Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page So I was at school the other day...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.14.2007, 01:13 PM   #1
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
...when I stopped off at the bathroom before class. So I'm in the stall unbuttoning my jeans when I see a folded-up $20 bill sitting on top of the toilet paper dispenser. So I get very excited for a moment, that is, until I unfold the bill and find out that it is not real. And not only is it not real, it also has printed on it some stuff about Jesus and how my reward in heaven is greater than that of a $20 bill. Now, all I want to ask is, WHAT KIND OF PERSON DOES THIS? Please, enlighten me, if you will. Do they think that I or someone else will find this sort of tactic amusing? Obviously they've just assumed that we're all lost souls in need of saving or some other trash, without any thought that perhaps I've been raised Catholic and I don't need one more person telling me shit about God, and that finding a very real-looking fake $20 bill is going to be more disappointing and make me feel more resentful toward God and "his people" than anything else? But mainly I want to know who does this sort of thing, so if you know the answer, please share it with me. Also, why can't these people keep their religion out of my school? I don't understand the point for them where church and service work become not enough and they have to venture outward and disappoint people with fake $20 bills. I can only think that this sort of thing is mean. Not funny, not cute, not clever, but mean. Most of the people who go to my school aren't financially secure and could really use an extra $20 here and there. It really has become the difference between whether I eat a proper meal for lunch (for once) instead of settling for a tiny bag of chips from the vending machine and a trip to the water fountain. Really, what's the deal?

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2007, 01:31 PM   #2
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i found some christian comics in the bathroom of a cafeteria yesterday, the best part is that at the very very end of the preaching and promises of redemption and happiness in the after life, it says "buy the book by some greedy moron that will help you be a better christian" and in the back of the comic, it says that if you want some samples to spread the word of jesus to the people, to send $12.95 to somewhere in california and to get in touch with your local representative if in somewhere else in the world.

i collect all that crap, i find it really amusing. that $20 bill sounds more like a mean prank. i like the other pamphlets i got from ny this summer where they are disguised as publicity for dr phil's book but then turns into "jesus this, heaven that, repent, send me $50, blah blah".
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2007, 01:44 PM   #3
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
The bill had a web site on it and everything. I was so upset that I didn't commit it to memory. But I did toss the thing in the trash.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 10.14.2007, 01:50 PM   #4
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I had a million dollar bill that told me I was an thieving adulterous liar and that I need to repent. Then it said "Read your bible and obey it."
Old 10.14.2007, 01:51 PM   #5
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha ha that was an awesome prank, a pity it was wasted on some evangelist shit.

did you pick the thing with your bare hands? i'm a bit of a germaphobe. i'd check that thing up close first.

idea: retool for more evil purposes?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2007, 01:58 PM   #6
luxinterior
invito al cielo

I've cleaned up so much barf and other bodily fluids on the job (thank you Six Flags) over the summer that the germ thing doesn't really bother me anymore as long as I know I can wash my hands afterward. I was the only girl at those rides who could clean up that stuff without feeling ill so I got stuck doing it most of the time.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 10.14.2007, 02:01 PM   #7
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
I've cleaned up so much barf and other bodily fluids on the job (thank you Six Flags) over the summer that the germ thing doesn't really bother me anymore as long as I know I can wash my hands afterward. I was the only girl at those rides who could clean up that stuff without feeling ill so I got stuck doing it most of the time.

ha ha ha-- DAMN

nerves of steel
Old 10.14.2007, 02:10 PM   #8
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I found a 50 dollar bill once. A real one.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2007, 02:25 PM   #9
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck, I HATE shit like this.
When you have no real option but to simply get rid of it, and there is really no action you could do that makes up for how fucking retarded the asshole that did it is.
A while ago these fucking cunts literally set up a table outside of our school and handed out fucking bibles.Like, right outside the main doors of the school. What the fuck did they expect, people to be all stoked about it, "Ahh fuck yeah! These guys have dedication, let's follow them!"
Well, they got more "Fuck you"s, "Go to hell"s, and torn pages of their precious fucking bible than they could ever possibly imagine. I did express my sincerest "Fuck you."

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2007, 02:38 PM   #10
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
Fuck, I HATE shit like this.
When you have no real option but to simply get rid of it, and there is really no action you could do that makes up for how fucking retarded the asshole that did it is.
A while ago these fucking cunts literally set up a table outside of our school and handed out fucking bibles.Like, right outside the main doors of the school. What the fuck did they expect, people to be all stoked about it, "Ahh fuck yeah! These guys have dedication, let's follow them!"
Well, they got more "Fuck you"s, "Go to hell"s, and torn pages of their precious fucking bible than they could ever possibly imagine. I did express my sincerest "Fuck you."

Outside of my school, a few weeks ago, these two old men were handing out copies of the New Testament, right in front of the main entrance. Through those doors, there's a big trash can, and on that day it was filled to the brim with these little New Testaments. It did make sculpture class interesting that day though, because we had amassed so many of these things that we were able to put some of them through the toaster and get creative with all the others. I think one lady in class was offended, but it's better than just letting them sit there in the trash.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 10.14.2007, 02:50 PM   #11
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I usually throw it out, especially when they give it to me. I throw it out in front of them. Especially after I told them a thousand times I don't want it.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2007, 02:51 PM   #12
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I remember some christians were passing out condoms at my high school so we started blowing them up and tossing them around. My smartass friends and I started hitting on our female friends in front of the christians about how we wanted to fuck them with our large, uncircumcised penis with no protection in front of our pagan idols. One came over to us and gave us a good witnessing.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2007, 03:17 PM   #13
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
i used to have one of those fake christian bills...thought it was hilarious. remember thinking "this shit would piss someone off so much they wouldnt want anything to do w/ christianity".

bleh..im sure being the loud mouth that i am ill say more on this later. im exhausted and can hardley think straight. dont feel like going to sleep either...hate when that happens.

nice thread lux. i dont know exactly where ya stand on a religions level, but i know yav showed some sympathy/interest/whatever in christianity in the past. i think its cool that, even if ya are a christian (i dont know wether you are or not) that ya still realize thats bullshit.,

its not that i hate christians, i dont. its just that so many of em are so far out of tune w/ reality that its sickening. like that "condoms promote premarital sex/diseases bullshit" < people or going to have sex regardless. might as well (even if its not 100% guarenteed to protect against unwanted preg./disease) offer some sorta protection.

bleh.

anyways man...yeah cool thread. wish i could think straight im sure this is littered w/ typos. sorry.

I'm sympathetic toward Christianity because that's how I grew up. We went to church every Sunday, Catholic school for 12 years, that stuff really adds up. So, even though I am offended when other people draw conclusions about those of us who really had no choice when it came to our religious upbringing, I know that I make the same judgments about other people who were raised in a similar way. Really, very little of what I've experienced throughout my life has made me grow fonder of my religion. Most of it has done the exact opposite. The way it makes people act, I just can't understand. In the past I've thought that I would never really be content until I was able to either totally reject or accept Catholicism, but obviously it's more of a grey area, and I think for the rest of my life it will be that grey area. I'm not really the sort of person whose beliefs are easily changed by a profound experience, because what is typically defined as profound is something that wouldn't leave much of an impression on me, at least not one that would later influence my religious beliefs (or lack thereof).

- Sebastian Bach

Old 10.14.2007, 03:36 PM   #14
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
when people hand me religious pamphlets i make them into paper airplanes.

"jesus plane!!!"

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2007, 03:40 PM   #15
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'm sympathetic toward Christianity because that's how I grew up. We went to church every Sunday, Catholic school for 12 years, that stuff really adds up.

well having been raised catholic too i have to say though, not all "christians" are the same. while i was brought up with the knowledge that martin luther and henry VIII were as close to the antichrist as you can get, i've learn to have some appreciation for certain protestant denominations, and the relatively progressive ideas of some protestants i've met.

however--

evangelicals are a bunch of freaky lunatics with all sorts of demented ideas, and religious freedom notwithstanding, they are a serious threat to modern civilization.
Old 10.14.2007, 03:45 PM   #16
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I found this thing in a lecture theatre a couple of years ago, it was weird as anything, and i showed it to my freind who is a Christian (the Ok kind, i.e. the ones who think being Gay is fine and Creationism is a convenient and lazy way of explaining the unkowable) and they just laughed.

Its called a Chick Tract
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick_tract
Like a comic, but it insists you believe it all. So these things have spread across to England too.
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2007, 04:01 PM   #17
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
well having been raised catholic too i have to say though, not all "christians" are the same. while i was brought up with the knowledge that martin luther and henry VIII were as close to the antichrist as you can get, i've learn to have some appreciation for certain protestant denominations, and the relatively progressive ideas of some protestants i've met.

however--

evangelicals are a bunch of freaky lunatics with all sorts of demented ideas, and religious freedom notwithstanding, they are a serious threat to modern civilization.

Honestly, it is difficult for me to associate Evangelicals with Christianity as I know it. But yes, you are correct.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 10.14.2007, 04:18 PM   #18
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
Despite having to do an RE exam back at school, I'm totally uneducated in the different religious beliefs, probably why I hate the idea of any kind of god or gods. I find it annoying that someone would want to spread their religion, try to convince you of its power, especially when they try and sell it to you with a fake $20 bill. It's like that shit UK army recruitment advert on the TV, it's so sordid.
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2007, 04:49 PM   #19
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Honestly, it is difficult for me to associate Evangelicals with Christianity as I know it. But yes, you are correct.

the problem is that it's them bitches who more loudly proclaim themselves and their ideals as "christian" and in doing so have coopted the word, to the point that it reflects poorly on other more sane branches of christianity.

these days, by virtue of this language trick, to say "im christian" is tantamount to declare "im a supertitious religious nut who wants to live in a theocracy".

it's the same shit that the republicans did with the word "liberal"-- they made it something like being a criminal.

these word games are the bread and butter of the ongoing culture wars. which the sane rational people are losing to the propaganda machinery of doom.
Old 10.14.2007, 04:51 PM   #20
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
They were filming.

Did you have your pants down? That could be embarrassing.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth