Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.17.2012, 11:48 AM   #1921
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
shit, i saw it, WOW!!!!!! i had no idea.

funny thing, that talk of "team spirit" has been going around-- the commentators brought it up while the score was 3-0 and said they saw nothing wrong with it.

then again when you're ahead 4-0 you can relax, and then, paffff, BOOT TO THE HEAD.

wowza. seriously.

loew is a filthy booger-eater and i laughed at the fact that he was wearing a nosferatu coat.

i was eating my breakfast watching the game and they'd show a closeup of him and i'd go "please don't eat a booger right now, or sniff your armpit." so i only had to deal with the spitting.

but yeah, okay, he's good, but not that good, and you gotta blame someone.

neuer fucked the dog too this time aroudn.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2012, 02:23 PM   #1922
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
That Impossible Job appears to be an edited, shorter version. I think the whole thing is actually called Do I Not Like That like you said earlier... and of course I stumbled upon it once by way of that infamous Holland v England game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4EZa0Dn8FY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37PIWoYsj00

Thanks for the John Sitton clip... it made me watch the whole documentary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0p_4YwXGn4

That clip of the Holland game is just brilliant. When Taylor tells the linesman to thank the referee for him, for getting him the sack, priceless! And I didn't realise that Sitton clip was part of a bigger documentary.

Anyway, England 1 Poland 1. Bit of a meh game all round. England were very sloppy but wasn't that impressed with Poland, either. A draw was about right with Poland maybe just edging things. Even with his goal, Rooney was pretty awful, although Gerrard was our only player who had anything like a good game.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2012, 03:17 PM   #1923
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
shit, i saw it, WOW!!!!!! i had no idea.

funny thing, that talk of "team spirit" has been going around-- the commentators brought it up while the score was 3-0 and said they saw nothing wrong with it.

then again when you're ahead 4-0 you can relax, and then, paffff, BOOT TO THE HEAD.

wowza. seriously.

loew is a filthy booger-eater and i laughed at the fact that he was wearing a nosferatu coat.

i was eating my breakfast watching the game and they'd show a closeup of him and i'd go "please don't eat a booger right now, or sniff your armpit." so i only had to deal with the spitting.

but yeah, okay, he's good, but not that good, and you gotta blame someone.

neuer fucked the dog too this time aroudn.

Germany are in an interesting place now. For years people have been saying the same old "you can never write off the Germans" while quietly thinking they're not that strong a force. That started to change in the Euros where they started to be taken really seriously and many even had them as favourites. Expectation will be even stronger in the WC but I do wonder how well Loew will deal with that shift in expectation, from could-do-wells to should-do-wells. It's all hypothetical but I wonder if he's one of those managers more suited to overachieving as an underdog than fulfilling actual promise. That's why you have to respect coaches like Del Bosque. He may have the players (as Loew does) but he quietly goes about his business never buckling under that pressure of expectation - the same pressure that I think will be too much for Brazil when they host the tournament. But again, it's all hypothetical.
Old 10.19.2012, 10:04 PM   #1924
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
bloody hell

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2012, 03:16 AM   #1925
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
Just read that Warnock reckons Kirkland "went down like a ton of bricks"
Fuck sake
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2012, 10:25 AM   #1926
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
just watched bayern beat dusseldorf 5-0. HOT DAMN

best part of the game was watching david alaba come in & enable 2 goals within minutes of each other. to my recollection, he hadn't played all season.

5-0! i'd put little thomas muller as a striker instead of mandzukic-- he scored 2 goals vs 1 by mandzukic. still mandukic is the leading goalscorer in the bundesliga but to my eyes he's no star.

let's see what they can do vs. lille on tuesday.
Old 10.20.2012, 11:25 AM   #1927
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
Just read that Warnock reckons Kirkland "went down like a ton of bricks"
Fuck sake

he also said that the fella that attacked him should go to prison.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 10.20.2012, 02:07 PM   #1928
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
he also said that the fella that attacked him should go to prison.

he did
but he insinuated that Kirkland made the most of it which is daft. He got shoved in the face/throat at close range by 2 hands! Of course he's gonna go down!

when Warnock was at Palace i kept cringeing whenever he got interviewed, but i cant remember too many idiotic statements he made.
but thats cause he was our wanker and i may have been a bit biased
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2012, 02:48 PM   #1929
demonrail666
invito al cielo

How can we expect players to watch what they say when they're managed by speak-first-think-later pricks like Warnock? Plus he's a hypocrite. One day he's calling Diouf a sewer rat (one of the few sensible things he's said) the next he's signing him.
Old 10.20.2012, 05:17 PM   #1930
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Fair play to Ferdinand and Roberts for making their opinions known. Ferguson was a disgrace for the way he talked about it the other day, im delighted Ferdinand undermined him by refusing to wear the shirt

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2012, 05:30 PM   #1931
jon boy
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
How can we expect players to watch what they say when they're managed by speak-first-think-later pricks like Warnock? Plus he's a hypocrite. One day he's calling Diouf a sewer rat (one of the few sensible things he's said) the next he's signing him.

and what a signing he turned out to be! great player.

i don't understand why sheffield wed even let that guy into the ground, or how he managed to get a ticket he's been banned from most places by all accounts and what where the police/stewards doing? after it happened they where there in force but maybe they should have had some people in place before. i am not even sure he is a leeds fan, just some pissed up chav from cheltenham who's looking to make trouble.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 10.20.2012, 05:31 PM   #1932
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

if you guys have a chance to look abroad check out paul pogba's goal vs. napoli today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo0DmUYpR2M

a lot less washed out picture here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xuh...by-pogba_sport
Old 10.20.2012, 06:35 PM   #1933
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Fair play to Ferdinand and Roberts for making their opinions known. Ferguson was a disgrace for the way he talked about it the other day, im delighted Ferdinand undermined him by refusing to wear the shirt

Completely agree. I find myself liking Ferdinand more and more. He's said and done his fair share of stupid things but is starting to seem like one of the few English footballers right now willing to see things beyond the whole football culture bubble.
Old 10.20.2012, 06:49 PM   #1934
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
if you guys have a chance to look abroad check out paul pogba's goal vs. napoli today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo0DmUYpR2M

a lot less washed out picture here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xuh...by-pogba_sport

Yeah it was on tv here. The commentators were going mad about it but I honestly can't see what the fuss is about. I'm not saying it's a bad goal but I really don't see what's so special or even particularly unusual about it, at least in ratio to the fanfare it's getting
Old 10.20.2012, 07:05 PM   #1935
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Completely agree. I find myself liking Ferdinand more and more. He's said and done his fair share of stupid things but is starting to seem like one of the few English footballers right now willing to see things beyond the whole football culture bubble.

I still dont like Ferdinand, and i dont think he's someone who the public will take seriously given the amount of times he played with John Terry, and that stupid "Choc-Ice" tweet he sent.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2012, 08:28 PM   #1936
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Good point. I do still quite like him, though. It may just be a West Ham thing.
Old 10.22.2012, 04:05 PM   #1937
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeah it was on tv here. The commentators were going mad about it but I honestly can't see what the fuss is about. I'm not saying it's a bad goal but I really don't see what's so special or even particularly unusual about it, at least in ratio to the fanfare it's getting

i saw it "live", it was pretty awesome-- yeah not "best goal evarrrr" but, you know, for a regular saturday, hitting a bouncing ball in mid-air, and putting it in that very narrow spot that would be hard to hit even in a free kick, pretty cool.

-

ANYWAY

Old 10.23.2012, 12:41 PM   #1938
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

so who the fuck here is stoked (not city) about today and tomorrow's games? ehhh? dortmund-real madrid! HOT DAMN! go reus go.
Old 10.23.2012, 01:10 PM   #1939
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Real v Dortmund is definitely the one I'm most looking forward to. Schalke against Arsenal also looks like it could be good. I'm probably more interested in seeing German sides now than I've ever been, thanks largely to you. We also now have a weekly show on TV dedicated to the Bundesliga which will make the non CL games easier to follow.
Old 10.23.2012, 01:16 PM   #1940
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Real v Dortmund is definitely the one I'm most looking forward to. Schalke against Arsenal also looks like it could be good. I'm probably more interested in seeing German sides now than I've ever been, thanks largely to you. We also now have a weekly show on TV dedicated to the Bundesliga which will make the non CL games easier to follow.

awesome!

oh yeah also looking forward to schalke / arsenal, as i like both teams. but real/dortmund should be the big game... btw dortmund lost this past weekend vs schalke ha ha ha. ouch. but dortmund was missing a bunch of players that should be back tomorrow (gundogan, gotze, and someone else... schmeltzer or something, i forget his name, i call him "little tymoschuck" because he looks like the ukranian). not sure if kuba plays today he had some cards i recall or something and too much info to remember. i could google it but i'm lazy at the moment.
87949596 97 9899100107147197597 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth