Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Drugs
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.21.2013, 11:23 AM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
re-posting this from the Full Albums on Youtube thread

anyone got some schwag we can cook with?

Here's Neil's notorious recipe for "Honey Slides" as he described it at a concert at the Bottom Line Club in New York City, NY, May 16, 1974 while introducing the song "Motion Pictures".
Neil: "Anyway, we're in this hotel room (harmonica), we're trying some honey-slides, you know....You know what a honey-slide is? (voice from audience: Yes!) Honey-slide, mmmmmmn!
You know, poor grade marijuana (he's playing soft guitar all through this... Motion Pictures intro), worse than you get on the street, and you take it and you get your old lady, you know, if you got one, to cook it up on the stove, you know, put that stuff in the grinder, get it real fine, in a frying pan, put it on the stove, turn the heat up a little, wait till the grass just starts to smoke, just a little bit, take it off the heat, don't want to burn it too much (laughter and a few guitar bars), then you take the honey, you know, get a half a glass of honey about this big - I hope you ladies are listening to the recipes tonight - (audience laughter and a few words missing) just heat that honey up until it's slippery, you know, and mix that grass with it, you know the fine grass that you've cooked up just until it started to smoke and you took it off, mix those together and you get a spoon you know (voices from the audience and laughter).
I think you should eat it after that. Just eat a little of it, you know, maybe a spoonful or two, you'll be surprised, it just makes you feel fine... (laughter) That cheap grass is great. You know, in these times, you have to think about prices and things like that (laughter).

according to the band members it was like taking heroin, in that it hit them heavy and half of them would nod off in the studio within 15 minutes. ha!
Old 06.21.2013, 11:35 AM   #2
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Michael Jackson went 60 days without REM sleep due to daily Propofol intake given by his doctor. http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/21/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t1

wow.
Old 06.21.2013, 12:15 PM   #3
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Michael Jackson went 60 days without REM sleep due to daily Propofol intake given by his doctor. http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/21/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t1

wow.

Do people in drug induced comas undergo REM? I was just thinking about the psychic driving experiments the CIA funded where people would be kept in comas for months while 'subliminal' recordings played in their pillow speakers.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2013, 01:05 PM   #4
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

depends on the drug. propofol specifically curtails all REM sleep.

Acording to the article it leaves you feeling rested but it is not a proper rest, as your brain did not get to sublimate all your experiences which normally happens in REM sleep.
That means MJ was probably hallucinating, suffering from tremors, all sorts of fucked up shit.
Old 06.21.2013, 01:37 PM   #5
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Drugs of Youth

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2013, 12:33 AM   #6
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
i like
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2013, 12:43 AM   #7
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
there is nothing romantic or rockstar about drugs. they are a symptom of a self-implosion and are a slow motion form of suicide. most of us have done them. we all are grown enough to damn near know better. and Neil Young's edibles are not drugs, and surely Neil knows drugs

Old 06.23.2013, 03:32 AM   #8
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
there is nothing romantic or rockstar about drugs. they are a symptom of a self-implosion and are a slow motion form of suicide. most of us have done them. we all are grown enough to damn near know better. and Neil Young's edibles are not drugs, and surely Neil knows drugs

truth. but weed, shrooms, peyote, dmt and other natty shit arent drugs
Old 06.23.2013, 10:19 AM   #9
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
yuh faces is a drug!
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2013, 11:54 AM   #10
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
yo face looks like a steaming pile of mexican poo^^

Racist.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2013, 09:24 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonikJesus
truth. but weed, shrooms, peyote, dmt and other natty shit arent drugs

No, they're not necessarily in the sense that they are not readily abused, though plenty of self-destructive types have spent that crack money on smoking too much weed. I may be a Rasta, but burning the lamb's breath collie isn't necessarily for every queen and kingman.

As to hard drugs? In reality, its a form of gradual suicide. The high from opiates and cocaine is so strong, so bewildering, so exaggerated that it is like lou reed sang, "closing in on death."

Every time a person gets high on hard drugs, they are momentarily escaping life and having a near-death encounter. The thrill of this, is even if only subconsciously the drug abused wants this, needs this deathly experience. Death is what they are really looking for, hence the absolute high. Heroin separates the mind from the body. Cocaine separates the mind from the soul. Life is life, and drugs are death. We've all been there, we've all done that. We all know exactly what I am talking about. Nobody does drugs because they are totally happy about life, generally quite the opposite.

Old 06.27.2013, 04:54 AM   #12
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

i just meant cause they werent manufactured, extracted, concentrated, produced with some science shit whatever. But great post SUCHDUDE
Old 06.27.2013, 08:14 AM   #13
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

you don't think hydroponics is SCIENCE???????

Old 06.28.2013, 04:48 AM   #14
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

yea its scientific but its just a way of growing the plant. the weed is still weed. not a concentrated dose. that is if only if you smoke it as weed, not as hash or oil. I meant other drugs are like chemistry in the way theyre manufactured. You have to make meth. you have to make heroin. you have to make ecstasy. you have to make lsd. Weed shrooms peyote whatever you can just ingest as is.
Old 06.28.2013, 08:24 AM   #15
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

true dat.

the process of making cocaine is so fucking filthy and toxic. There is a reason that shit eats away at your sinus cavitites.
Old 06.28.2013, 08:27 AM   #16
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Thought this was going to be a thread about, Breaking Bad

Anyone else ready for the Final Season?

Last night my ten year old daughter made her theatrical debut (show is in a bar). Wife said she wanted a drink with some BANG and the bartender hooked her up with a Liquid Marijuana.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2013, 08:32 AM   #17
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
No, they're not necessarily in the sense that they are not readily abused, though plenty of self-destructive types have spent that crack money on smoking too much weed. I may be a Rasta, but burning the lamb's breath collie isn't necessarily for every queen and kingman.

As to hard drugs? In reality, its a form of gradual suicide. The high from opiates and cocaine is so strong, so bewildering, so exaggerated that it is like lou reed sang, "closing in on death."

Every time a person gets high on hard drugs, they are momentarily escaping life and having a near-death encounter. The thrill of this, is even if only subconsciously the drug abused wants this, needs this deathly experience. Death is what they are really looking for, hence the absolute high. Heroin separates the mind from the body. Cocaine separates the mind from the soul. Life is life, and drugs are death. We've all been there, we've all done that. We all know exactly what I am talking about. Nobody does drugs because they are totally happy about life, generally quite the opposite.

from my buddhist perspective i would alter this to say that sobriety, not the high, is death, since we are all addicted to oxygen/carbs/fats/proteins etc. but otherwise must spread rep.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2013, 09:17 AM   #18
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Thought this was going to be a thread about, Breaking Bad

Anyone else ready for the Final Season?

Last night my ten year old daughter made her theatrical debut (show is in a bar). Wife said she wanted a drink with some BANG and the bartender hooked her up with a Liquid Marijuana.

Last year I went with my wife for the weekend to lafayette LA, to accompany her while she did a makeup artist gig that weekend. Before I picked her up in the afternoon I would stop by the drive-thru Daquiri place and get her a "Liquid Marijuana" daquiri. It was deeeelicious! Drive thru daquiri!
Old 07.01.2013, 02:34 PM   #19
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
^ racist

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2013, 04:02 PM   #20
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
i'll have you know most of my friends are either black or mexican. and that's fo real. who else am i going to hang wit. a bunch of rednecks?

That is about how I feel

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth