Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page the other news
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.24.2019, 10:49 AM   #241
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Basically, yes.

I've linked this argument for not signing the customs union cos it's not from a 'well he would say that wouldn't he?' Leaver, but from someone from the Remain camp who still rejects it:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...imports-brexit
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh

you’d have no control...

makes perfect sense then

and further, it makes sense either from a protectionist or a free trade perspective

reminds me of dc’s “taxation without representation” situation (tl;dr, dc residents pay federal tax but have no voting congressmember and not senators]
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2019, 11:59 AM   #242
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
All that link does is show why it was better to be in the EU than out. You can complain about how we won't have any control over the customs union now but if we were in the EU we would still have the right to veto any proposals given forward by Brussels. I say this acknowledging the system is fucked within the EU but we were in a stronger position to try and change things from within than out.

Never going understand how you can be so strong about just wanting to leave with no deal. And I'm sure you'll not even try to put a reasonable argument forward.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2019, 12:03 PM   #243
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
And I'm sure you'll not even try to put a reasonable argument forward.
this is the kind of line that shits all over the place on the unmentionable thread

impugning people's motives, making accusations, discounting perspectives that don't agree with ours...

just ask for the fucking reasonable argument without embedding the insult, and we can all keep pretending we're open-minded reasonable people capable of mutual understanding in the face of disagreement
Old 03.24.2019, 12:32 PM   #244
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
this is the kind of line that shits all over the place on the unmentionable thread

impugning people's motives, making accusations, discounting perspectives that don't agree with ours...

just ask for the fucking reasonable argument without embedding the insult, and we can all keep pretending we're open-minded reasonable people capable of mutual understanding in the face of disagreement

Already did and didn't get a reply which is why I said it. And I've asked it a couple of times.

Old 03.24.2019, 12:34 PM   #245
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:

And cmon man, you're the worst out of all of us for discounting perspectives you don't agree with and generally poo-pooing anyone's opinions that differ from you.

Old 03.24.2019, 12:48 PM   #246
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Already did and didn't get a reply which is why I said it. And I've asked it a couple of times.
here? lml...
Old 03.24.2019, 12:55 PM   #247
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
here? lml...
i cant find it.

OK LET’S JUST ASK HIM AGAIN STRAIGHT.

i’ll be witness

ask.
Old 03.24.2019, 01:09 PM   #248
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

It's literally on the last page!

Old 03.24.2019, 01:10 PM   #249
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
I don't understand how you can still be fine with a no deal when all the signs point that it'll be an absolute total mess. When people say "oh it'll be fine eventually" how can they not wonder at what cost in the immediate aftermath?

But here it is again

Old 03.24.2019, 01:20 PM   #250
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I don't understand how you can still be fine with a no deal when all the signs point that it'll be an absolute total mess. When people say "oh it'll be fine eventually" how can they not wonder at what cost in the immediate aftermath?

Quote:
Never going understand how you can be so strong about just wanting to leave with no deal. And I'm sure you'll not even try to put a reasonable argument forward.

the only thing i see repeating is you saying "i don't understand".

the first one asks about immediate consequences? but also seems to be about absolute consequences.

the second again declares incomprehension and adds insults.

just ask a clear straight non-loaded question that can be answered.

so (forgive me for "helping"). are you're trying to ask him about brexit being a final and absolute mess? or are you trying to ask him about getting past the immediate negative consequences? i.e., what is his long term view?

--

eta: i'll add i don't think he'd choose brexit if he thought it was suicide, so maybe the right question is about what kind of future he sees post-brexit and how does he see overcoming the short-term negatives.

i've never known the guy to be unreasonable. except in that colombia-england game lolololololooooooo
Old 03.24.2019, 01:25 PM   #251
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I consider the EU not just undemocratic but anti-democratic; its interests not with the people of its member states but with an increasingly centralised and unrepresentative style of government; it controls through a normalisation of austerity and - long term - scares the living shit out of me far more than the (admitted) uncertainties of leaving it.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2019, 01:41 PM   #252
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
i've never known the guy to be unreasonable. except in that colombia-england game lolololololooooooo

He was being 100% reasonable in any of his comments relating to that game.

Old 03.24.2019, 01:45 PM   #253
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
He was being 100% reasonable in any of his comments relating to that game.
i can't believe how you even i'm sure not gonna ever
Old 03.25.2019, 10:46 AM   #254
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Never going understand how you can be so strong about just wanting to leave with no deal.

Quote:
I consider the EU not just undemocratic but anti-democratic; its interests not with the people of its member states but with an increasingly centralised and unrepresentative style of government; it controls through a a normalisation of austerity and - long term - scares the living shit out of me far more than the (admitted) uncertainties of leaving it.

Not asking or expecting anyone to agree with me but I did write this as a way of explaining my position

I don't wan't a no deal but I'd take that if I thought the only deal on offer was worse than walking away without one.
Old 03.25.2019, 03:27 PM   #255
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Not asking or expecting anyone to agree with me but I did write this as a way of explaining my position

I don't wan't a no deal but I'd take that if I thought the only deal on offer was worse than walking away without one.
yeah that was evident. been waiting for h8kurdt's response since yesterday and im sure it won't be much longer.

but in the meantime let me ask: what is the sort of deal that you'd like to see?
Old 03.25.2019, 04:31 PM   #256
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I'd be happy with a simple trade agreement (via some kind of national membership fee) so long as we aren't required to adopt any of its non-trade related regulations as a condition of that membership.
Old 03.25.2019, 05:08 PM   #257
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

looks like parliament is gonna take it away from her?
Old 03.26.2019, 09:15 AM   #258
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Fuck me it's something every single day. Now Rees-Mogg has decided he now wants May's deal to go through even though he'd been repeatedly saying that it was the worst deal this side of Pardew getting an 8 year contract at Newcastle (I may have said the last bit).

How does anyone take him seriously? He's Boris Johnson in a double breasted suit and nothing more.

Old 03.26.2019, 09:16 AM   #259
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
yeah that was evident. been waiting for h8kurdt's response since yesterday and im sure it won't be much longer.

but in the meantime let me ask: what is the sort of deal that you'd like to see?

As to why I wouldn't want a no deal to go through? Isn't it obvious?

Old 03.26.2019, 09:23 AM   #260
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
As to why I wouldn't want a no deal to go through? Isn't it obvious?
no, a reply to demonyo for which you asked twice and...

lmao, ok, never mind.

you have bigger things to worry about than some faceless guy’s expectations on an internet forum. maybe a good day to go climb and forget things.

i woke up to news that made me dyspeptic but belong to the unmentionable thread. im ready to go on a long road trip to nowhere, lololol
101112 13 14151623 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth