Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page what are you listening to?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.15.2016, 12:14 PM   #47841
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
he is saying that he quit on his own band because compared to Unwound they are unadventurous.

I remember going to the record store with a friend and we had just goten into Unwound and he asked the record store guy for some Unwound and he said "New Plastic Ideas is a good one, but it is very experimental." as if we would not like that, and we looked at each other and laughed. that's all we wanted! experimental!!!
Old 03.15.2016, 12:31 PM   #47842
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
he is saying that he quit on his own band because compared to Unwound they are unadventurous.

Yes. It's not "mine" really. Just joined two weeks ago. Good female singer and decent songs, but they sound too much like the Pixies. Fun, and I wouldn't mind some spare cash from the occasional gig, but artistically very boring and next to Unwound, embarrassing.

Quote:
I remember going to the record store with a friend and we had just goten into Unwound and he asked the record store guy for some Unwound and he said "New Plastic Ideas is a good one, but it is very experimental." as if we would not like that, and we looked at each other and laughed. that's all we wanted! experimental!!!

Was he expecting you to say, "Oh never mind. May I have something predictable?"
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.15.2016, 04:42 PM   #47843
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Quick. Someone give me their Unwound top 5 tracks.

What, so you can get the parade? The bagpipes and bullshit? Fuck you! I'm arresting you! I don't give a fuck if these charges don't stick. I'm still fucking arresting you.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.15.2016, 04:45 PM   #47844
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Oh I see what he was saying. Yeah, got it. Sorry, Evollove. I read that as "the band you were getting into," not the band you were actually in

Don't worry, I've been in more than one band that basically just ripped off Unwound (and Slint, and early Don Cab, and Drive like Jehu). Even was called out on it in a review of a demo once. Probably has something to do with why I don't play in bands anymore.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.15.2016, 07:50 PM   #47845
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses

Wow man. I just read SO MUCH of the Departed because of you.
Don't you know I have shit to do?

Seriously, you wouldn't believe how much of that I read while the clock ticks on a deadline. I'm fucking ridiculous.
Old 03.15.2016, 08:02 PM   #47846
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Don't worry, I've been in more than one band that basically just ripped off Unwound (and Slint, and early Don Cab, and Drive like Jehu). Even was called out on it in a review of a demo once. Probably has something to do with why I don't play in bands anymore.

Shit. That tears it. I retire. Sorry world.

That is a really entertaining script. I came across this stage direction:

INT. A BEDROOM. NIGHT.

COSTELLO fucks...and fucks weird.
Old 03.15.2016, 08:14 PM   #47847
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Actually, listening to them yesterday, I realized the band I've been in for two weeks is too tame and unadventurous, and I might quit. We're not bad at all, but I don't think over a decade from now anyone on earth will ask about our top 5. Interesting how just a dash on Unwound led me to this conclusion. "Aim higher evollove," I said to myself.[/quote]

So Canton has bands? Cool. Mind telling us the name of the group? Is it Tame and Unadventurous?
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2016, 07:09 AM   #47848
evollove
invito al cielo

No name yet. Actually, Canton has about 4 venues, part of a blossoming arts district. Really! Mostly regional but plenty of touring groups too. Saw Greg Ginn's band The Royal We awhile ago, for example. Not much "great" but plenty of "good enough to drink to." Not my cup of tea at all, and I have no way to explain their success, but Reliant K is from Canton.
Old 03.16.2016, 02:58 PM   #47849
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
No name yet. Actually, Canton has about 4 venues, part of a blossoming arts district. Really! Mostly regional but plenty of touring groups too. Saw Greg Ginn's band The Royal We awhile ago, for example. Not much "great" but plenty of "good enough to drink to." Not my cup of tea at all, and I have no way to explain their success, but Reliant K is from Canton.

Glad to hear the town has a growing arts scene. I went for a job interview in Canton many moons ago, before internet/GPS/etc. For directions to the interview site, the guy who sent me the letter confirming the date and time told me to simply get to downtown Canton and look for a big bright red brick building that was "easy to find". His directions were spot on; I spied the building immediately.

Reliant K is one of those bands about whom I have the attitude "yes, but..."
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2016, 07:56 PM   #47850
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses

inner tube - s/t

michio kadotani - 腐っていくテレパシーズ

dj nj drone - espresso syn

michael pisaro / toshiya tsunoda - crosshatches

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2016, 08:04 PM   #47851
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 03.18.2016, 10:55 AM   #47852
evollove
invito al cielo

Searched "Sebadoh" just to see youtube's other suggestions. Came across the Argentinian Jaime Sin Tierra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogbRkW3tecU

Second song is killer. Third song sucks. Six songs in, and at this exact moment I'm not sure which band is better.
Old 03.21.2016, 10:16 PM   #47853
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
Foo Fighters - s/t. that song Floaty has popped into my head last couple weeks and I have no ideal why. so I gave it a listen today. just waves of nostalgia and didn't really even love the album nor the Foo ' ss.

that first album is really cool. It might as well just be the 2nd Late! album really. There's such cool stuff on there. Weird stuff. "For All The Cows"? "This Is A Call"? Good stuff.
Old 03.23.2016, 12:12 PM   #47854
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses

pony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2016, 05:27 PM   #47855
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
poor gmku

im listening to the velvet underground and nico. sounds so good when yr burnt out.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2016, 08:49 PM   #47856
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
that first album is really cool. It might as well just be the 2nd Late! album really. There's such cool stuff on there. Weird stuff. "For All The Cows"? "This Is A Call"? Good stuff.

I like "Good Grief" and "Weenie Beenie" and "Oh George" and "X static" and "Exhausted"... and pretty much all the songs on that album honestly. Reminds me a lot of Sugar, and is surprisingly true to the sound and feel of Nirvana, only obviously tighter and more controlled.

"Good grief" is one of my favorite driving-down-the-freeway-on-a-nostalgic-sunny-day songs. That one's probably my favorite.
Old 03.23.2016, 09:01 PM   #47857
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
kick a trash can, misplace a shoe string and lick hard during 69. watch me pop out before I pop. let it cream out. I made my girlfriend listen to this shit and watch it ooze. I love her. I call my baby, baby.
Old 03.24.2016, 03:31 PM   #47858
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
kick a trash can, misplace a shoe string and lick hard during 69. watch me pop out before I pop. let it cream out. I made my girlfriend listen to this shit and watch it ooze. I love her. I call my baby, baby.

And you're not an asshole?

Old 03.24.2016, 05:15 PM   #47859
pepper_green
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
And you're not an asshole?

yeah I am. you got a problem?

listening to Bleach cause it has melodic butthole surfer guitar solos.

Apples in Stereo - Her Wall Paper Reverie.
Old 03.24.2016, 06:46 PM   #47860
Severian
invito al cielo

I listened to Glitterbust, untitled unmastered., Watch the Throne, and about ½ of Pablo today.

I'm liking Glitterbust.
1893229323432383239023912392 2393 239423952396240324432493 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth