Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.07.2019, 06:13 AM   #24141
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

Solomon Kane

This seems to have disappeared without a trace but for my money it's one of the best all-out action-adventure films of recent years. Kane is a Robert E. Howard character so it's in a similar ball park to Conan but relocated to 17th C England (which may account for its lacklustre box-office). Expect brutal violence (the tag-line is "Fight Evil, With Evil'), a minimal plot and a very high level of total bad-assery.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2019, 08:45 AM   #24142
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I never even heard of that one
Old 08.07.2019, 08:47 AM   #24143
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

Saw this last night, just because Danny McBride is in it. weird, horror black comedy, some funny stuff, some horror stuff. Not a great film but I can tell they did it for a friend.
Old 08.07.2019, 09:16 AM   #24144
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I never even heard of that one

It's a British film that got no coverage here, and I'm not sure if it even has US distribution, but it seems destined for cult status once word gets out. Well worth seeking out if you can find it.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2019, 09:56 AM   #24145
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
same here, first time i even hear of it
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2019, 10:17 AM   #24146
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I watched two Bud Spencer and Terence Hill movies, and will be watching two other ones shortly too (all were on TV recently)

this one can best be avoided, even though it does have a 7.2 ranking on IMDB. It's a bit too much outdated with stereotypical stuff like Italians (or whatever white people they were) with black curly wigs playing aboriginals, and a Japanese war veteran that still believes after 30+ years that the war hasn't ended

This one was very entertaining though, it has some funny spoofs on the spy / cop movies such as James Bond.

Fun fact: Bud Spencer (the big guy) was an Olympic swimmer and the first Italian to swim the 100-meter freestyle in less than a minute.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2019, 10:30 AM   #24147
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
hahahaha i remember those movies from the fog of deep childhood.

well, not the movies themselves but those 2 characters

trinity... something?

fog... i only remember the name. but yeah...
Old 08.08.2019, 10:11 PM   #24148
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

went to see the latest tarantino at the moobys

sure sure, great story no doubt, but the big thing for me was this seemed to be a bit of a technical masterpiece in the reconstruction of a whole period, not just “the period” itself but the media of said period through light. awesome color palettes and wow the movie seemed dark but the right kind of dark at night.

some themes will appear familiar to tarantino fans but this one has quite the twist and it’s not stereotypical tarantino at all. or at least it seemed so to me.

i liked this movie a lot but not at all the way i liked pulp fiction. this was something else. can i applaud at the movies? sure, fuck, why not. applause.
Old 08.09.2019, 07:16 AM   #24149
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
went to see the latest tarantino at the moobys

sure sure, great story no doubt, but the big thing for me was this seemed to be a bit of a technical masterpiece in the reconstruction of a whole period, not just “the period” itself but the media of said period through light. awesome color palettes and wow the movie seemed dark but the right kind of dark at night.

some themes will appear familiar to tarantino fans but this one has quite the twist and it’s not stereotypical tarantino at all. or at least it seemed so to me.

i liked this movie a lot but not at all the way i liked pulp fiction. this was something else. can i applaud at the movies? sure, fuck, why not. applause.

Cool. Looking forward to it.

Not going to the moobys for it though. Waiting to cop on Amazon or whatever
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2019, 07:46 AM   #24150
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Cool. Looking forward to it.

Not going to the moobys for it though. Waiting to cop on Amazon or whatever
maybe confirmation bias on my part but worth the matinée price for the cinematography alone, if you can squeeze the time for it. the warm yellows and golds look amazing, and there’s a whole... it looks really fucking great. and stay for the end credits... yeah.

then again a well calibrated 4k teevee or even an old school plasma might also do justice. but the colors...

and also, hmm, a 40-foot tall margot robbie...

Old 08.09.2019, 11:27 AM   #24151
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
I'll admit I'm looking forward to seeing that more than I should. Maybe I'm just sick and tired of feeling like that the latest big moves coming out are all superhero related. I know they aren't but I damn well feels like it. Also, there are only a few big directors who when they release a new film and it's a deal in of itself. Taratino is there along with a couple of others.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2019, 03:21 PM   #24152
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
I watched Pawn Sacrifice on SBS World Movies last night and I was hooked on it.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2019, 06:10 AM   #24153
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
I'll admit I'm looking forward to seeing that more than I should. Maybe I'm just sick and tired of feeling like that the latest big moves coming out are all superhero related. I know they aren't but I damn well feels like it. Also, there are only a few big directors who when they release a new film and it's a deal in of itself. Taratino is there along with a couple of others.
why, no, precisely, yes. superhero bullcaca. nothing for adults.

and some of the “indie” previews i saw that day were for super cheesy movies that look like a hallmark movie of the week. “based on a true story”, blah blah blah. i mean, most “films” have zero imagination these days.

tarantino can be hit or miss, and i’ve talked plenty shit about him over the years, but for me this was a big hit no doubt. from horror to comedy, it’s sometimes scary, often tense, and nearly always funny. but have you ever said of a tarantino movie... “sweet”? this might be a first lololol. at least parts of it are.

will have to rewatch to make a more objective critical assessment, but my first impression of this was very good. okay, maybe it was a bit long, so you definitely must piss before it starts, and eat some protein so you don’t get hungry, lol, but well worth attending church for this one. amen.
Old 08.10.2019, 09:18 AM   #24154
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
OK, but Endgame was fun as hell.
Old 08.10.2019, 09:19 AM   #24155
Severian
invito al cielo

I don’t like the “nothing for adults” argument. I like Tarantino as much as any of you, but it could be easily argued that he’s just an overgrown adolescent.
Old 08.10.2019, 09:23 AM   #24156
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I don’t like the “nothing for adults” argument. I like Tarantino as much as any of you, but it could be easily argued that he’s just an overgrown adolescent.

well, all artists have problems, but this is definitely not a children’s movie calibrated to reach maximum dumb global audience, like fucking aquaman

eta: aquaman was shot ready for amusement park rides
Old 08.10.2019, 10:16 AM   #24157
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
anyone seen this yet? Not playing in my town, but it's supposed to be on NTFX sometime

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7574126/
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2019, 10:24 AM   #24158
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses

Fantastic. Jordan Peele took the revenue from "Get Out" and put it to great use. This movie looks and sounds great. It's a pleasure to see a contemporary horror movie that doesn't look completely drab and desaturated or solely tinged with blue hues. This one's got some refreshing warm tones going on and they don't seem tacked on. And I love the atmosphere. Stellar performance by Lupita. Peele really is the emerging master of horror of this generation. Already really dug his comedy bits with Keegan Michael Key, but damn does he shine as a horror director.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2019, 10:33 AM   #24159
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon

Fantastic. Jordan Peele took the revenue from "Get Out" and put it to great use. This movie looks and sounds great. It's a pleasure to see a contemporary horror movie that doesn't look completely drab and desaturated or solely tinged with blue hues. This one's got some refreshing warm tones going on and they don't seem tacked on. And I love the atmosphere. Stellar performance by Lupita. Peele really is the emerging master of horror of this generation. Already really dug his comedy bits with Keegan Michael Key, but damn does he shine as a horror director.
good observations on contemporary horror’s visual tropes haahaaahaa

and i totally missed this when it came out. regretting it now...
Old 08.11.2019, 07:39 PM   #24160
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
well, all artists have problems, but this is definitely not a children’s movie calibrated to reach maximum dumb global audience, like fucking aquaman

eta: aquaman was shot ready for amusement park rides

Yeah aquaman was shit, that doesn’t mean Endgame isn’t good.

Hater
708110811581198120512061207 1208 12091210121112181258 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth