Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Jesus Christ
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.14.2006, 12:34 AM   #21
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
Supposebly Jesus was a jew, but that is my belief.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 12:49 AM   #22
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, he was obviously a Jew...but you are saying that the Jews of today are inferior?

That dragon ain't the love sweet love.
Daycare Nation is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 12:51 AM   #23
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
To Jesus? I would say yes. And I'm a Jew.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 12:52 AM   #24
Daddylikes
the end of the ugly

Daddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's asses
Obviously all are inferior to the Son of God.

Fuck yeah, Jesus is a righteous dude. Satan is boring.
Daddylikes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 12:55 AM   #25
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycare Nation
Yes, he was obviously a Jew...but you are saying that the Jews of today are inferior?

No I'm not saying any of the sort.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 12:55 AM   #26
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
So, if Jews are all inferior to Jesus, would it follow that Christians are superior to Jews?

Old 08.14.2006, 12:56 AM   #27
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by static-harmony
No I'm not saying any of the sort.

You're just saying you don't like the sort of jews they make these days.

Old 08.14.2006, 12:57 AM   #28
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
When I lived in Marietta briefly in the late '80s there was this gaggle of girls in the apartment complex that used to call me "Jesus" for the same reasons.

Jesus is the greatest philosopher of all time except for maybe Socrates, Lao Tzu or Siddhartha Gautama Buddha.

I love philosophy because I love the Truth, so it naturally follows that, yes, I love Jesus. By the same "Truth token" I love Einstein, Kierkegaard, and Dostoyevsky.

P.S. Glice has "problems with my ideology."
A little bit of gossip about Glice: he stole "meh" from !@#$%! & exhibits quite the penchant for overusing it. Similarly, a few have also copped !@#$%!'s "Muahahaha" due to a similar lack of originality. However, I have observed that I am the person on this board that people borrow vocabulary from the most of all. Of course, Glice will deny this vociferously & do his best to try & make me look like a freakish fool, but deep down he will, no doubt, be preturbed that I somehow know this information.
porkmarras maintains that he "is not impressed," & that he personally "knows people a hundred times more intelligent" than me.
Now, a person with an I.Q. of 14,000 + (which is, of course, not even possible) would be quite the sage; they would indeed unseat Einstein with no difficulty. Billy Name (one of the people I can guess that he may be referring to) locked himself in a room in The Factory for about a year as he studied, of all things, astrology, which makes me roar with laughter, actually; benzedrine is a really dirty drug that makes one quite deluded after a time which is a reason it's not around anymore at all.
Those that do not follow the board soap opera will wonder what in the fuck has possessed me. As any intelligent reader that follows the board soap opera can infer, not much gets past me.
It's both a blessing and a curse.
Per "the curse," please realize that I cannot help but be myself.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 01:00 AM   #29
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
It would just follow that Christians as well as Jews are inferior to Jesus. It's frickin Jesus.
Old 08.14.2006, 02:08 AM   #30
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I used to when I was a kid.....the "teachings/beliefs" fucking rule though. It's great universal shit that all the "Christians" (not all suck, I know) should really think about following.
Old 08.14.2006, 03:00 AM   #31
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Regardless, he loves you.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 03:01 AM   #32
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
I think !@#$%! stole "meh" from Jesus. Who, I suspect, in some freakish manipulation of time, stole it from the Brits, who in my experience tend to be the more frequent users of said expression.

Jesus was about HUMILITY.

*Edit: Another lesson from Jesus - people who are secure in their own identities and abilities are the ones least compelled to publicly defend themselves and advertise said abilities. Those who need to prove such things to themselves engage in that kind of behavior.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 03:08 AM   #33
Daddylikes
the end of the ugly

Daddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's asses
Jesus wasn't exactly the most humble of cats.

Of course, his ending was humble...but everything leading up to the end was pretty damn opposite of humble.

And jesus was all about publicly defending himself and advertising his abilities.

I don't know who you are round aboutly trying to teach a lesson, but I think you have misinterpreted his story.
Daddylikes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 03:14 AM   #34
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Armageddon Days Are Here

They're 5 miles high as the crow flies
Leavin' vapour trails against a blood red sky
Movin' in from the east toward the west
With balaclava helmets over their heads, yes!

But if you think that jesus christ is coming
Honey you've got another thing coming
If he ever finds out who's hi-jacked his name
He'll cut out his heart and turn in his grave

Islam is rising
The christians mobilising
The world is on it's elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

It's war, she cried, it's war, she cried, this is war
Drop your possessions, all you simple folk
You will fight them on the beaches in your underclothes
You will thank the good lord for raising the union jack
You'll watch the ships out of harbour
And the bodies come floating back

If the real jesus christ were to stand up today
He'd be gunned down by the c.i.a.

Oh, the lights that now burn brightest behind stained glass
Will cast the darkest shadows upon the human heart
But God didn't build himself that throne
God doesn't live in israel or rome
God belong to the yankee dollar
God doesn't plant the bombs for hezbollah
God doesn't even go to church
And God won't send us down to allah to burn
No, God will remind us what we already know
That the human race is about to reap what it's sown

The world is on it's elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds
Armageddon days are here again

The The - Mind Bomb
Old 08.14.2006, 03:17 AM   #35
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
I watched Saw 2 last night and it freaked me out.Not as good as the first one but very good nonetheless.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 03:48 AM   #36
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

I was unaware that "Muahahaha" had an origin beyond being the obvious onomonopeai of the age-old evil laugh. However, I'm certain that I was the originator of "okay," so I'd appreciate if its use were limited. Or at least given credit where due; a footnoted asterisk or something.

I liked Saw 1 and 2 alright, but I was extremely impressed when I found out that they had been made in something like 8 days and 25 days respectively.
Old 08.14.2006, 03:53 AM   #37
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
These "borrowings" may be unconscious to some degree, but I wouldn't have written what I wrote and have gone out on a limb like that without some conviction that they most likely are not unconscious. It doesn't make the "borrowers" less of a person really because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but it does make them slightly less original than they may seem to the casual reader.

Far too many, it seems, have their petty axe to grind, like truncated's or acousticrock87's last post in which they transparently attempt to exact revenge on me for some previous post I made about them that was too filled with truth for their liking and comfort level. My last post was not about revenge, it was about clarification. After all, revenge is borne out of deceit & subterfuge, something that I try to stay clear from, unlike what I see from the people that mount offensives against me because the truth I have written at some point made them uncomfortable.

I've never seen any of the "Saw" movies but I can still unequivocally state that they are trash of the highest order & that I will never view them. To be perfectly honest, I look down my nose at those that enjoy those types of movies. Please bear in mind, if you will, that Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho" is my third favorite film.
Old 08.14.2006, 04:17 AM   #38
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

Not revenge. As far as I'm consciously aware, I don't hold grudges against people on here. If anyone has bothered me, their next post is a fresh start - unless it's constant, which is rarely the case. I just address stuff that catches my attention. Nothing personal.

I've just heard people accused of stealing various terms and been accused of it myself, and it usually doesn't mean anything. Obviously it must have been borrowed from somewhere, but it is not [necessarily] an attempt at being original. It could just simply be, "Oh that works - I'll use it" and nothing more. I very readily admit that most (if not all) of my terms and phrases are not my own. But that doesn't follow that there was any personal reason behind using them.

But why look down on someone for their taste in film? Nil praeter nasum Tongilianus habet. It's all art. I like what I like, and for no other reason.
Old 08.14.2006, 04:20 AM   #39
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddylikes
Jesus wasn't exactly the most humble of cats.

Of course, his ending was humble...but everything leading up to the end was pretty damn opposite of humble.

And jesus was all about publicly defending himself and advertising his abilities.

I don't know who you are round aboutly trying to teach a lesson, but I think you have misinterpreted his story.
I could be wrong. Christianity & Judaism aren't my forte. I suppose I'm referring more to Catholic doctrine of recommended behavior than actual historical events.

Regardless -

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
Far too many, it seems, have their petty axe to grind, like truncated's or acousticrock87's last post in which they transparently attempt to exact revenge on me for some previous post I made about them that was too filled with truth for their liking and comfort level. My last post was not about revenge, it was about clarification. After all, revenge is borne out of deceit & subterfuge, something that I try to stay clear from, unlike what I see from the people that like to mount offensives against me.

Ha! Always good to start your morning out with a laugh from a delusional, self-important prick.

You silly, silly man. You should realize, you could never accuse me of anything worse than what I already accuse myself of. No revelations here, peaches.

People 'mount offensives' (if you could call behavioral observations that) against you not because they want to BE you, because they emulate your every move, because they inhale every pedantic breath you breathe, because they writhe in jealousy over your superior intellect, because they wish they had your killer bud, dude -

It's because they don't like you, and you're a delusional, self-important prick.

I didn't care for Saw I. I go for supernatural horror flicks. I'm cheap like that.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 04:29 AM   #40
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Once again, I've made you uncomfortable for calling it like it is & so you lash out because I won't acquiesce to you & kiss your ass.

At first I thought you, truncated, were too good to be true. Alas, first impressions are usually correct. Then I esteemed you as a godsend to this board, but you've demonstrated to me over time that you are a very typical person. I love sex, but I'm not your typical male that thinks about it every few seconds.

chabib, it seems, never liked you at all. Perhaps he knows something (& it seems entirely likely really & explains a lot) about your identity that all of us do not.

...& the saga haha continues...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth