Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page oh fuck, rbg is dead
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.27.2020, 09:05 AM   #21
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Robert, are your concerns about future decisions for decades to come or her ability to be confirmed before the election?

For those who missed it, Joe Biden was on record in 2016 DEMANDING that the Senate vote on a presidential nomination to the Supreme Court, even in an election year!

“The Constitution clearly states that the President ‘shall’ -not may- ‘shall’ nominate someone to the Supreme Court when there’s a vacancy. That includes the Senate consulting...but voting.

For 17 years I was the chairman or ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which oversees nominations to the Supreme Court. And every nominee, including Justice Kennedy, in an election year, got an up or down vote by the Senate.

Not much of the time

Not most of the time

EVERY

SINGLE

TIME

And deciding in advance before naming a nominee that their gonna turn their backs, that’s not an option that the Constitution leaves open.

For the sake of the country we all love, we all have to do our job, including the US Senate.”
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2020, 09:43 AM   #22
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Christ we just have a few straight-up Trump supporters on this site now.
The fuck.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2020, 10:53 AM   #23
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
I have no concern whatsoever as to her ability to be confirmed prior to the election. She will be confirmed, and, then, the American people will re-elect the President.

Not only do I anticipate re-election, I see him outright winning:

Michigan
Minnesota (someone will need to check on Savage Clone)
Pennsylvania
Wisconsin

Picking up two Senate seats and possibly having a new Speaker : )

Sadly, the demonstrating and rioting will continue until Election Day, escalate like nothing we’ve ever seen in the days/weeks/months following the outcome we foresee......but what a grand and glorious day that will be!
Old 09.27.2020, 11:12 AM   #24
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
The fuck.
how ridiculous are they though? i say 10/10
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2020, 12:35 PM   #25
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
The fuck.

Yeah dude...pretty nuts if you ask me. But I mean...like...I dunno....something something be open minded? But yeah....like....I can see some shallow PJ fans being Trump supporters, but seeing some hardcore Pearl Jam fans surprised to see how they're against Trump is also funny to see....like bruh....Eddie is crazily against guns...how did you not know that?
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2020, 02:33 PM   #26
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Lindsey Graham Announces That Confirmation Hearings for Amy Coney Barrett Are Set to Begin October 12
Old 09.27.2020, 04:17 PM   #27
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
The truth is, I support Biden's 2016 position now, just as I supported it four years ago. The Republicans are the hypocrites on this one, not the Democrats. The Republicans set a VERY poor precedent four years ago.

What do you know?

As mentioned earlier - to delay a nomination for almost an entire year, then try to rush through one in six weeks is blatantly absurd, and surely even Bytor can notice the inconsistency.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2020, 04:20 PM   #28
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
say what? political inconsistency regardless of party? I never would have guessed
Old 09.27.2020, 04:43 PM   #29
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Yeah dude...pretty nuts if you ask me. But I mean...like...I dunno....something something be open minded?
you can be open minded with someone who has a legitimate argument, not with a faithful sycophant who will twist themselves into a pretzel to justify anything and everything their master orders up.

me at this point i’ve started to take the simplified categorical position of FUCK’EM because shit has crossed the line long long long ago. so the time for discussion is long over ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and to pretend otherwise is, frankly, bullshit. sort of like having a civilized conversation with your attempted murderer while he attempts to murder you.

so... nah. fuck’em.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2020, 05:17 PM   #30
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
On the Democrats' so-called "political inconsistency": this is just their completely justified open attempt at "Oh yeah? Fuck YOU now, McConnell!" payback. The BIG difference is they don't control the Senate. Which is why we're all fucked. (Actually, even if they did control the Senate we'd still be fucked because of this. So now not only do we need a Democratic tsunami, which is hard enough, but we need it on election night. Fuck, fuck, and fuck.)

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2020, 11:21 AM   #31
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you can be open minded with someone who has a legitimate argument, not with a faithful sycophant who will twist themselves into a pretzel to justify anything and everything their master orders up.

me at this point i’ve started to take the simplified categorical position of FUCK’EM because shit has crossed the line long long long ago. so the time for discussion is long over ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and to pretend otherwise is, frankly, bullshit. sort of like having a civilized conversation with your attempted murderer while he attempts to murder you.

so... nah. fuck’em.

Yeah, there’s zero benefit to being open minded to people who are supportive of this president. I’m not going to “Two Sides” that shit. There’s being against hateful, criminal behavior, and not being against it, and those who aren’t against it might as well be flat-earthers for all the time or consideration I’m going to give their fucked views.

Maybe that means I’m closed minded for not being open minded to closed-minded people, but I don’t care
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth