Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.27.2017, 10:29 AM   #40181
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost

One of these bad boys just got listed on Craigslist. Hopefully I can get it before anyone else!!!
wat

i used to have one of those

donated it to the local cable access tv station

what do you use an old CRT monitor for.... b///

building cabinets??!?!?!?

AWESOME REPURPOSE
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2017, 11:18 AM   #40182
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Yessirreeeee Bob. My original plan needed two 13" PVM's. But then I came across this one. So I want to make minor adjustments for a single one since it's a 26" CRT. I'm sort of hoarding CRTs right now. If they have S-Video and/or Component, I'm gonna take it.

and if they have RGB, you bet your sweet ass I'm gonna do a fuckton to try and snatch it.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2017, 11:29 AM   #40183
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
rgb cables, like, component cables?

i don't recall that those in monitors but mine were old

if you can't score it try the BNC connection they all had though. that was the way to transmit full SD video back then

to my understanding rgb is for a high def signal and that's relatively recent

eta: there's also bnc rgb tho.

i'm curious now about what those old consoles used
Old 03.27.2017, 12:03 PM   #40184
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah. Talking about BNC and SCART if there are even any that exist around here. I've seen a couple with SCART, but they had mentioned it's not the same like in Europe, even though it looked identical.
Old 03.27.2017, 02:45 PM   #40185
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Looking at its inputs, everything is coaxial and one s-video input.
Old 03.27.2017, 02:49 PM   #40186
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Looking at its inputs, everything is coaxial and one s-video input.
the presumed coaxial might be a bnc tho

post us a pic

also, should have RCAs (plugs)

s-video is pins
Old 03.27.2017, 03:58 PM   #40187
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Old 03.27.2017, 04:06 PM   #40188
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

the picture looks blurry but i believe those to be BNC connectors which would belong in a professional monitor. they screw/latch on. look for the groove on the outside wall-- should be one big groove not a bunch of thin screw thing like coax

s-video should work fine if you can secure it, the fun about BNC is just they can't be yanked

ETA: to clarify, BNC is a connector for coaxial cable, but it's not the usual "coaxial connector" that you find in your cable box at home.

ETA again: here's a converter from component video to BNC: http://www.cablewholesale.com/produc...FYJ8fgodrokMpA

CHEEP
Old 03.27.2017, 05:29 PM   #40189
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

My man.
Old 03.28.2017, 01:33 PM   #40190
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Looking into a bit more....the device I plan on using DOES have an SCART output...so if I do end up with this sucka, I'm gonna get RGD via the DB25

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/...cart-converter
Old 03.28.2017, 05:04 PM   #40191
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Dudes, I have no idea what you guys are talking about and I grew up with shitty TVs and stuff too.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2017, 09:55 AM   #40192
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Dudes, I have no idea what you guys are talking about and I grew up with shitty TVs and stuff too.

For about 4/5 months I've been on the search for high end CRTs. They're ideal for classic gaming if you're into the the perfect picture and playing games in their native resolutions. The colors are vibrant, and the picture isn't stretched or modified to fit the screen. you can think of it sort of like vinyl. since I play street fighter(arcade versions not console), the older ones specifically, I need to play them on screens that don't lag...new monitors are digital which adds processes to display the image and therefor create lag...even if it's just 20ms, it's still too much when you need frame perfect execution. So now that I have a few CRTs available to me, I now want a badass picture to go with it. Main reason is because I want to build me a cabinet. I have a device which allows me to play original arcade boards at home without a giant cabinet. So I figured if I get a super badass monitor, I can build a small sort of Japanese style arcade cabinet. It obviously won't be anywhere near as pretty but it's still be dope to have and play on.
Old 03.29.2017, 10:02 AM   #40193
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Here's what hey look like actually....the one on the left is my setup and the right one is a friend's. My setup has the CPS3 board(motherboard) attached for Street Fighter 3. They didn't make nice cases since the games come in cartridges/CD's. The one on the right is a CPS2 game(street fighter 2) which has the board attached. And those white boxes are what's used to play said arcade boards. Basically an arcade console.
Old 03.29.2017, 10:12 AM   #40194
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Someone got to the 25" PVM before me
And now here are assholes who want to sell 13" PVMs for $200....lol

But this guy finally got back to me. I might get a Sony FW-900 monitor.

Old 03.29.2017, 10:23 AM   #40195
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
For about 4/5 months I've been on the search for high end CRTs. They're ideal for classic gaming if you're into the the perfect picture and playing games in their native resolutions. The colors are vibrant, and the picture isn't stretched or modified to fit the screen. you can think of it sort of like vinyl. since I play street fighter(arcade versions not console), the older ones specifically, I need to play them on screens that don't lag...new monitors are digital which adds processes to display the image and therefor create lag...even if it's just 20ms, it's still too much when you need frame perfect execution. So now that I have a few CRTs available to me, I now want a badass picture to go with it. Main reason is because I want to build me a cabinet. I have a device which allows me to play original arcade boards at home without a giant cabinet. So I figured if I get a super badass monitor, I can build a small sort of Japanese style arcade cabinet. It obviously won't be anywhere near as pretty but it's still be dope to have and play on.

Gotcha. Ok. Cool. I get it.

I can't relate, because I don't play any games ever, and Street Fighter only made me angry when I was a kid. But I dig it. You're a purist. That's cool.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2017, 11:26 AM   #40196
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

yeah, when it comes to Street Fighter, especially 3, I'm definitely a purist. I never thought I would be an ARCADE ONLY FOR TOURNAMENT! person...but it's really hard to go back once you've gotten accustomed to play arcade version. Will I play other versions? Probably, but not competitively.
Old 03.29.2017, 11:29 AM   #40197
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

well if you gonna do db25 then computer monitor is the way to go

pvm is nice but rigged for other stuff

back in ancient times when i first started posting on this board i had a sony trinitron crt lol. it was NICE. best color ever.

--

wait. i'm confused now. db25 is a printer port! lol

so this is from before i reached the age of reason

therefore i know nothing ha ha ha

--

ETA: but if you find a way to output to composite video (the yellow RCA jack) you can connect it to pretty much any old tv
Old 03.29.2017, 11:48 AM   #40198
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

I have a 32" Sony Trinitron in my basement. That fucker weighs too much. Like 200 lbs. but I want mooooorrreeee! I host Street Fighter sessions like once a month....so yeah, these become really
Useful.

That CPU monitor would be used specifically for my Dreamcast. via VGA....but I'm sure I'd get more uses out of it for my other games.
Old 03.29.2017, 01:14 PM   #40199
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ha ha ha ha

that sounds like a lot of fun

also--nice to have a basement dedicated to mad science!
Old 03.29.2017, 01:39 PM   #40200
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha ha ha

that sounds like a lot of fun

also--nice to have a basement dedicated to mad science!

Yeah man. So right now, while I wait for another monitor to appear in my radar, I have to see how to make sticks for my device. Right now I need to use a converter which allows for most USB controllers. the guy who made the Supergun(console to play arcade boards) wired them to be like NeoGeo cabinets. So basically, it's missing a button and the order of the buttons are all wrong. That why we has to strip the DB15 cables and redo the wiring on a a screw terminal. So right now I want to try if I'd be able too make a stick using the DB15 cables directly. The only issue I'm coming up with now is enough ground wire to go to each button(6 buttons) and the stick.
1510191019602000200720082009 2010 201120122013202020602110 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth