Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Birthday Party Appreciation Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.09.2006, 07:18 PM   #1
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
"Hands up, who wants to die?........have you heard that sonny's burning?" the opening line to one of my favorite birthday party songs and one of my favorite drumbeats around. I never here these guys talked about on here and its time for that to change. They are hugely influential and are considered heroes of the butthole surfers and the jesus lizard.

I was just suddenly in the mood to listen to them yesterday and after playing their Hits disc Ive gained a deeper appreciation of their music. I love the way they use distorion and noise in their music and manicly effective vocals of nick cave. So many great songs like "the friend catcher", "mr clarinet", "king ink", "Dead Joe" and deep in the woods they all sound so menacing with piercing distortion coming from the guitars. Its easy to see why sonic youth took a liking to them early on in their career.

For the unitiated download these songs:
Mr. Clarinet
The Friend Catcher
Sonny's Burning
Big Jesus Trashcan
Deep In The Woods
Happy Birthday
Release The Bats
Hamlet
Dead Joe
WildWorld

I highly reccomend you check these guys out and for everyone else lets discuss how awesome they are.Favorite songs? (any of you ever see them live)

Also i want to know what would be a good record to start with for nick cave's solo career
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 02:56 AM   #2
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
We just had a thread like this. If you do a search, you should find it.

As for the Bad Seeds, my first album of theirs was From Her To Eternity, and that's the one I listen to most.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 03:23 AM   #3
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
The "Best of Bad Seeds" one is well compiled.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 03:56 PM   #4
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Hah, listening to Prayers on Fire right now. All during school I was thinking of the one album I'd listen to when I got home. This, obviously, was it.
It somehow makes me feel much better after a shitty school day.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 03:57 PM   #5
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
please begin utilizing the 'search' function.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 04:31 PM   #6
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
please begin utilizing the 'search' function.

I really do not want to go through posting another 6.8 billion pictures.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth