the pool and said, “Are you uncomfortable yet?”

Does that make any sense?

I still liked season 5, and it’s still amazing, but it didn’t reach the same emotional depths for me. It just tried to reach other kinds of extreme emotions rather than continuing to explore what was there. Not saying it was bad, but it wasn’t as strong as season 4.
Old 01.11.2019, 06:34 PM   #2350
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt

i must have averted my eyes to prevent THE CURSE OF SEVERINO. which is when he tells you everything before you watch it. so that bullet was dodged.

but yeah loved this season tons. my favorite episode of all time remains the one under the ocean of course, which was before (3?). but oh hell yeah, that eulogy was genius—the format of the whole thing was ballsy as fuck. in a cartoon! lol. also enjoyed mr robot’s performance throughout.

my least favorite season was the one with the most mr. peanutbutter. can’t stand the fucking guy lol.
Old 01.11.2019, 08:42 PM   #2351
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
i must have averted my eyes to prevent THE CURSE OF SEVERINO. which is when he tells you everything before you watch it. so that bullet was dodged.

but yeah loved this season tons. my favorite episode of all time remains the one under the ocean of course, which was before (3?). but oh hell yeah, that eulogy was genius—the format of the whole thing was ballsy as fuck. in a cartoon! lol. also enjoyed mr robot’s performance throughout.

my least favorite season was the one with the most mr. peanutbutter. can’t stand the fucking guy lol.

I didn’t spoil anything. Just said what I preferred.

Everyone hates Mr. Peanut Butter.

ETA: Please don’t name curses after me thanks
Old 01.11.2019, 09:02 PM   #2352
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I didn’t spoil anything. Just said what I preferred.

Everyone hates Mr. Peanut Butter.

ETA: Please don’t name curses after me thanks
but nobody else gives out spoilers like you do!

(like when you tell everyone the whole season 4 arc without a warning )

i was only replying to h8kurdt’s retelling of your points, which like i said, i never read cuz i sometimes AVERT MY EYES
Old 01.12.2019, 10:43 AM   #2353
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
but nobody else gives out spoilers like you do!

(like when you tell everyone the whole season 4 arc without a warning )

i was only replying to h8kurdt’s retelling of your points, which like i said, i never read cuz i sometimes AVERT MY EYES

You’re too sensitive about this. Never heard a complaint from anyone else.
Also, you said I’d gotten better!

But I will edit out the three-hyphenated-word, broadstroke reference to Bojack Season 4, which everyone in the discussion has seen, out of respect or whatever.

I think part of it is this:
If I’m on the fence about watching a show, and I hear something about the plot that sounds bizarre or interesting, I’ll want to know more about it and I’ll end up watching the show and forgetting about that plot point in no time.

You — or someone — got me to watch The Americans by making vague references to the plot, and I have no clue what those were because I watched the show and it knocked my knob off.
Old 01.12.2019, 07:07 PM   #2354
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Just finished season 1 of Sons of Anarchy and really liked it. Will see how far into the whole series I get but so far so good.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.12.2019, 07:43 PM   #2355
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
You’re too sensitive about this. Never heard a complaint from anyone else.

im not “sensitive”. it’s just that i have an admirable perception of... the obvious. 2+2 =4, etc

also you must not be paying a lot of attention cuz other people said they avoid. im just more outspoken/direct.

Quote:
Also, you said I’d gotten better!

yeah the last time you did and thanks for that. but the bojack im not sure what you did. i averted my eyes. so i just heard 2nd hand

s5 is great

Quote:
But I will edit out the three-hyphenated-word, broadstroke reference to Bojack Season 4, which everyone in the discussion has seen, out of respect or whatever.

thanks. yeah not everyone here has to watch a show as soon as it comes up. just look at demonyo with sons of anarchy.

so with that in mind, i think it’s best to warn before spoilers

except for han solo, cuz everyone knows he went to a farm where he has space to run

Quote:
I think part of it is this:
If I’m on the fence about watching a show, and I hear something about the plot that sounds bizarre or interesting, I’ll want to know more about it and I’ll end up watching the show and forgetting about that plot point in no time.

You — or someone — got me to watch The Americans by making vague references to the plot, and I have no clue what those were because I watched the show and it knocked my knob off.

oh yeah i shilled the americans like a motherfucker and still trying to get demonyo to watch it i believe

and sure that’s the point of trailers, etc.

but i fucking hate trailers that give away the whole movie. “thanks, now i don’t need to watch it, $20 saved”.

i hate to ruin the surprise.
Old 01.12.2019, 08:39 PM   #2356
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
im not “sensitive”. it’s just that i have an admirable perception of... the obvious. 2+2 =4, etc

also you must not be paying a lot of attention cuz other people said they avoid. im just more outspoken/direct.

yeah the last time you did and thanks for that. but the bojack im not sure what you did. i averted my eyes. so i just heard 2nd hand

s5 is great

thanks. yeah not everyone here has to watch a show as soon as it comes up. just look at demonyo with sons of anarchy.

so with that in mind, i think it’s best to warn before spoilers

except for han solo, cuz everyone knows he went to a farm where he has space to run

oh yeah i shilled the americans like a motherfucker and still trying to get demonyo to watch it i believe

and sure that’s the point of trailers, etc.

but i fucking hate trailers that give away the whole movie. “thanks, now i don’t need to watch it, $20 saved”.

i hate to ruin the surprise.

Ok. I get it and I respect that and I’ll try to be better.

I JUST GET EXCITED ABOUT SUFF!! OMG!

Hey, The Americans won Best Drama Series at the Golden Globes (finally) which is great!
Old 01.12.2019, 08:40 PM   #2357
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Just finished season 1 of Sons of Anarchy and really liked it. Will see how far into the whole series I get but so far so good.

Never watched it. Maybe one episode.

Sopranos on motorcycles kinda, right?
Old 01.12.2019, 08:50 PM   #2358
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Never watched it. Maybe one episode.

Sopranos on motorcycles kinda, right?
no!

but yeah it’s a one percenter motorcycle gang

initial seasons are AWESOME

after that, ymmv

also, hellboy is in it
Old 01.12.2019, 08:51 PM   #2359
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses
If you get the chance, go watch The Favourite. It has the best hand-job of movie history in it. lol.
pony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.12.2019, 08:53 PM   #2360
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

this is for televisión
68108115116117 118 119120121128168 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth