Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page NR Top Ten 2009
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.24.2009, 08:43 AM   #21
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Tha Carter II is a jam and a half.

THA CARTER II is one of the best albums of the decade (did you hear me, Rob? The DECADE! Hahahahahahahaha [evil laugh])
Old 12.25.2009, 08:35 AM   #22
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I wasn't offended. More shocked. Like obviously you've never stepped foot in a NR thread before. I probably talk about Lil Wayne and Lindsay Lohan more than anything else on this forum, so it seemed weird for somebody to be like "OMG... YOU like Lil Wayne???".
yeah i probably have ignored threads about lil wayne
i have nothing against lindsay tho! shes super fit! (when shes not super skinny)

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2009, 02:26 PM   #23
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRFox
Ahah I was on the MPP thread from last year and adam I love it how you went from

to

in exactly a year

I am still in love with MPP, though Feels is still my favorite Animal Collective album. I'm not THAT MUCH into Fall Be Kind though. Well I like it for sure, but some of the vocal lines / production there kind of feel weird to me. I should listen to it more, I guess.
Could you please check if I said that AC are shit on the same thread?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2009, 02:48 PM   #24
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRFox
I am still in love with MPP, though Feels is still my favorite Animal Collective album. I'm not THAT MUCH into Fall Be Kind though. Well I like it for sure, but some of the vocal lines / production there kind of feel weird to me. I should listen to it more, I guess.
after the hype died down i felt more and more disconnected from mpp... the melodies i thought were absolutely brilliant just felt bland to me a few months after. weird eh? i listened to that new ep though and i didn't like it at all... i cringed at parts even.

i don't mind listening to them though (my girlfriend likes them) but they are far from the band of the decade which is what i said in another thread a year or so ago.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2009, 03:21 PM   #25
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Could you please check if I said that AC are shit on the same thread?
oh you know you did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
after the hype died down i felt more and more disconnected from mpp...
hipster
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2009, 05:00 PM   #26
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
animal collective used to be one of my favorite bands. MPP made me almost completely stop listening to them.
i really love in the flowers, and brother sport and summertime clothes. but i was bored by almost all of the rest of the album. im sad that after so many different records the style that they decided to stick to is the boring electronic dance music. they are an amazibg live band buit imiss songs like we tigers and hey light.
oh well there are other bands

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2009, 05:19 PM   #27
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
I know I'll be labelled as the silly AC fan once more (though according to the search function, I've only mentionned them 76 times ), but I'm not really sure we can say they "decided to stick to the electronic dance music"... I mean, they haven't released another album yet, nor did they play new songs at shows... They're probably going to shift to something different once more - I guess. I'm still hoping for a record that's only didgeridoo and vocals
Old 12.28.2009, 06:09 AM   #28
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
mpp is great and im not afraid to say it! so there! sticks tounge out and places thumb on nose whilst wiggling fingers in your general direction!

also nr...just copped that lil wayne isnt lil chris! got my lils mixed up! ha!
Old 12.28.2009, 06:36 AM   #29
SYRFox
invito al cielo

wait... isn't lil wayne lil bow wow?

my bad
Old 12.28.2009, 08:12 AM   #30
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656

also nr...just copped that lil wayne isnt lil chris! got my lils mixed up! ha!

hahaha.
Old 12.28.2009, 08:56 AM   #31
noisereductions
invito al cielo

a few notes I wanted to add...

Jay-Z's BLUEPRINT 3 came very very close to making my Top 10, but ultimately I think of the album as half-amazing-half-pretty-bad. Gucci Mane put out a ton of new shit this year and I listened to quite a bit of it, but I just haven't really been convinced that he's hip hop's new savior. Maybe 2010 will prove me wrong on that one. Drake's SO FAR GONE mixtape (not EP) was pretty good. But I mean Pretty Good, not great. I think dude's got potential but he's not proven to me that he is what the critics say he is. Eminem's RELAPSE was probably the worst album I heard all year. Clipse's TIL THE CASKET DROPS and Young Money's WE ARE YOUNG MONEY both could have potentially landed in the Top 10 had they been released earlier in the year allowing me more time to digest them. For some strange reason I never picked up The Flaming Lips' EMBRYONIC or DARK SIDE OF THE MOON yet. I don't know what's wrong with me. The Heliocentrics recorded an almost amazing album this year (title slips my mind) that got tons of NR play, but unfortunately the few vocal tracks really bothered me so it didn't really work for me on the whole. Raekwon's ONLY BUILT 4 CUBAN LINX II was not a bad album by any means. But really boring to me. Any time I tried to get into it, it just made me listen to the original instead. Jim Jones and Cam'ron made bad albums this year. I liked LOGOS by Atlas Sound quite a bit, but didn't listen to it enough. No real reason why. Just didn't. I also liked every single that Lady Gaga released this year, but never picked up THE FAME MONSTER. I think the best single of the year was "Party In The USA" by Miley Cyrus. Drake's "Best I Ever Had" was up there. I think that's all.
Old 12.28.2009, 09:11 AM   #32
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Till the Casket Drops didn't really cut it compared to their last two albums. There certainly are a few bangas on that album though. Hell Hath No Fury plays stronger as a whole album whereas there's selected songs on Till the Casket Drops that are stronger than most of the songs off Hell Hath such as Popular Demand.
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2009, 09:16 AM   #33
noisereductions
invito al cielo

HELL HATH NO FURY is pretty untouchable. It's an amazingly strong album. Pretty much perfect really. The closest they've ever gotten to that sort of strength was the third volume of WE GOT IT 4 CHEAP (actually a Re-Up Gang release, not Clipse -- but...).
Old 12.28.2009, 09:22 AM   #34
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
HELL HATH NO FURY is pretty untouchable. It's an amazingly strong album. Pretty much perfect really. The closest they've ever gotten to that sort of strength was the third volume of WE GOT IT 4 CHEAP (actually a Re-Up Gang release, not Clipse -- but...).

I haven't heard the third yet, but We Got it 4 Cheap II was amazing, the cover of Hate it or Love it is hella cool
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2009, 09:30 AM   #35
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Volume 3 is definitely my favorite. A lot of the tracks were remixed for the official Re-Up Gang album, but the mixtape versions were far better.
Old 09.23.2011, 03:44 PM   #36
noisereductions
invito al cielo

bumped for louder.
Old 09.23.2011, 04:01 PM   #37
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
excellent list, love most of it.

my list would also have these albums:
J. Cole - The Warm Up
Tyler, the Creator - Bastard
Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon
Rihanna - Rated R
Gucci Mane - The State vs. Radric Davis
Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3
Eminem - Relapse (was overall disappointed by this album, cuz of its lack of substance.. but it still has some of the best technical rapping i've ever heard)
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2011, 04:08 PM   #38
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
excellent list, love most of it.

my list would also have these albums:
J. Cole - The Warm Up
Tyler, the Creator - Bastard
Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon
Rihanna - Rated R
Gucci Mane - The State vs. Radric Davis
Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3
Eminem - Relapse (was overall disappointed by this album, cuz of its lack of substance.. but it still has some of the best technical rapping i've ever heard)

I was soooo close to putting Blueprint 3, but I went by # of listens y'know? Looking back, BP3 is probably better in my opinion than something on there, but at the time it came out I didn't listen QUITE as much as to other things.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth