Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth on French Radio -------------
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.19.2006, 04:17 PM   #101
hebbel
little trouble girl

hebbel ain't too shabbyhebbel ain't too shabby
i feel like killing someone by now... i hate the french language... sounds like 5 words repeated endlessly
hebbel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 04:21 PM   #102
Shaka
little trouble girl

Shaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's asses
Great show tonight ! The new songs sound better than i thought, and i loved when Kim said "This is an old song, so old that it's new". I was like what are they gonna do, was thinking about some Confusion or Bad Moon stuff, and then... Shaking Hell !

I recorded the show but, i fucked up royally at the beginning... and missed the first half of Incinerate. Didn't know the Web Radio Recorder i installed 5 minutes before the show started could only record 1 minute when unregistered... so i had to do something about it. Took me 2 more minutes but it was already to late...

I'm uploading it anyway to Megaupload but it's taking forever, 35% done, 1h left before it's up... And it's very rough, it's just a big 80Mo mp3 file so if somebody took the time to do it better, maybe in flac and with separate tracks for each song, that would be cool but in the mean time, for those who can't wait, it'll do i guess until a better upload comes up.

Oh, and the annoucer said the album would be out june 5th. But she also called Lee "Leonard" and Steve "Steven" so i don't know what to think about that.........
Shaka is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 04:48 PM   #103
lunberg
bad moon rising

lunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to behold
Lee is short for Leonard indeed but you're right that woman sucked big time, she barely knew the band.
lunberg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 04:48 PM   #104
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha,she learned this by heart maybe....

Murray Street One Sheet
Byron Coley

SONIC YOUTH Murray Street
an operetta of place, performed by:

“Free” Kim Gordon:
guitar, bass, vocals, dilruba

Thurston “Oblong” Moore:
guitar, vocals, tack piano

James “Jim” O’Rourke:
bass, guitar, homemade electronics, choreography

Leonard “Lee” Ranaldo:
guitar, vocals, hammond b3 funnel, melodica

Steven “Steve” Shelley:
drums, accordion, little instruments, sarangi

with auxiliary help from:
Donald “Don” Dietrich: saxophone
James “Jim” Sauter: saxophone
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 05:24 PM   #105
Flow my Tears
little trouble girl

Flow my Tears is a jewel in the roughFlow my Tears is a jewel in the roughFlow my Tears is a jewel in the roughFlow my Tears is a jewel in the rough
The show was good, but it was not the best i ve seen... The sound in the room was not very good at all, it is a room for classical & comtemporary music, but the biggest of radio france. Nice experience to listen to a lot of new songs for the 1st time live, i only knew the 3 first ones. But I feeled the atmosphere so strange in the room, I hope tomorrow it will be better (and I think it should be...). But nice gig in all the ways
Old 04.19.2006, 05:34 PM   #106
Shaka
little trouble girl

Shaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's assesShaka kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=043PB3I0

Hope it works ok

As i said, the first half of Incinerate is missing, brain fart on my part.
It's a big 80 Mo mp3, i'm sure we will find better uploads of that show very soon, but in the mean time, it'll help to wait...

The setlist is a couple of post above, but there it is again with timing after each title to navigate to the song more easily :

01. Incinerate (first half not recorded) -> 0:00
02. Sleeping Around -> 2:10
03. Do You Believe In Rapture -> 5:45
04. Pink Steam -> 9:15
05. So old that it's new... SHAKING HELL !!!! -> 17:10
06. Rats -> 21:20
07. Pacific Coast Highway -> 26:00
08. Stones -> 33:10
09. Turquoise Boy -> 40:25
10. Lights Out -> 47:10
11. Sunday -> 52:00
12. Brother James -> 57:00
13. Making The Nature Scene -> 64:05
14. Or -> 67:15
15. Mote -> 73:20
Shaka is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 05:38 PM   #107
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
thank you soooooo much for your effort (no matter if this won't be the better version we'll hear!)
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 05:55 PM   #108
Flow my Tears
little trouble girl

Flow my Tears is a jewel in the roughFlow my Tears is a jewel in the roughFlow my Tears is a jewel in the roughFlow my Tears is a jewel in the rough
Yes, thanx to be so speed
Old 04.19.2006, 06:16 PM   #109
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for the upload. I missed it live....Sounds like a great set-list though.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 06:41 PM   #110
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
thanks, shaka!
Old 04.19.2006, 06:47 PM   #111
badgercorn
bad moon rising

badgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's asses
wow.. sunday and shaking hell! wouldn't have expected those
badgercorn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 08:03 PM   #112
Pablitzen
the destroyed room

Pablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to behold
fuck...i can't download the show

"All download slots (500) assigned to your country (Chile) are in use.
Please try again later..."
Old 04.19.2006, 08:51 PM   #113
sonikjuice
little trouble girl

sonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOREOHSCOPE
It won't play for me.... I downloaded but it won't open in Windows media player or quicktime

Try Winamp.. I'm playing it right now on it.
sonikjuice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 08:54 PM   #114
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
French Lol.
Old 04.19.2006, 11:04 PM   #115
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Thanks Shaka!!
Old 04.19.2006, 11:25 PM   #116
sy2004
stalker

sy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaka
http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=043PB3I0

Hope it works ok

As i said, the first half of Incinerate is missing, brain fart on my part.
It's a big 80 Mo mp3, i'm sure we will find better uploads of that show very soon, but in the mean time, it'll help to wait...

The setlist is a couple of post above, but there it is again with timing after each title to navigate to the song more easily :

01. Incinerate (first half not recorded) -> 0:00
02. Sleeping Around -> 2:10
03. Do You Believe In Rapture -> 5:45
04. Pink Steam -> 9:15
05. So old that it's new... SHAKING HELL !!!! -> 17:10
06. Rats -> 21:20
07. Pacific Coast Highway -> 26:00
08. Stones -> 33:10
09. Turquoise Boy -> 40:25
10. Lights Out -> 47:10
11. Sunday -> 52:00
12. Brother James -> 57:00
13. Making The Nature Scene -> 64:05
14. Or -> 67:15
15. Mote -> 73:20

Thanks for this recording, I scheduled one but for some reason, it didn't even start the recording

Is there any way to stream it again from Le Mouve's site on demand?
sy2004 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 11:34 PM   #117
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
People have already said Kim and T were "off" for this show....sounds to me like Lee is too. He seems to lag at the beginning of the songs with his parts. At least Steve is solid as usual.
Old 04.19.2006, 11:45 PM   #118
Toxa
100%

Toxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's asses
All download slots (500) assigned to your country (Russian Federation) are in use.
Please try again later.

can someone upload it on other hosting? please!
Toxa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2006, 12:55 AM   #119
Fox
the destroyed room

Fox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbel
i feel like killing someone by now... i hate the french language... sounds like 5 words repeated endlessly
You know, it's Le Mouv', so the vocabulary is not very developped

Noisejob
Fox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2006, 01:44 AM   #120
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
NICE

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth