Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Some recent live show that I did
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.10.2017, 02:52 AM   #1
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
You can watch it here, if you are bored and have spare 30 minutes of your life:

https://vimeo.com/212361579

It was in Prague this January.
Any feedback appreciated

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2017, 08:51 AM   #2
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Holy fuck, this is you?!

I had no idea -- or didn't remember -- that you made music like THIS. This is bloody excellent, slavo!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2017, 09:00 AM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
This is exactly what I needed this Monday morning as I process graduate documentation petitions...... Thanks!
Old 04.10.2017, 09:21 AM   #4
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
This is Fucking incredible. Seriously. This is the kind of shit I spend hours on obscure electronic music sites digging through shit to find. I loved the entire thing, from beginning to end, and I have no criticisms.

However, you said you wanted feedback, so as a fan of this kind of music, I will tell you what stood out most for me:

(~6:47 to ~7:50) — I was already enjoying myself immensely, but I peeked up quite a bit right around here. The vocal sample (if I'm hearing it right?) seemed to add a new dimension to the music.

(~10:26 to ~15:00) — I love this... the hypnotic quality of the kind of chopped up arpeggio is just beautiful. This section really reminds me of something... some artist or song that I love the shit out of... but it's eluding me right now. Could it be Boards of Canada? I kinda don't think so, and if it is I can't think of the track that this brings to mind. I'm not saying it's derivative — just that the sound (which I can't identify because as much as I love bleeps and bloops I know fuckall about synths and equipment) is familiar. Can you speak at all to your inspiration for this segment of the track?

(~16:35 to ~20:00; 23:00) — Ok, see, I thought the song had peaked. Then this build starts. Your transitions are flawless. I would never have guessed that the piece was going to go in this direction based on the start. Then at ~23:00 it touches on perfection. I'm rubbish at identifying the tones (sorry!) but this is dope as fuck.

(~27:35 to the end) — Heating up like crazy again a little after the 27 minute mark. Then the lower tones that start to blend in at around 31:00, along with the vocal samples, make for a very vivid sound collage indeed.

I don't really know what else to say man. I wish I could give you more constructive feedback, but fucking WELL DONE.

Shit.

ETA: It reminds me of Tortoise - "Djed."
Old 04.10.2017, 09:22 AM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Slavo I can hear progression from your earlier material. subtlety, layering that was not there before, and a deft touch my man. Love it.
Old 04.10.2017, 09:27 AM   #6
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
(~10:26 to ~15:00) ... This section really reminds me of something... some artist or song that I love the shit out of... but it's eluding me right now. Could it be Boards of Canada? I kinda don't think so, and if it is I can't think of the track that this brings to mind.

Never mind, my brain started working again... I got it.

This reminds me of one of my favorite songs of all time, "Djed" by Tortoise from Millions Now Living Will Never Die. Specifically the bit that kicks in at 10:28 of that song (not the bass, obviously, but the synths.) Also the part around the 11-something minute mark where the the bleeps and bloops start to swarm.

Oh man.

Am I on the right track? Are you a Tortoise fan?
Old 04.10.2017, 09:31 AM   #7
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Slavo I can hear progression from your earlier material. subtlety, layering that was not there before, and a deft touch my man. Love it.

Agreed on the deft touch of hand and layering. I thought I'd listened to slavo's stuff before, but I don't recall hearing anything like this.

Good form.
Old 04.10.2017, 09:54 AM   #8
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2017, 10:16 AM   #9
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
This is Fucking incredible. Seriously. This is the kind of shit I spend hours on obscure electronic music sites digging through shit to find. I loved the entire thing, from beginning to end, and I have no criticisms.

However, you said you wanted feedback, so as a fan of this kind of music, I will tell you what stood out most for me:

(~6:47 to ~7:50) — I was already enjoying myself immensely, but I peeked up quite a bit right around here. The vocal sample (if I'm hearing it right?) seemed to add a new dimension to the music.

Thanks. Is there really a vocal sample? I know there's one important one at around 15:00 (by my Iranian friend who talks about some serious shit), but here I'm not so sure, what the sample really was.

Quote:
(~10:26 to ~15:00) — I love this... the hypnotic quality of the kind of chopped up arpeggio is just beautiful. This section really reminds me of something... some artist or song that I love the shit out of... but it's eluding me right now. Could it be Boards of Canada? I kinda don't think so, and if it is I can't think of the track that this brings to mind. I'm not saying it's derivative — just that the sound (which I can't identify because as much as I love bleeps and bloops I know fuckall about synths and equipment) is familiar. Can you speak at all to your inspiration for this segment of the track?

This is quite a tough question actually. But lately I've been listening to the sort of more traditional ambient stuff (that I had loathed previously) like Tangerine Dream, Steve Roach and the like, so I guess this could be an inspiration for this live track. Plus, I play the wonderful Analog Four synthetizer and it's capable of nice analog arpeggios and bass sounds like these, so I wanted to make the most out of it.

Anyways, these tracks won't end up on any record (except the first one, which I really like), they're mostly just fun stuff to play live.

Quote:
(~16:35 to ~20:00; 23:00) — Ok, see, I thought the song had peaked. Then this build starts. Your transitions are flawless. I would never have guessed that the piece was going to go in this direction based on the start. Then at ~23:00 it touches on perfection. I'm rubbish at identifying the tones (sorry!) but this is dope as fuck.

This could be my favourite part of this live set. It's got this polyrythmic thing to it, that I did kind of by accident, but it sounded really good in the venue.

Quote:
(~27:35 to the end) — Heating up like crazy again a little after the 27 minute mark. Then the lower tones that start to blend in at around 31:00, along with the vocal samples, make for a very vivid sound collage indeed.

This track is the only one that had been released already:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCqblVJQMZU
it's not really "live" per se, I mostly play it from Ableton (+I added the synth arp over it to make it more interesting).

Quote:

I don't really know what else to say man. I wish I could give you more constructive feedback, but fucking WELL DONE.

Shit.

ETA: It reminds me of Tortoise - "Djed."

Thanks man, this comment was really interesting to read! Highly appreciate your feedback and am very glad you liked that.

And Yes, "Milions Living..." by Tortoise is an album that I used to spin on a daily basis many years ago!

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 04.10.2017, 11:36 AM   #10
Severian
invito al cielo

Yeah man, I love that album. "Djed" more than anything else on it. Some great polyrhythmic stuff going on in the second half of that track. Amazing. It was the soundtrack to many long drives in the winter for me, and I find the music plays very well in a blizzard.

Thank you for sharing! Like I said, I thiught I'd listened to your stuff before on here, but I don't recall hearing anything that hit me like this. THIS is my shit (as far as non-guitar and non-hip-hop goes). I live for this stuff. I apologize for not doing a better job of keeping up with your recordings. Sincerely. Because had I known this is what you were doing, I'd be buying your records.

Speaking of that, where can I buy your records? Digital downloads available? Bandcamp? Are you under the name CASI CADI MINUTO only, or have you any other monikers I should be aware of?

Make an album! Send this shit to PROJECT: MOONCIRCLE! Or if you're in Europe, how about Pampa? Warped is a bit obvious, and honestly not as good as the others these days. But P:M is a great little collective label -- based in Canada, I believe -- that seems to have an interest in getting exposure for deserving, interesting independent ambient and techno artists (see: KidKanevil, Submerse).

Your stuff also reminds me a bit of KidKanevil when he's in a more ambient, less "four-on-the-floor" mood. Ever heard My Little Ghost?
Old 04.10.2017, 11:42 AM   #11
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Casi Cada Minuto has some CD's available, and I have a split with Imre Kiss on colored vinyl which is DOPE (both sides)
https://www.discogs.com/artist/1794662-Casi-Cada-Minuto
Old 04.10.2017, 01:32 PM   #12
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Casi Cada Minuto has some CD's available, and I have a split with Imre Kiss on colored vinyl which is DOPE (both sides)
https://www.discogs.com/artist/1794662-Casi-Cada-Minuto

Thanks!
Old 04.10.2017, 03:01 PM   #13
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
super slavo! zrovna dnes ma napadlo ci to uz je na punktume! skvely set.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2017, 02:14 AM   #14
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeah man, I love that album. "Djed" more than anything else on it. Some great polyrhythmic stuff going on in the second half of that track. Amazing. It was the soundtrack to many long drives in the winter for me, and I find the music plays very well in a blizzard.

Thank you for sharing! Like I said, I thiught I'd listened to your stuff before on here, but I don't recall hearing anything that hit me like this. THIS is my shit (as far as non-guitar and non-hip-hop goes). I live for this stuff. I apologize for not doing a better job of keeping up with your recordings. Sincerely. Because had I known this is what you were doing, I'd be buying your records.

Speaking of that, where can I buy your records? Digital downloads available? Bandcamp? Are you under the name CASI CADI MINUTO only, or have you any other monikers I should be aware of?

Make an album! Send this shit to PROJECT: MOONCIRCLE! Or if you're in Europe, how about Pampa? Warped is a bit obvious, and honestly not as good as the others these days. But P:M is a great little collective label -- based in Canada, I believe -- that seems to have an interest in getting exposure for deserving, interesting independent ambient and techno artists (see: KidKanevil, Submerse).

Your stuff also reminds me a bit of KidKanevil when he's in a more ambient, less "four-on-the-floor" mood. Ever heard My Little Ghost?

Thanks man, I'm really flattered. I don't get to hear such nice words regarding my work too often.

Besides what Rob said, I have also an older CD out, called In White Rooms

http://exitab.exitmusic.org/album/in...-rooms-extb037

I have a CD at home, I can send you one if you want.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 04.11.2017, 04:15 AM   #15
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
super slavo! zrovna dnes ma napadlo ci to uz je na punktume! skvely set.

dikes. hej, dobre to vyslo, ked to teraz tak retrospektivne pocuvam. mozno ta druha cast mohla byt kratsia, ale to uz je subjektivne.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 04.11.2017, 09:23 AM   #16
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Thanks man, I'm really flattered. I don't get to hear such nice words regarding my work too often.

Besides what Rob said, I have also an older CD out, called In White Rooms

http://exitab.exitmusic.org/album/in...-rooms-extb037

I have a CD at home, I can send you one if you want.

I don't think that's necessary, man. I can buy on your label's bandcamp. I see there are digital copies of In White Rooms available at "name your price," but fuck that. I want to support artists. So I'll be buying one of those CDs for sure.

However I do see that the split Rob was talking about is sold out. Any idea if/when it will be in stock?

I'd also pay for a recording of the live set from this thread. I've preview In White Rooms and the split, but I think what you've posted here is my favorite.
Old 04.11.2017, 10:03 AM   #17
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

The red vinyl is so sweet on that split 12"
Old 04.11.2017, 01:07 PM   #18
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
dikes. hej, dobre to vyslo, ked to teraz tak retrospektivne pocuvam. mozno ta druha cast mohla byt kratsia, ale to uz je subjektivne.

ale ide o to, ked som to teraz takto videl znova, ze si sa dost posunul zvukovo a dejovo v porovnani co si pamatam par rokov spat. zvuk je ovela zivsi a dobre navrstveny a ovela viac sa toho deje zvukovo.

typek nahral kvalitne video a audio takisto.

p. s. robil som si prieskum na cases a zostal som z toho trosku v soku, nevedel som ze je to s nimi az tak cenovo, ehrm.

Old 04.11.2017, 01:10 PM   #19
greenlight
invito al cielo

sorry, just realised, that it is probably not nice to speak in our language on here. somehow found it easier at that moment. basically I was praising Slavo's work.

Old 04.11.2017, 01:14 PM   #20
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I only understood "video", "audio"

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth