Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Friends that disappoint
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.08.2010, 01:50 PM   #81
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
I'm helping him move in 2 weeks. Shut the fuck up.

"Hey SYG, mind if I'm aggressive to anyone who calls me out on being a twat to and about my 'friends'?"

SYG: "Hey, why not?"

Honestly, bandmates aren't hard to find, and you're hardly playing Stockhausen. Suck it up, find someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 02:04 PM   #82
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
That is the yuppie bullshit I am dealing with right now. It is disappointing to witness as a friend.

It's not yuppie, it's reality. A sad reality for some that choose to not go this route for whatever reason, but reality non-the-less.

He's at an age to age to where finding a significant other will be more important than a band that, statistically speaking, won't last all that long anyways.

I can understand both end of the spectrum.

People should do what makes them happy, though. If this guy is really yr friend, and if he is truly digging this girl, why not just be happy for him and like that prick glice said, look into finding other people to jam with.
Old 09.08.2010, 02:14 PM   #83
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
It's not yuppie, it's reality. A sad reality for some that choose to not go this route for whatever reason, but reality non-the-less.

He's at an age to age to where finding a significant other will be more important than a band that, statistically speaking, won't last all that long anyways.

I can understand both end of the spectrum.

People should do what makes them happy, though. If this guy is really yr friend, and if he is truly digging this girl, why not just be happy for him and like that prick glice said, look into finding other people to jam with.

Why the hell should having a girl prevent someone from practicing once a week though? I know how much he likes to play music and I find the situation sad. He isn't secure enough to leave her alone.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 02:17 PM   #84
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
one of my friends who is a in a band that are signed and tour the world and stuff and has the problem of one of his band mates always trying to prioritise his girlfriend over the band said to me recently that in life you get to choose between adventure and comfort, and i think that's a fairly true statement. God knows why someone would choose comfort.
When you start a band and want to actually achieve stuff it can be bloody frustrating if the people you play with are not as commited as you, particularly if you have good chemistry, and especially if the reason they aren't commited is because they've become pussy whipped.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 02:18 PM   #85
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
one of my friends who is a in a band that are signed and tour the world and stuff and has the problem of one of his band mates always trying to prioritise his girlfriend over the band said to me recently that in life you get to choose between creativity and comfort, and i think that's a fairly true statement.
When you start a band and want to actually achieve stuff it can be bloody frustrating if the people you play with are not as commited as you, particularly if you have good chemistry, and especially if the reason they aren't commited is because they've become pussy whipped.

That is a good analogy to my situation.
Old 09.08.2010, 02:19 PM   #86
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Also, all these pussy whipped dipshit married men are not entitled to an opinion.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 02:32 PM   #87
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Why the hell should having a girl prevent someone from practicing once a week though? I know how much he likes to play music and I find the situation sad. He isn't secure enough to leave her alone.
You should sleep well at night just because of the fact that he can't handle having a girlfriend and also play music. That is a warning sign that later on he will regret it and become bitter because he's missing out on certain aspects of his own personality and he's not able to have fun, as well as having a girlfriend. In my experience all couples that aren't able to retain a part of themselves to share with the outside world become a pain in the arse to be around with and too often just become plain boring.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 02:35 PM   #88
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
You should sleep well at night just because of the fact that he can't handle having a girlfriend and also play music. That is a warning sign that later on he will regret it and become bitter because he's missing out on certain aspects of his own personality and he's not able to have fun, as well as having a girlfriend. In my experience all couples that aren't able to retain a part of themselves to share with the outside world become a pain in the arse to be around with and too often just become plain boring.

Excellent point. I had my doubts about him being "road worthy" anyway.

Moral of the story: I need to move on and find serious musicians
Old 09.08.2010, 02:36 PM   #89
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I practice three nights a week, tour occasionally.
It took 20 years to finally get into the best band of my life, and we all have relationships.
If people know you are a musician and they ask you to give it up like it's something "expendable," it is a pretty strong indicator that they are not "right" for you.
Conversely, if you willingly give up your creative outlet because someone asks you to, you are basically a hobby-level artist at best and should probably stay in your basement anyway.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 02:53 PM   #90
brak's dad
empty page

brak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's asses
zorak (who is my friend despite my hatred of him) continues to burn my hats, leaving me, my head, and my antique hat rack, dissapointed.
brak's dad is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 02:59 PM   #91
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
realizing that one's bandmate/s are really in the band more as a hobby than a passion is a suck ass realization.
Old 09.08.2010, 03:02 PM   #92
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
realizing that one's bandmate/s are really in the band more as a hobby than a passion is a suck ass realization.

It is indeed a total bummer. He is a talented musician.
Old 09.08.2010, 10:04 PM   #93
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by brak's dad
zorak (who is my friend despite my hatred of him) continues to burn my hats, leaving me, my head, and my antique hat rack, dissapointed.

kick his ass with your radioactive camel hump.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2010, 12:46 AM   #94
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
well, you're just jealous to be honest.

i really doubt he is that insecure he won't leave her alone to practice, he just wasn't interested anymore.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2010, 08:56 AM   #95
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
i really doubt he is that insecure he won't leave her alone to practice, he just wasn't interested anymore.

Not when he goes from "let's form a band" pre girlfriend to "I'm too old for a band" and texting her on every break during practice. It's sad but I realize I will be better off without him.
Old 09.09.2010, 10:33 AM   #96
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
no offense but, grow up???

Old 09.09.2010, 11:05 AM   #97
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
no offense but, grow up???

Thanks for the great advice!
I'm obviously upset about this, no need to twist the knife.
Old 09.09.2010, 11:14 AM   #98
knox
invito al cielo

yeah, well.

we need better examples of friends being shit.

Old 09.09.2010, 11:30 AM   #99
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
yeah, well.

This same guy was my roommate for about a year. For his birthday I gave him a fairly large joint. 20 minutes later I walk by his room and he is smoking it alone. This was after he moved to my city, basically broke, and I let him stay rent free the first two months.

I think I'm starting to see a pattern.
Old 09.09.2010, 11:38 AM   #100
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yeah, well.

My friend got on with his life well before I started whinging like a child about him on the internet. Can you believe that guy? I'm never talking to him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth