Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.15.2016, 09:04 PM   #20221
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I loved MOS!

And yes, Amy Adams steals the camera. She is really something.
Old 12.15.2016, 09:10 PM   #20222
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
BUT... Have you ever seen Insomnia? Chris Nolan's Insomnia? The one after Memento, before all the stuff he's now famous for. Al Pacino = homicide detective chases psychopath killer to Alaska. Robin Williams is NOT a sad sack in that film. He's Fucking terrifying.
i saw the original one (norwegian i think?) so skipped the gringo remakes

dragon tat (swede) same thing

i did sorta caved on this policy with let the right one in but by accident

===

eta in american hustle she was fucking fantastic-- her accents ha hahahahaha
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2016, 10:48 PM   #20223
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I loved MOS!

And yes, Amy Adams steals the camera. She is really something.

Thank god. Not many people do. Not the "comic book" crowd anyway. A lot of my Uber nerd friends thought it was too serious. But I'm a Supes lifer and I loved it. LOVED IT.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2016, 09:13 AM   #20224
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

friend let me know he had an extra ticket to see this last night at the Imax 3-D. Fucking awesome. FUCKING AWESOME.
Old 12.16.2016, 09:34 AM   #20225
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
cool. I prob won't get to see it til after holidays.
Old 12.16.2016, 09:42 AM   #20226
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

friend let me know he had an extra ticket to see this last night at the Imax 3-D. Fucking awesome. FUCKING AWESOME.

Glad to hear it.

I likely won't see it until the new year either, which is what we did with Force Awakens. We waited for the hype to die down. Then saw it in a half-full theater in the middle of January. It was nice.
Old 12.16.2016, 09:47 AM   #20227
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Force Awakens was fun to watch in a nearly empty theater. My wife and I watched it on a matinee.

I had not seen an Imax movie in a while because the shit makes me dizzy sometimes, but this was allright. I am not a fan of 3D and I would love to go see the movie again without the 3D.
Old 12.16.2016, 09:48 AM   #20228
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

There were at least 8 different times when I was agog seeing something i had never seen before..... The air battles were filmed perfectly (not like the bullshit battles in the last two Star Trek films where you cant see what the fuck is happening.)
Old 12.16.2016, 09:49 AM   #20229
noisereductions
invito al cielo

yeah we waited til the end of January to see Force Awakens, and did so on a weekday morning. It was pretty much empty and awesome (3D, luxury recliner seating...), so we'll prob do the same for Rogue One.
Old 12.16.2016, 09:50 AM   #20230
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

My wife grew up watching old classic hollywood films and not much of the modern stuff, so she had never seen the star wars OG 3. We ended up watching them a year or so ago and she enjoyed them a lot but she FREAKED OUT when Darth Vader took his mask off and he was not James Earl Jones. She has gone her entire life thinking James Earl Jones actually played the physical role of Darth Vader!!! she could not understand why he was white.... hahahahha. I had t explain it all
Old 12.16.2016, 09:56 AM   #20231
noisereductions
invito al cielo

my wife had never seen any Star Wars either. She didn't think she'd like them. I begged her to watched New Hope. She loved it, so we marathoned all 6 leading up to Force Awakens release. It was fun watching 7 Star Wars films in the course of like 2 months.
Old 12.16.2016, 12:13 PM   #20232
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Ms, Ild drags me to see these. The last couple were OK, but those early ones stunk.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2016, 12:31 PM   #20233
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
My wife grew up watching old classic hollywood films and not much of the modern stuff, so she had never seen the star wars OG 3. We ended up watching them a year or so ago and she enjoyed them a lot but she FREAKED OUT when Darth Vader took his mask off and he was not James Earl Jones. She has gone her entire life thinking James Earl Jones actually played the physical role of Darth Vader!!! she could not understand why he was white.... hahahahha. I had t explain it all

Haha! That's purty goddamn funny. If you're anything like me, Darth Vader has been in your life since toddlerhood. Such an iconic figure. I'll bet it was kind of a shocker for you, since that character is about as universal as the lineup of the Beatles to folks like us. Haha.

She overestimated the cultural awareness of Hollywood in the '70s and '80s if she believed the hero would be the son of a biracial union though. Anyway... lolz.

I'm super excited about Rogue One based on what you've said though. I too have a hard time with IMAX sometimes (dizzy spells, disorientation, etc. is always just around the corner for lifelong migraine sufferers like me), and I haven't seen a 3D movie since Jaws 3D (derp!). I have no real interest in any of that pop and fizzle shit, but I am now PUMPED to see it on a standard screen some lazy afternoon in the near future.
Old 12.16.2016, 12:37 PM   #20234
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
Ms, Ild drags me to see these. The last couple were OK, but those early ones stunk.

What? Star Wars? You can't mean Star Wars.

Because this is how the Star Wars films rank (definitely):

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Star Wars (A New Hope)
3. The Force Awakens
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. The Phantom Menace
7. Attack of the Clones

The Ewok movie is blood curdlingly terrible, but it might be better than Attack f the Clones.

I'm pretty sure Rogue One will be up there once I see it. I honestly probably prefer TFA to the original Star Wars — it just looks SO much cooler, cleaner, harder, better, faster, stronger) but for now I rank it below the first film just because #nerdstalgia.
Old 12.16.2016, 12:40 PM   #20235
Severian
invito al cielo

Also, Rob was it you who said something disparaging about the recent Star Trek films? 'Cause fuck that man! All three of them have kicked ass in my opinion. Especially the first two.

Hard to compare them directly to Star Wars. SW has always had more space battle type stuff, but I think the recent films have all had extraordinary effects and some great space showdowns.
Old 12.16.2016, 12:42 PM   #20236
noisereductions
invito al cielo

spot on Sev.

I *might* put Force Awakens at #2 though as well. Like... I don't want to cuz the original is so imporant, but...

Though I personally rank Revenge Of The Sith above Return Of The Jedi. IDGAF. Come at me bro and all that. I think Sith is a great movie. I think Jedi is half-great and half-not great.
Old 12.16.2016, 12:51 PM   #20237
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Also, Rob was it you who said something disparaging about the recent Star Trek films? 'Cause fuck that man! All three of them have kicked ass in my opinion. Especially the first two.

Hard to compare them directly to Star Wars. SW has always had more space battle type stuff, but I think the recent films have all had extraordinary effects and some great space showdowns.

I enjoyed parts of the Trek reboots. I am a huge Trek nerd from the way back, and my favorite part of Trek are the morality plays and the solving problems by thinking and intelligence FIRST.

The two reboot films are half that, and half overblown, un-interesting, massive CGI space "battles" where you cant tell what the fuck is happening and everything is a cliche. I HATED the whole riding a motorcycle with holographic projector bullshit.

Cumberbatch was boring as khan. he did not even come close to looking Sikh... ha!
Old 12.16.2016, 12:56 PM   #20238
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Star Wars (because it was a rebirth of the pulps and serials, which are fun as fuck)
Empire (because it had the most emotional plot)
Rogue One (honestly, it is a great show even if you did not know the OG flicks)
Force Awakens (Held my interest all the way through and restarted the FUN and the FORCE baby......)
Return of the Jedi (I do not have any beef with Jedi. I liked Ewoks.)

as far as the prequels go, I was bored shitless with all of them at some point in the films, and all had some amazing sequences that made me wish the acting/writing of dialogue was better. Haden Christensen SUCKED so fucking hard. Made Darth Vader look like a pussy soft lil biatch)
Old 12.16.2016, 12:56 PM   #20239
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

also, I hate CGI Yoda. I want rubber muppet YODA
Old 12.16.2016, 01:01 PM   #20240
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I also hate that the Trek films keep destroying the Enterprise. cheap ass gimmick trope cliche. Kirk would have burned half the galaxy rather than let their ship be destroyed so stupidly every time.
5129129621002100910101011 1012 101310141015102210621112 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth