Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Credit Crunch/Recession Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.16.2008, 03:29 PM   #41
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I work in a more 'properly' corporate environment, where everyone's very keen to use high-falutin' concepts to edify the lack of actual content to their ideas.

yeah, but presumabley those people learned that trick from the art world?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2008, 03:32 PM   #42
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Aren't you the dude who actively partcipated in making the election of someone who's going to make you feel the pinch even more seriosuly than everyone else before real (i.e. wasting time and changing nothing)? Shouldn't you be the one who will have the deadpan look on his face when derision will come in all the brutal force of grim reality?

what are you mumbling about? i don't understand what you're saying and i'm pretty sure it isn't my fault-- do you have something to say about my exchange with pbradley, or my answer to floterz, or what? i'll be happy to answer your questions (I see two questions maks in your posts) but please, decipher.

1) The election of somewho who what? "Everyone else before real"?

2) Do you realize in what context I used the word "derision"?
Here's a rough translation, simplified:
pbradley - nobody will hire one with my degree
!@#$%! - you undervalue your skills
pbradley(scornfully) - i really don't, but i like to fake it for the pity
!@#$%!(mockingly) - you'll get pity on the internet, and putdowns

That brief exchange had nothing to do with anything else.

3) So, what about the brutal force of grim reality?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2008, 03:33 PM   #43
sarramkrop

Quote:
It really isn't a small company. If you've had a drink in the last week, they've had an oar in it somewhere. But whatever, you're right, London does have more than it's fair share of prickery. London does not, by any means, have a stranglehold on corporate prickery. I'm not entirely sure what the point is now, but... yeah. Eat it.
London IS the mirror of everything that is happening in this country, just like any other major city is the mirror of whatever happens in any other country. I'm sure the company you work for is big, smart, and all that, but it isn't based in London, where you get to see the consequences of the tremors caused by volatile economical instability before everywhere else in the UK, like it or not. Agree?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2008, 03:37 PM   #44
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what are you mumbling about? i don't understand what you're saying and i'm pretty sure it isn't my fault-- do you have something to say about my exchange with pbradley, or my answer to floterz, or what? i'll be happy to answer your questions (I see two questions maks in your posts) but please, decipher.

1) The election of somewho who what? "Everyone else before real"?

2) Do you realize in what context I used the word "derision"?
Here's a rough translation, simplified:
pbradley - nobody will hire one with my degree
!@#$%! - you undervalue your skills
pbradley(scornfully) - i really don't, but i like to fake it for the pity
!@#$%!(mockingly) - you'll get pity, and putdowns

That brief exchange had nothing to do with anything else.

3) So, what about the brutal force of grim reality?

Nah, you stop the bitchy abstraction and answer the question, which I'm dead sure you understood very well. Stop acting naive or like you are all superior to others. For once.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2008, 03:40 PM   #45
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses

afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2008, 03:40 PM   #46
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Nah, you stop the bitchy abstraction and answer the question, which I'm dead sure you understood very well. Stop acting naive or like you are all superior to others. For once.

what question? a question mark does not a question make. ask a fucking question in an intelligible way and you might get an answer. just cos i point out your nonsensical syntax doesn't make it like "im superior to others". i just ask for intelligible questions if an answer is expected of me.

otherwise, i might as well ask you:

what at where with done who?

plus two?

is there something that?

oh, stop acting naive and answer those!
Old 12.16.2008, 03:41 PM   #47
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
London IS the mirror of everything that is happening in this country, just like any other major city is the mirror of whatever happens in any other country. I'm sure the company you work for is big, smart, and all that, but it isn't based in London, where you get to see the consequences of the tremors caused by volatile economical instability before everywhere else in the UK, like it or not. Agree?

Well, that very much depends. In principle I agree, but it depends on the market - if you're an estate agent, you've been bricking it for years; if you're a small business in Renfrewshire, you've either been bricking it for the last 20 years or you've given up caring. I personally dislike the London-centrism that affects a lot of people (most often non-Londoners, I should add) but I entirely agree that London saw this coming way ahead of the rest of this country.

And for what it's worth, London is fucking huge, and the tremors are reacted to and consolidated much quicker. Small businesses in my hometown (actually a village) are utterly, utterly fucked (so you can look forward to even more over-crowding in London when all the Cornish migrate up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2008, 03:41 PM   #48
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact

ha ha ha ha. it's fun isn't it?
Old 12.16.2008, 03:42 PM   #49
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
That's what I come here for.

Well, that and the crack.
Old 12.16.2008, 03:43 PM   #50
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
yeah, but presumabley those people learned that trick from the art world?

The art world is mimicking industry, I assure you. Remember Warhol's factory? (Generalising massively) artists tended to rely upon benefactors prior to him, and Warhol got his notions from industry, not vice-versa.

Everyone's a prick, but artists have only relatively recently become mercenary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2008, 03:44 PM   #51
afterthefact
invito al cielo

I agree with the first half of the last sentence.
Old 12.16.2008, 03:46 PM   #52
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
That's what I come here for.

Well, that and the crack.

repped

Old 12.16.2008, 03:51 PM   #53
sarramkrop

Quote:
what question? a question mark does not a question make. ask fucking question in an intelligible way and you might get an answer. just cos i point out your nonsensical syntax doesn't make it like "im superior to others". i just ask for intelligeble questions if an answer is expected of me.

otherwise, i might as well ask you:

what at where with done who?

plus two?

is there something that?

oh, stop acting naive and answer those!
Look, syntax can suck my arse on the internet. We could spend a whole thread trying to out-bitch each other, and I'd still win 100%. You might as well admit that you like appearing on any vaguely political thread with a bit of flowery language which at the core isn't saying anything else other than stating the fact you suffer from a big complex of inferiority toward your surroundings, therefore you make up for it with an inferior view of what's going on around you, in hope the use of said flowery language makes you appear like a better person than most other people posting on that thread. No syntax, just bitchiness.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2008, 03:55 PM   #54
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
No syntax, just bitchiness.

i get your bitchiness flaring like the hives, but i (still) don't get your questions.

how hard is to rewrite them in a readable manner?
Old 12.16.2008, 03:55 PM   #55
sarramkrop

Quote:
The art world is mimicking industry, I assure you. Remember Warhol's factory? (Generalising massively) artists tended to rely upon benefactors prior to him, and Warhol got his notions from industry, not vice-versa.

Everyone's a prick, but artists have only relatively recently become mercenary.
Yeah, but the South Bank art complex is way bigger than Warhol's factory, and has been open since the late 70's. Opened by no other than Your Majesty The Queen. Can you get more corporate than that?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2008, 03:56 PM   #56
sarramkrop

Quote:
i get your bitchiness flaring like the hives, but i (still) don't get your questions.

how hard is to rewrite them in a readable manner?
you do get them. you're just being contrary....and bitchy.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2008, 04:01 PM   #57
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
you do get them. you're just being contrary....and bitchy.

i swear to you this is gibberish

Aren't you the dude who actively partcipated in making the election of someone who's going to make you feel the pinch even more seriosuly than everyone else before real (i.e. wasting time and changing nothing)? Shouldn't you be the one who will have the deadpan look on his face when derision will come in all the brutal force of grim reality?

Here's my attempt at deciphering:

I get that I actively participated in the election of someone (Obama). You claim that said "someone" (Obama) is not just young and tanned, but is also going to make me feel the pinch even more seriosuly than "everyone else before real". See, that's where you lose me. "everyone else before real". What?

Then you post in parenthesis "(i.e. wasting time or changing nothing)."

It seems to me that you claim that I helped elect someone who apparently harmful to me in some vague and confusing manner that doesn't make sense (I get the tenor, but not the meaning).

So, no, I don't believe I helped elect someone who's going to "make me" feel some kind of pinch before something real i.e.
Old 12.16.2008, 04:04 PM   #58
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

part 2:

Shouldn't you be the one who will have the deadpan look on his face when derision will come in all the brutal force of grim reality?

Should I do what? I'm not generally deadpan, I'm a 5-alarm kind of person.

Derision will come...

Derision: act of treating with contempt.Pity (especially fake one, as pbradley joked) comes with contempt.

So derision will come to me? What's new? Doesn't it come to everyone?

the brutal force of grim reality.

Hm... ok...???

You're waxing prophetic and want me to say "yes" or "no"?
Old 12.16.2008, 04:08 PM   #59
sarramkrop

Quote:
i swear to you this is gibberish

Here's my attempt at deciphering:

I get that I actively participated in the election of someone (Obama). You claim that said "someone" (Obama) is not just young and tanned, but is also going to make me feel the pinch even more seriosuly than "everyone else before real". See, that's where you lose me. "everyone else before real". What?

Then you post in parenthesis "(i.e. wasting time or changing nothing)."

It seems to me that you claim that I helped elect someone who apparently harmful to me in some vague and confusing manner that doesn't make sense (I get the tenor, but not the meaning).

So, no, I don't believe I helped elect someone who's going to "make me" feel some kind of pinch before something real i.e.
i left all the unedited bits in there purposely to confuse you, 'cause i knew you'd play the grmmr-nazi card in order not to answer (the question). So, after I helped you feel that little bit more like you're ling up your own arse, wgat were you saying again?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2008, 04:10 PM   #60
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
i left all the unedited bits in there purposely to confuse you, 'cause i knew you'd play the grmmr-nazi card in order not to answer (the question). So, after I helped you feel that little bit more like you're ling up your own arse, wgat were you saying again?

oh, benito, you are inventing these things a posteri. "it was a part of my plan all along!". cheap tricks nobody believes.

try again.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth