Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Do you have a band?????
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.29.2006, 01:49 PM   #181
contort:myself
little trouble girl

contort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebu
My Space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your So Evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eh, I wouldn't call it evil. It's good for us too lazy/ too broke to manage an actual band website type folk.

http://75orlessrecords.com
our record label
buy our latest album
so that they can pay us
contort:myself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2006, 01:59 AM   #182
Minister of Crunk
empty page

Minister of Crunk is a jewel in the roughMinister of Crunk is a jewel in the roughMinister of Crunk is a jewel in the roughMinister of Crunk is a jewel in the rough
I've got me a crunktastical band.
We playin' all tha hits.
Make ladies dance til the rump fall off.
Bass so sweet and funky it'll rot yo' gums and stink yo' toes.
Crunktastic to the mastic!

Ummm, we is currently workin' on our mysizzlespace piz-age.
The link will go down when the ten nines tippa caw.
Right on, keep crunkin' babies!
Minister of Crunk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2006, 12:06 AM   #183
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
yay.

name: max
band's name: recs of the flesh
instrument of choice: vocals + guitars
band website: www.myspace.com/recordingsoftheflesh - www.recsoftheflesh.tk
song online: praise for paramnesia
Old 07.05.2006, 01:07 AM   #184
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
saturnine, do you have any recordings?
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2006, 02:18 AM   #185
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
Wow max, that song is so well recorded.

umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2006, 11:19 AM   #186
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
damn, unjammer, are you serious??? jeeeeeeeez. that's totally KIND of you, man.
Old 07.06.2006, 01:11 AM   #187
skiesfalling
little trouble girl

skiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by contort:myself
eh, I wouldn't call it evil. It's good for us too lazy/ too broke to manage an actual band website type folk.

I even have a website, but I concur with you about myspace because it gets a lot of traffic! If you want to get anywhere you better be a phenom (which I'm not) or bust your ass networking (which I do) (and which is where myspace helps).....just keepin my fingers crossed!!! 2nd long commited band so far (+3 years each) and it takes a LOT of bustin ass, faith, sacrifice, hope, some money....and I ain't even seen the half of it yet...........ok tirade over.......
skiesfalling is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2006, 01:22 AM   #188
skiesfalling
little trouble girl

skiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
thanks for listening!!!

Fuck Yeah !!!! cool stuff!
skiesfalling is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2006, 06:06 PM   #189
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
I play drums for a band called Slammin' B-O-D. We barely exist, or shall I say, all of us are still friends and talk about playing again, but we haven't practiced in months. The sound is retarded, neg-vibe knuckledragging scumrock soaked in sarcasm. Influences are No Trend, Bunny Brains, Flipper, Skarekrau Radio, and Stick Men With Rayguns.

Shortly after we played our first show with Hustler White, Mikaela's Fiend, and Pussygutt, we caught a listen of Pissed Jeans and realized that that's the sound we were really going for. So, if we ever play again, I think we're gonna dumb it down even more.

I'm also in a rotating-door kinda improv thing called Outer Zoning Committee which plays live in support of touring bands when no other local band is available. We just sorta "convene" the Committee in emergency session and aim to compliment the style of the band we're supporting. We can do the moan-wave vocal thing over a sorta free-jazz circle masturbation, and I do the drums in that, too.

I got tapped to drum for Gang Wizard four times, and I've played bass for them twice. That was the most fun I've had playing with a band, and I hope to be asked to conspire with them more someday.
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2006, 07:45 PM   #190
o9mmfailur
empty page

o9mmfailur has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
hey,
I havent ever posted before but I check out the board often. I'm sure it is probably in poor taste for my first post to be whoring my own band but nonetheless:
My name: Nick
Band name: Nash Lane (www.myspace.com/nashlane www.nashlane.com) - based just outside of Boston
Instruments I play: Bass, Guitar, and misc. instruments here-and-there (theremin, cassette player, circuit-bent toy keyboard, xylophone etc)
Type of music / info: Experimental/Psychedelic rock / Space Rock. We have a long list of influences (generic, limited list; beatles, radiohead, SY, my bloody valentine, failure, flaming lips, barkmarket) but we don't try to sound like any of them; we have stuff that is noisy, spacey, 'grungy', shoegazy, poppy, hard-rock and so on. We have 3 songs up from our first album which came out last year and 1 demo from our upcoming album, which we are offically starting in a few weeks. I'd be glad to upload more songs if anyone is interested - feedback is much appreciated from such classy folks.
Love,
Nick
o9mmfailur is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 03:07 AM   #191
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
I have two bands. One Is titled The Funeral Party and I play everything except drums. It's more of a studio band at the moment. The Funeral Party Is a hybrid between Gothic days of the Cure and some elements of Nick Cave in there. The second is titled Candidate. That band is more focused on making sonic love with alt. tunings instead of finding funereal riffs on the old bloody organ. I only play guitar in Candidate.

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 04:00 AM   #192
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by umjammer atomsk
Wow max, that song is so well recorded.
HAHA I said the same thing about his recordings. Remember Max?

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 04:32 AM   #193
Style
stalker

Style kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's asses
I have a musical project that I'm putting together in my home studio. I just got finished writing all the songs to my first ep, now I'm in the recording phase.

It's a noise pop/noise rock electronica influenced hybrid.

I'm going to have 1 guitar running through a lot of delay effects, distortion, etc. (Think My Bloody Valentine, Lush guitar sound)

I'm going to play an arp odyssey synth as my lead. The bass is going to be a tb-303. The drum sounds are going to be various old school drum machines (tb-808, tb-909, etc.)

The vocals are going to be mixed in the style of Shoegaze, so that you can barely hear it over the music.

That's basically the type of sound, I'm going for.
Style is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 10:43 AM   #194
max
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOUT
HAHA I said the same thing about his recordings. Remember Max?

damn, I do remember. and still I find it hard to accept! but thanx a lot, it is very appreciated!!! yesterday i was doing sound engineering live and a bunch of people all came down to once again tell me how good my sounds were.

kinda freaky, becuz to me is just average sounding, but...
Old 07.09.2006, 10:05 PM   #195
little trouble girl

contort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by o9mmfailur
hey,
I havent ever posted before but I check out the board often. I'm sure it is probably in poor taste for my first post to be whoring my own band but nonetheless:
My name: Nick
Band name: Nash Lane (www.myspace.com/nashlane www.nashlane.com) - based just outside of Boston

hey o9mm i noticed you have a show at P.A.'s Lounge in Sommerville coming up, how did you go about booking that? we've sent a couple emails to their booking email address in the past couple months asking about playing there but haven't gotten a response back.

our record label
buy our latest album
so that they can pay us
Old 07.09.2006, 11:52 PM   #196
o9mmfailur
empty page

o9mmfailur has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I also just emailed the same address as on the site. I forget how long it took them to get back to me prior to the first show we did there (last november) but this time around they got back to me very quickly so, sadly, I have no advice aside from keep pestering the hell out of them.
That being said, I checked out the stuff on myspace and it sounds really cool; I'd definitley like to set up a show somewhere sometime if that interests you.
Nick
o9mmfailur is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2006, 02:34 PM   #197
little trouble girl

Yeah, that's what I figured. I wish booking agencies didn't all use email, it makes it so hard to get any response out of them. We tried there and Great Scotts and got nothing, but we ended up boooking a show at the Midway in JP, so at least we finally got a boston gig.

But yeah if you want to set something up, we'd be down. And we'd try and hit you guys back with a show at some point. Our guitarist books shows on occasion but i'm not sure when he's doing another one. If he does I'll try and get you guys on the bill.

our record label
buy our latest album
so that they can pay us
Old 07.11.2006, 09:10 AM   #198
ylt
empty page

ylt is a jewel in the roughylt is a jewel in the roughylt is a jewel in the roughylt is a jewel in the rough
1: none
2: guitar/mumbling
3: 30 sec of riffs - Chavez/Guided by voices-kind
ylt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 02:39 PM   #199
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
i record some 4 track stuff in my basement

http://www.myspace.com/modernalgebra
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 04:33 PM   #200
joseghast
empty page

joseghast has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
My band: volontè

genre: free improvisation

podcast: volonte.podomatic.com

we are four people in the band, three of them play in another band wich is influenced by sonic youth. their sound is more "rock-oriented", although sometimes it doesn't sounds like rock at all.

name: devalo

genre: rock / noise / industrial (judge yourself)

url: www.myspace.com/devalo
joseghast is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
60 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth