Reload this Page Post Your Art II
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.15.2019, 09:33 AM   #801
Maokia
empty page

Maokia has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
Oh great thats good to hear $#$$$#@$! . Wbat do you think has caused the sudden peak in this forum again?

This is art...right?
Maokia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2019, 01:35 PM   #802
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Worked my recent mixed media piece into a flyer artwork design. Finally got a date and a venue for a party I've been planning to do for quite some time.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2019, 02:26 PM   #803
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
niiiiiiice

are you still looking for video footage?

90s:
johnny mnemonic
my own private idaho
break point
(yeah keanu is more 90s than kurdt lmao)

what is the name of this horrible movie also with rose mcgowan... the greg arraki one... oh, wrong double consonants, arrakis... gregg araki.. the doom generation

also...

haha ok i’ll stop, you havent asked

but tetsuo the iron man
survival research laboratories...

the year punk broke...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2019, 05:13 PM   #804
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
niiiiiiice

are you still looking for video footage?

90s:
johnny mnemonic
my own private idaho
break point
(yeah keanu is more 90s than kurdt lmao)

what is the name of this horrible movie also with rose mcgowan... the greg arraki one... oh, wrong double consonants, arrakis... gregg araki.. the doom generation

also...

haha ok i’ll stop, you havent asked

but tetsuo the iron man
survival research laboratories...

the year punk broke...

I just may be, yeah. I just showed clips of Daria and MTV's Downtown during my last two events. But I certainly could mix it up a bit more. I mean, that's what I usually do during my main event series. But "Scary Monsters" is more of a mixture between Oldschool Goth (and some more contemporary Goth every now and then) mixed with Post-Punk, New Wave, Art Rock and the sort. It isn't really bound to a specific decade or style, so I thought I had more wiggle-room in terms of fitting visuals (something between morose/macabre and silly/nostalgic). My 90s event just struck me as so specific that I didn't really bother to go all out with different kinds of visuals for whatever reason. But I'm starting to think that I should probably extend the same amount of dedication to the visual department as I usually would during my main events. So thanks for the inspiration.

Yeah, Keanu certainly is 90s as fuck. And I've actually watched a review of The Doom Generation once. It seems to be quite dreadful from a storytelling perspective. But the visuals and the colorful filters might just be exactly what I'm looking for. It's unmistakably of its time and quite charming from a sheer visual perspective. And the soundtrack is pretty damn sweet: Slowdive, Lush, The Jesus And Mary Chain, Curve, even "Dancing Gold" - one of my favorite songs by Belly. How come there were so many awful movies with decent to awesome soundtracks in the 90s? Whoa, recently watched "A Bitter Message of Hopeless Grief" after you had recommended the Survival Research Laboratories productions. Awesome stuff. Thanks

Old 05.30.2019, 05:16 PM   #805
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

And my latest Mixed-Media piece: Hauntback (2019)

Old 05.31.2019, 06:28 PM   #806
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
And my latest Mixed-Media piece: Hauntback (2019)

oh i love the... what is the name of that effect. like when the offset print doesnt align. it fits the subject.

and glad you liked slr!

the best visual stuff in mtv was the video logos/idents and liquid tv. the classic video logos are more 80s.

oh look at this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3u_UQoMViEM

but liquid tv was super90s and was a predecessor to adult swim

the first beavis and buttheads appeared there i think? and aeon flux, holy shit, like nothing i had seen before.

see: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_Television
[eta see for example: https://youtu.be/jKc2_QIO0Yo ]

cartoon sushi came later and had some good bits too.

oh hell, speaking of movies, city of lost children....

and by jim jarmusch, dead man has great visuals. night on earth, which opens the movies thread, was also iconic, but was more of a talky film—hilarious roberto begnini monologue in it. oh, trainspotting changed things too.

and dark city! i dont love the story but some people do. still, had its own look.

k...
Old 06.15.2019, 06:40 AM   #807
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

Decided to do something in August as well. Current flyer design:

Old 08.12.2019, 01:51 AM   #808
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Man Finds Authentic Egon Schiele Drawing in New York City Thrift Store

אש זרה

A Friend Of The Devil Is A Friend Of Mine
If I Get Home Before Daylight
I Just Might Get Some Sleep Tonight - GD

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2019, 05:09 PM   #809
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

No Loitering (2019)

Old 09.06.2019, 07:31 PM   #810
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

Death And The Island (Reprise) - 2019

Old 09.06.2019, 08:55 PM   #811
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
No Loitering (2019)

your style is really getting to be YOUR style, isn’t it? i mean you keep deepening into it, which is great. love it when an artist is recognizable like that

Quote:
Death And The Island (Reprise) - 2019

and this one was funny, on top of everything

much rep
Old 09.24.2019, 09:29 AM   #812
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Good. I admire people that are good at carving. I unfortunately suck at this. Looking forward to the results.

Well, took me a while, but today I tried printing that thing.

11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2019, 10:28 AM   #813
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
Well, took me a while, but today I tried printing that thing.

that looks great
Old 09.24.2019, 05:03 PM   #814
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

It looks awesome, nicfit!

A video I made whilst in NYC. Set it to a track off an Ambient concept-album I'm working on with a friend of mine. I thought it fit quite well
Strangers Amidst The Evening Glow

Old 09.24.2019, 05:37 PM   #815
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

And an early draft of my latest flyer design

Old 09.24.2019, 05:46 PM   #816
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
It looks awesome, nicfit!

A video I made whilst in NYC. Set it to a track off an Ambient concept-album I'm working on with a friend of mine. I thought it fit quite well
Strangers Amidst The Evening Glow
that was great too mr. eno

please keep at it

give us a 20 minute video wallpaper we can play on a loop, if you can
Old 09.24.2019, 06:05 PM   #817
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
that was great too mr. eno

please keep at it

give us a 20 minute video wallpaper we can play on a loop, if you can
Haha. Incidently, both of us are really into Eno's work. Apparently, it shows. Thanks for the kind words, always appreciated.

Old 11.17.2019, 11:45 AM   #818
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses

Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2019, 11:47 AM   #819
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses

Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2019, 07:16 PM   #820
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

I actually shot this back in April, but I was uncertain about the editing and the song choice (I had two versions), so somehow wound up holding back from uploading it for half a year. Finally got fed up with my indecisiveness and went for it. Don't know if this is the appropriate thread, but I wouldn't know where else to put it. Anyway, here's my very specific loveletter to the old trams of Vienna. More modern ones are making their rounds too, but they just ain't got no style.

Loprova Dreams #2: Sunlit Road

PS: Amazing stuff, Genteel Death - as always!

383940 41 42 >
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth