Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Thurston Curating ATP Nightmare Before Christmas
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.10.2006, 07:58 PM   #61
adjectives-ex
bad moon rising

adjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's asses
going.

i'm going if it kills me.
adjectives-ex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2006, 08:56 PM   #62
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

fuck louisville. Except slint and jason lowenstien... and me.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 12:12 AM   #63
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah
May I ask how much a ticket costs?

I'm rather close but if the tickets cost alot then no one would go with me. And I have a feeling no one will be going with me.

£115 for room only (and full 3-day festival pass), £135 for self-catering chalet.

But there are no one-bed chalets, it's 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 person accomadation only. So the minimum you have to pay (2 person) is actually £230 (plus quite a large booking fee).

And I'm afraid the 2-person chalets (twin AND double) are now sold out.

The next one up (a 3 berth chalet) is £345 (plus the aforemntioned incredible booking fee).
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 02:16 AM   #64
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
It seems that the 2 bed ones aren't totally sold out. You can also get tickets from Wegottickets, not just see tickets. If you click the 'buy tickets' link on the main atp page before going to the Nightmare Before Christmas section it gives you the option of 2 different ticket vendors.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 05:07 AM   #65
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
you see that's what i don't......how much is a ticket just for a one day (day when sy is playing) without accomodation? what's nearest airport and how far is it? what about the transport, is it easy to get to the place of happening?

+ december will be fucking freezing..
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 05:13 AM   #66
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
You can't buy a ticket for one day only. Just the 3 days of the festival.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 05:27 AM   #67
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
what's nearest airport and how far is it? what about the transport, is it easy to get to the place of happening?

Hi there Greenlight . How the devil are you?

The nearest airport to Minehead would probably be Bristol. There are two or three flights a day from Dublin to there with Ryanair, and then you can get from the airport to Minehead by National Express coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
+ december will be fucking freezing..

I can't help you with that one. You'll just have to wrap up warm!

sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 06:02 AM   #68
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
There's an Airport in Exeter, but I suspect that it probably doesn't cater for the states. I would check that out first, because the overwhelming amount of traffic will be coming from Bristol, and from Exeter it'll be far quicker. Or, if you're like me you can catch a short bus ride down to the frankly horrible town of Minehead... and the fun thing is, there's going to be loads of confused people wandering around asking, "Why the hell did they choose this shit-hole for a festival?" THERE IS NOTHING IN MINEHEAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 06:13 AM   #69
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
"Why the hell did they choose this shit-hole for a festival?" THERE IS NOTHING IN MINEHEAD.

But there WILL be. For one whole weekend!

Ever been to Camber Sands? Fuck all down there either. A Pontins and a cash point as far as I could tell. But it was a GREAT place for ATP.

(I do agree with you, though. They could've at least tried for the Butlins in Bognor Regis... )
Old 04.11.2006, 06:20 AM   #70
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Minehead used to have one 'nightclub' (owned by a friend of mine). It shut down recently. Which is to say that if you want to drink after the bands are finished, you'll have to stock up before the bands starts. It wouldn't surprise me, given the problems the nightclub had, if there are enormous curfew problems with the bands.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 04.11.2006, 06:21 AM   #71
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
I dunno about that, when I went it seemed ok. A tesco's here, a beach there. That's all you need men.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 06:39 AM   #72
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy
They could've at least tried for the Butlins in Bognor Regis...

Bognor???? But the place is a total shithole filled with the mentally deranged and more than just the occasional psycho.

Old 04.11.2006, 06:49 AM   #73
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Bognor???? But the place is a total shithole filled with the mentally deranged and more than just the occasional psycho.

That is strikingly like Minehead. We can all be thankful it's not Yeovil though.

Quote:
Old 04.11.2006, 06:53 AM   #74
Katy
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Minehead used to have one 'nightclub' (owned by a friend of mine). It shut down recently. Which is to say that if you want to drink after the bands are finished, you'll have to stock up before the bands starts. It wouldn't surprise me, given the problems the nightclub had, if there are enormous curfew problems with the bands.

I can't imagine they would hold ATP at a place where curfews would be a problem.

As for alcohol.. at ATP last year the pub on the site (Pontins in Camber Sands) stayed open practically all night. The live music in the venues finished at midnight, but the pub served alcohol and had DJs going til 5am... The only time there was "nothing" happening was between the hours of 5am and about midday. And during most of that "nothing" time there were still loud-music chalet-parties happening. And bonfires. And lots of people generally running around.

I myself spent a lot of time in the adventure playground in the pitch dark, climbing on the pirate ship and swinging on the swings.

If you wanted more alcohol than was available on site, you just popped into nearby Rye and went in the supermarket.

According to the ATP website, the NEW venue has a supermarket on-site and something like 7 bars/pubs... so..
Old 04.11.2006, 06:57 AM   #75
Katy
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl

(Sounds like I'd fit right in.. )

I went to the Butlins in Bognor once when I was a kid. I hear they've added a huge new £10milion hotel since then...
Old 04.11.2006, 10:07 AM   #76
naomi
little trouble girl

naomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's asses
I am going to this!!!!! I'm so excited
naomi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 10:11 AM   #77
naomi
little trouble girl

naomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
You UK board members always bitch about the states getting better shows & shit, but you guys get fucking festivals like this all the time.

I'm jealous.

All the good festivals happen in NY, LA and England. Oh well, it gives me an excuse to travel.
Old 04.11.2006, 10:53 AM   #78
sonicl
invito al cielo

I'm getting almost as excited about all the cool people from this board that I might meet as I am about the thought of seeing all the great bands!

Old 04.11.2006, 07:21 PM   #79
naomi
little trouble girl

my tickets have been ordered!!!! now I get to start counting down the months... arg
Old 04.11.2006, 07:37 PM   #80
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by naomi
my tickets have been ordered!!!! now I get to start counting down the months... arg

our chalet will be ripped quite ratherly

or something not an album title reference
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth