Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.17.2011, 12:05 PM   #3781
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
^ Mega Man 8 is probably my favorite Mega Man game (and I've beaten every single one of 'em). STREET FIGHTER 3 is rules -- underrated as hell; the gameplay is topnotch, may be the best pure fighter ever, next to Guilty Gear X. I always play as IBUKI.

You know how you said certain games wouldn't work when oyu burnt them for the DReamcast, Joe? I had this problem too. Until I downloaded IMGBURN (newest version; it's about 700kb) and went here:

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...DiscJuggler%29

on page 2, you can download this .dll files. It's about 10kb, seriously. All you have to do from there is unpack the .rar or .zip or whatever in the ImgBurn main folder. So, c:\program files\imgburn or whatever is where you put the .dll files. This will allow you to burn EVERYTHING... every format you've EVER seen Dreamcst games in, from .cdi to .bin/cue to .nrg to .img to.. ANYTHING. There are some DreamCAst games I could never get to burn, such as...

IRIDE: MASTER OF BLOCKS (a BADASS Lumines clone; it's like Lumines with a few extra features.. if a person doesn't own a PSP or have XBOX live or want to spend the $20 for Lumines Fusion on the PS2 -- though, in all reality, it's the best game ever made possibly -- get this game asap), and...

VIRTUAL ON (DreamCast version), and...

CASTLE SHIKIGAMI 2 (I've had this game for years for my ps2, but the release was REALLY watered down and crappy, so I ended up giving it, Raiden III, Gradius III/IV, and Silpheed: Lost Planet away, FOR FREE, to my friend Booe a few months ago, in exchange for something that alters your mind... don't worry, y'all, as far as PS2 shooters go, I still have all the best ones.. Thunderforce VI, Homura, Ibara, R-Type Final, Gradius V, the Taito Legends 2 collection which has G-Darius, Gun Frontier, Darius Gaiden, and RayStorm), Capcom Classics 1/2 (1941, 1942, 1943, Legendary Wings, Section Z, Eco Fighters, Side Arms Hyper Dyne, etc), ESPgaluda, plus I have about 50 PS1 shmups that I play on the PS2... that, combined with the 24 DC shmups (not to mention the discs I have with every NeoGeo/Genesis/SNES/NES/GB and tons of arcade shmups, making it about 120 or more DC shmups) means I probably have about 300 shmups. It's the only genre I really give a fuck about honestly.)

...you'll be able to play these games, and more (I remember you saying you had problems burning BANGAI-O, IKARUGA, and MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2, right?) on your DC now, Joe.

To be honest, after many many months, and after playing tons of DC games (I've been keeping up with all the new releases.. Fast Strikers, Feet of Fury, Rush Ralley Racing, and Wind & Water Battles... all games that have come out in the past year.. don't forget the AMAZING-looking Gunlord and SturmWind coming out this year.. plus, the company who did Iride and Rush Ralley have announced 10 -- TEN!!!!!!! -- more DC games for the next year. Holy fuck!), I think I can make a definitive top 30 DC games list now. Cough.

1. D2
2. Ikaruga
3. Rez
4. Guilty Gear X
5. Capcom vs SNK 2
6. Psyvarius 2
7. Street Fighter III
8. Skies of Arcadia
9. Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
10. Shenmue
11. Marvel vs Capcom 2
12. Record of Lodoss War
13. DarkStalkers Ultimate
14. Under Defeat
15. Jet GRind Radio
16. Last Hope
17. Radio Allergy
18. Napple Tale
19. Grandia II
20. Tokyo Bus Guide
21. Mars Matrix
22. Cannon Spike
23. Space Channel 5 part 2
24. Bomber Heheh
25. Cosmic Smash
26. Fast Strikers
27. Iride: Master of Blocks
28. Border Down
29. Chaos Field
30. Maken X

..I see lots of people wanting a Dreamcast, so I think the above is a good list.

Anyway, besides the games I can finally play thanks to IMGBURN, I have been playing this gem:

Insmouse No Yakata

This game is a first person shooter for the VirtualBoy and is one of maybe 3 games that are actually kinda enjoyable for the system.. Screens in next post..

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2011, 12:10 PM   #3782
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

Definitely the most badass virtual boy game ever. It has a really cool atmosphere. I enjoy it/reccomend it.

Just found this and laughed:

SIXTEEN IN ONE SHOOTER COLLECTION! Hahah. I'm sure that's legit.

Old 03.17.2011, 12:18 PM   #3783
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Rad Dad Redamntion.

ps: I thnk you can currently get Dreamcast games from Steam, but who in their right mind would want to play games for a dead system?

might as well take up Latin while yr at it.

Winnie Widdie Wussy.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2011, 12:22 PM   #3784
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
^ woah. what game is that?

It's Cosmic Smash. Definitely worth downloading, it's like 50mb or something. It's basically a "tennis" game where you smash blocks with your tennis ball. It looks exactly like Rez, doesn't it? Cool look and atmosphere and fun -- almost ridiculous how fun it is when you consider how simple and easy it is.

My top 10 systems ever:

1. Dreamcast (just such a fun system, so cool in every way, I just love it to pieces, from the atmospheric genuinely disturbing D2 to about 20 shmups that blow my mind.. this system was made for me)
2. PS1 (about 20 RPG's on this system that I love, about 20 shmups that I love, about 20 platformers that I love; this system has more games than any system ever made, and it has more GREAT games than any system ever made.. every week, people are still digging up weird/obscure/awesome games for it that no one has ever heard of before, that just blow my mind. I have about 300 games for this system, I just love it to death.)
3. Nintendo DS (if you want to talk about unique, high-quality gaming, nothing comes close to the DS)
4. Genesis (so many awesome games with awesome soundtracks, and the grphics were always awesome... almost all he games for this system are fast as hell... a very hardcore system)
5. SNES (some of the coolest rpg's ever)
6. NES (I mean, seriously: it's the NES!)
7. Sega Saturn (it's just too bad 90% of the best games came out in Japan... but, yeah, Princess Crown, Dragoon Saga, Radiant Silvergun, etc are just mindblowing)
8. PS2 (holy shit what a system. DRAGON QUEST VIII.. I've put 100 hours into that fucker! KATAMARI... ICO... and ports of games like REz... another system I own a good 100 games for and I'm still discovering badass games for it. So many fucking awesome rpg's, like SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI NOCTURNE, ODIN SPHERE, and TALES OF THE ABYSS. What a system!)
9. XBOX360 (this generation doesn't impress me much, but the 360 keeps getting badas shmups like DEATHSMILES.. so I can't complain. I mean, I'm someone who think the original xbox is one of the worst systems of all time, and I HATE First Person Shooters, which this system is known for.. yet almost all the high quality next gen games came out for the 360 a few years back... THOUGH with games like Heavy Rain and Last Guardian, it seems like the PS3, although a bit late, is looking pretty fucking awesome. I'm thinking of getting a PS3 with my tax money... hey, at least I can finally get Disgaea 3!)
10. Neo-Geo (they're STILL making high quality games for this thing. )

As for Streets of Rage 3, that's a cool game, def. my fav of the series -- I highly reccomend Bare Knuckle 3, it's NORMAL MODE is easier than the EASY MODE in the American version. I never knew why they made the game so brutal in America (seriously; I can beat SOR2 on MANIAC mode -- where normal villians have STAR LIFEBARS -- without losing a life, even on level 7's elevator; on SoR3, I have a difficult time beating the game without using at least one continue, even on EASY!). I mean, 10 hits from a regular chacter in SoR3 kills you. Kinda silly. I LOVE being able to play as Shiva in both versions. The music is probably my favorite soundtrack ever, next to Super Metroid and Contra Hard Corps. Great fuckin game.

Old 03.17.2011, 02:58 PM   #3785
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark

Just found this and laughed:

SIXTEEN IN ONE SHOOTER COLLECTION! Hahah. I'm sure that's legit.

dl link?
Old 03.17.2011, 03:07 PM   #3786
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

last resort

zed blade

Old 03.17.2011, 03:08 PM   #3787
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I'll look into IMG Burn, there are plenty of titles I've been depressed that I couldn't get to burn right. Mostly fighting games. I just woke up and am too stupid-tired at the moment to do anything about it. It's funny that you listed D2 as your absolute favorite DC title, and I said Code Veronica. Seeing how similar they are... and stuff. That's funny, right?

Anyhow, I've heard D2 was hard to burn properly because of all the cut scenes. I know my Code Veronica often clips out the last few words of each character's dialogue per cut scene. You own a legit copy don't you, or did you find a good rip? Because I really wanna play it. You and I both have the exact same favorite top 2 games of all time (Killer7, Super Metroid) so I always trust your taste as far as games (and movies, and music....fuck you cooley) are concerned.

But oh yeah... a few last things: I'm also very glad to see Mars Matrix on your list. That game is bonkers hahaha. So fucking hard. mAlso, I've been thinking about getting a Virtual Boy soon. I've decided not to jump on the 3DS immediately, as insanely cool as it looks, I need a job first - ha! A VB is a much cheaper, equally intriguing (to me), more nerd-point-worthy substitute.

Okay shoot me. I'm going back to sleep.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2011, 03:15 PM   #3788
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I think I'm gonna burn Cannon Spike today!
Old 03.17.2011, 03:24 PM   #3789
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
imgburn works flawlessly for GCN, PS1 and PS2. I can tell you thta much.
Old 03.17.2011, 03:32 PM   #3790
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

I might try my hand at burning some PS1/PS2 games. I have much more DVD-Rs than CD-Rs at the moment. I'm just fearful of messing with my PS2's disc drive to get 'em to work. Lord knows, I dont wanna have to go out and buy a 4th PS2.... fuck.
Old 03.17.2011, 04:15 PM   #3791
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I have a slim ps2. Lookup tissue/tape mod on youtube. Such a simple way to get PS1 imports and burns running.
Old 03.17.2011, 05:30 PM   #3792
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses

Still playing plenty of Marvel Vs Capcom 3 with my Chun-Li fightstick.

I preordered Crysis 2, so hopefully it's pretty sweet.
Old 03.17.2011, 06:14 PM   #3793
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
I'm trying (at least) to get thru Streets Of Rage, without losing a life but can't even beat the second boss without losing a life. He's a real bitch, the guy with the claws.
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2011, 06:37 PM   #3794
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I might try my hand at burning some PS1/PS2 games. I have much more DVD-Rs than CD-Rs at the moment. I'm just fearful of messing with my PS2's disc drive to get 'em to work. Lord knows, I dont wanna have to go out and buy a 4th PS2.... fuck.

Oh, ps1 games are easy. With nero. Just burn a data disc.. burn an .img file, or if it's .bin/.cue, burn the .cue. The .cue just tells the .bin what to do, so if you can't get it to work, open the .cue as a notepad file and make sure it has the .bin file with the EXACT name copied. PS2 games are easy to burn but you need a modded ps2.. it's not really worth it honestly. PS1 games, obviously, you can just use the swap trick which is super easy.

Old 03.17.2011, 06:41 PM   #3795
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

joe:
Yeah man you can't find a D2 "rip" that is proper, because they always lower the quality of the voices big time or they cut out cut scenes. Fuck that. This is a game worth buying -- it is one of 3 DreamCast games I own real copies of, the rest are burns (the other "real" games BANGAI-O and IKARUGA -- I'm a Treasure fanatic). I paid $24 for a 4 disc game. Totally worth it. I'd say, atmospherically, it's the best game ever made... and I'd say, the story is bout as big a mindfuck as Killer7, maybe moreso.. there's tentacle rape and lots of violence... it's genuinely disturbing... you won't believe it.. I don't want to ruin it, but some of the characters..... man.... let's just say, there's a gigantic robot vagina that attacks you at one point who screams "KILL MEEEEEEEEE" over and over and when she screams it, it's 100x louder than the sounds in the rst of the game.. most of the music is dark as hell atmospheric sounds.. amazing game.

Old 03.17.2011, 08:31 PM   #3796
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

holy shit, Milestone Shooting Collection 2 is coming out for the wii!

while it has quite a few dreamcast ports, Illvelo is coming home for the first time ever!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...s2iXWxjvl8&t=1

mmmm!

Old 03.18.2011, 07:55 AM   #3797
noisereductions
invito al cielo

about time. Illvelo was announced as a standalone Wii release so long ago and just never materialized.

Adam, do you have a link to that ps2 shmup bootleg you posted about?
Old 03.21.2011, 02:25 AM   #3798
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Old 03.21.2011, 02:30 AM   #3799
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Not being a gamer on any serious level (the last system I owned was a psp, if that says anything), I never really participate in this thread...but recently I've taken to hanging out with this guy that's moved into my building. We get drunk and play Manhunt on ps2 and I'm really enjoying it. Old yeah, but creepy as all fuck.
Old 03.21.2011, 11:58 AM   #3800
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Mass Effect 2 won the BAFTA for best game at this years awards. A worthy winner.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
140180187188189 190 191192193200240 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth