Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page kim gordon video interview to intro.de, pb August 11th 2007
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.12.2007, 06:05 PM   #1
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic Youth
Exklusiv: Kim Gordon im Interview!

'Daydream Nation' live. Ein ganzes Album, einen ganzen Abend lang, as it was meant to be. Passend zum aufgepumpten und -gepimpten Re-Release des Klassikers von 1988 brachten Sonic Youth das Album in seiner Gesamtheit auf die Bühne. Mick Schulz war dabei, traf Kim Gordon zum Interview und sprach mit ihr - natürlich - über olle Kamellen im neuen Gewand und den Deal mit diesem komischen Kaffeeriesen...

Sonic Youth exclusively: Gordon in the interview germinated! 'Daydream nation' live. An entire album, one very evening long, ace it what to be meant. Suitably to the pumped up and -gepimpten re-Release of the classic of 1988 Sonic Youth brought the album in its entirety on the stage. Mick Schulz was there, encountered germinated Gordon to the interview and spoke with its - naturally - over olle Kamellen in the new robe and the deal with this strange coffee giant...

go here to watch the videos

Q:

Ist die Idee, Daydream Nation wieder zu veröffentlichen aus der Don’t Look Back Konzertreihe vom ATP entstanden?
Is the idea served developed from to publish Daydream nation again that' t Look cheek concert row of the ATP?

Macht es eigentlich Spaß, ein so altes Album wieder zu spielen?
Play power it actually joke to a so old album again?

Mir ist aufgefallen, dass auf der Live-CD, die Teil der Wiederveröffentlichung ist, die Songs alle schneller gespielt wurden. Warum?
Is been noticeable me, that on the live-CD, that is part of the republication, that songs were played all faster. Why?

Es hieß mal, ihr könnt einige alte Stücke nicht mehr spielen, ohne die alten Instrumente. Gilt das auch für ein Stück von Daydream Nation?
It was named once, you can play some old pieces no longer, without the old instruments. Does that apply also to a piece of Daydream nation?

Wie ist es zu dieser Starbucks-Geschichte gekommen?
How did it come to this star cheek-story?

Aber in eurem Forum wird Sellout gebrüllt.
But in your forum, Sellout is roared.

Ihr seid nicht mehr auf Universal, oder? Was kommt nun?
Are you no longer on universal, or? What comes now?

Seid ihr nach NYC Ghosts & Flowers einfach müde geworden, diesen experimentellen Sound zu machen?
Are you after NYC Ghosts & Flowers simply tired become to make this experimental Sound?

Ihr seid ja einige der wenigen Helden-Bands, die sich nie aufgelöst haben. Wie fühlt es sich an, so lange konstant geblieben zu sein?
You are yes some of the few hero-volume that never broke up. How does it feel itself to have remained so long constant?

Aber eure Songs klingen nicht unbedingt nach unbewusstem, unbekümmertem Drauf Los, sondern eher reflektiert.
But your song do not sound reflects unconditionally after unconscious, careless thereon lot, but rather sooner.

Ich glaube Dir nicht, dass Du nie darüber nachdenkst, was Leute hören wollen.
I do not believe you that you never think about about that, what people want to hear.

http://www.intro.de/audiovideo/sehen/23042936
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2007, 06:07 PM   #2
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
crossed with this one minutes ago. here you have it.
lovely translation as usual.
Old 08.13.2007, 03:28 PM   #3
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
is it me or does Kim kind of put the forum down?
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 03:35 PM   #4
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
"You know, those people are like, fourteen.. and don't have anything else to do".

I can see what you mean, neptune. The only person who really outright called them a sellout was a everyneurotic, and he was joking.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 03:38 PM   #5
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
and yet some folks thought he was serious, thus elevating his posts to
even greater hilarity for those who were in on the joke.
Old 08.13.2007, 03:38 PM   #6
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
heh yeah nice translation and
where are kim's answers to those questions?
or does it matter because that whole damn thing is rather incomprehensible!
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 03:40 PM   #7
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, who knows if she's even read the forum. i love Kim, but from a distance... she can be kind of cold sometimes
Old 08.13.2007, 03:47 PM   #8
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
and yet some folks thought he was serious, thus elevating his posts to
even greater hilarity for those who were in on the joke.

I should find it funny, but him having been taken seriously sorta tarnished our forum's image to the band, or a band member..

I suppose that's the journo's fault though.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 04:48 PM   #9
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
heh yeah nice translation and
where are kim's answers to those questions?
or does it matter because that whole damn thing is rather incomprehensible!

aaa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jico.

go there and click on the german blablabla below the video player.
Old 08.13.2007, 10:57 PM   #10
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
"You know, those people are like, fourteen.. and don't have anything else to do".
Made me laugh.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2007, 07:55 AM   #11
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
In all honesty, I can understand the "coldness" you talk about. And I really see her point in that. I was out of the park after PITCHFORK and the whole band minus Lee was out there. I chatted for a bit with Steve, then he signed my HOLD THAT TIGER booklet. Then came Kim... and she was already talking to somebody else. A few guys started gathering, and I was upfront.
She was talking to this guy and she noticed us fans right there, ready to... ask for stuff. You know? The ordinary picture, the signature... whatever.
So - becuz I couldn't resist it - I just handed her the booklet and the pen, and I was like... "hey there... really sorry to bother you... just wondering, could you please sign this?".

She did so. And I do understand the pain in the ass it's got to be to face these unknown persons coming to your face asking shit and mostly wanting a piece of you.

We all have different reactions and that's what her alleged "coldness" could be about. In the end tho - she signed to me, and was very kind in doing so.

After all, it ain't that super cold.
A funny story? My bassplayer opened up for SY with his ex band. When he sa Kim in the distance... he freaked out. Simple as that. So he started screaming, "HEEY KIIIIIM! I LOVE YOU KIIIIIIM!".

She turned the other way around and walked away, steadily.
So bear that story in mind when you want to approach K. G. for a question - you don't wanna unsettle her!
Old 08.14.2007, 07:58 AM   #12
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
("and I am kinda susceptible so I just put blinders on"...)
Old 08.14.2007, 08:06 AM   #13
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
She is an artist, she does not need emotions.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2007, 03:27 PM   #14
neptuneg
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by max
In all honesty, I can understand the "coldness" you talk about. And I really see her point in that. I was out of the park after PITCHFORK and the whole band minus Lee was out there. I chatted for a bit with Steve, then he signed my HOLD THAT TIGER booklet. Then came Kim... and she was already talking to somebody else. A few guys started gathering, and I was upfront.
She was talking to this guy and she noticed us fans right there, ready to... ask for stuff. You know? The ordinary picture, the signature... whatever.
So - becuz I couldn't resist it - I just handed her the booklet and the pen, and I was like... "hey there... really sorry to bother you... just wondering, could you please sign this?".

She did so. And I do understand the pain in the ass it's got to be to face these unknown persons coming to your face asking shit and mostly wanting a piece of you.

We all have different reactions and that's what her alleged "coldness" could be about. In the end tho - she signed to me, and was very kind in doing so.

After all, it ain't that super cold.
A funny story? My bassplayer opened up for SY with his ex band. When he sa Kim in the distance... he freaked out. Simple as that. So he started screaming, "HEEY KIIIIIM! I LOVE YOU KIIIIIIM!".

She turned the other way around and walked away, steadily.
So bear that story in mind when you want to approach K. G. for a question - you don't wanna unsettle her!

I went up to her at her art opening in the city in early April, and she was there (obviously) so I was polite and introduced myself and just shook her hand and told her I was a fan of her work. She shook my hand but just said "Oh really, well I think I need to go now" or something. I guess I can't really blame her especially if that's just who she is, but I just hope she appreciates that people out there do enjoy her music/art
Old 08.17.2007, 07:45 PM   #15
max
expwy. to yr skull

Yeah, I mean - more than 20 years in the battlefield can turn you into a bit of a cynical person. I don't really know if it's Kim's case but she most definitely is on the defensive.

I guess all you guys remember the fucking bottle thrown at her in the end of that SONIC YOUTH dvd video documentary. C'mon - you know those things are simply nasty and it's quite easy to simply prefer not to have to deal with potential nutcases each time...
Old 08.18.2007, 02:36 AM   #16
l'voyeur
bad moon rising

l'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's asses
I think every artist have the right of have their own reaction in front of a fan.Is a matter of personal character.I read worst histories about other artists that the people believe they are super cool in person,and no...well,at least Kim appear be honest in that sense,imho.

P.S: please,someone knows how extract the video in that link ? I dunno how extract that in a flv...
l'voyeur is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth