Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Share a sonic moment with the rest of us
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.19.2008, 03:57 PM   #21
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
the opening of "revolution" by spacemen 3 withing the playing with fire album.

i think i prefer the part close to the ending when it just breaks down and gets faster and louder.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2008, 04:27 PM   #22
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
Put a piece of Winterfresh Gum in your mouth WITH the foil still on.

Listen to Radiohead's "Myxomatosis", and start chewing.

It is mind altering.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2008, 06:44 PM   #23
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_buzzo
i think i prefer the part close to the ending when it just breaks down and gets faster and louder.

when you listen to that song on it's own, it has tons of great moments.

my point was listening to playing with fire as a whole.

--

also, when yamatsuka eye says "newsun" at the very beginning of vision creation newsun.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2008, 06:46 PM   #24
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
These are all some very very nice ones indeed!!!!!! Thanks guys! keep it up. I love checking the ones I have n ot heard out.

Does mine count, Rob? It is only the Stones, after all... .
Old 04.19.2008, 10:29 PM   #25
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
oh, everyneurotic, I just thought of the BEST one.

boredoms - super going.

when the "glitch" happens about 8 minutes into the song and it goes into a completely new part...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2008, 10:50 PM   #26
avantgarde1
the end of the ugly

avantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevOK
Put a piece of Winterfresh Gum in your mouth WITH the foil still on.

Listen to Radiohead's "Myxomatosis", and start chewing.

It is mind altering.

that's a really good way to fuck up yr teeth too!

avantgarde1 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2008, 11:00 PM   #27
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Einstuerzende Neubauten - Sand
The 4th verse starts, and instead of doing his whisper/rasping vocals, Blixa Bargeld starts singing properly.
"At night when stars light up the sky!"
As Blixa sings that, some glass is broken, and it sounds amazing.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2008, 02:36 AM   #28
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Gang Gang Dance - The Earthquake That Frees Prisioners

When the unreal synths appear at the beginning of the track
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2008, 04:27 AM   #29
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
"Hoist That Rag" by Tom Waits

Greatness begins at when the guitar properly kicks in with a lengthy solo. Excellent guitar work from Marc Ribot as usual, who seems to be able to make anything he plays sound horribly atonal and distantly foreign-sounding even though he's hitting perfectly good notes. Live, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0kacLLT248 I urge you to listen.
I was going to mention Tom Waits. When the fuzzy guitar enters "Goin' Out West" with the nice stand-up bass behind it. OW.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2008, 04:38 AM   #30
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
When the guitar riff comes in during Mr. Bungle's "To Carry Stress in the Jaw"
The melody in "When You Sleep" (Was stuck in my head for weeks)
Climax in "Fake Plastic Trees"
All of Sludgefeast
Screaming in Weezer's "Tired of Sex"
The drum breakdown in "Girl/Boy Song" by Aphex Twin
When the Amen Break comes in on the song "Drum 'n' Bass For Papa" by Plug
When Over the Neptune changes into Mesh Gear Fox in "Over the Neptune/Mesh Gear Fox" by Guided by Voices
Many moments on Sunny Day Real Estate's album Diary, but probably mostly on "Song About an Angel"
Old 04.20.2008, 10:26 AM   #31
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Does mine count, Rob? It is only the Stones, after all... .

hell fuck yeah it counts.

I found the 7" with picture sleeve of MISS YOU by the stones, a song I fucking love and it is in NM condition!!!! they look like total hoodlums on the sleeve
Old 04.20.2008, 11:14 AM   #32
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I have that too. Great song. I went crazy over Some Girls when it came out, including buying three copies because of the different color schemes on the cover. All with the movie star faces before they stopped printing that cover.

Used to have the long 'disco" version 12 inch of Miss You, but for some reason I gave it to somebody. I keep looking for that one in all the old record stores.
Old 04.20.2008, 12:33 PM   #33
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
oh, everyneurotic, I just thought of the BEST one.

boredoms - super going.

when the "glitch" happens about 8 minutes into the song and it goes into a completely new part...

that part is heaven made sound.

---

when the bassline starts on melt-banana's "shield for your eyes..."
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2008, 12:40 PM   #34
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Cancer Towers On Holy Road Hi-Way
Aphex Twin - Petiatil Cx Htdui

No need to explain...
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2008, 03:31 PM   #35
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Okay, this moment lasts about 7 seconds but its one of the most profoundly moving peices of music I've ever heard.

Total Trash 6:00 - 6:07 its the way that Thurston's (I assume it's thurston's) riff is slowly played over Lee's harrowing echoey hellish screech to introduce the reprise. Its such a happy little guitar sequence but played so slowly over Lee's distant screech it sounds so troubling and uncertain, this bit really gives me the fear like no other peice of music.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2008, 04:12 PM   #36
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
i likesss
Old 04.20.2008, 04:30 PM   #37
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Live versions of Brother James from the mid 80s, the moment that the cymbals kick in right before Kim starts singing. The guitar's stop strumming so much for a moment.
Old 04.20.2008, 05:26 PM   #38
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Live versions of Brother James from the mid 80s, the moment that the cymbals kick in right before Kim starts singing. The guitar's stop strumming so much for a moment.

Amen, live versions of Brother James are always SY at their feircest. The studio recording has nothing on these.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2008, 05:28 PM   #39
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
Amen, live versions of Brother James are always SY at their feircest. The studio recording has nothing on these.

Exactly. The speed increase on Brother James and Kill Yr Idols makes them so much better. It's like they're trying to play them as fast as possible sometimes.
Old 04.20.2008, 07:57 PM   #40
Pessimist
little trouble girl

Pessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's asses
That part in "Drunken Butterfly" (think it's after the 2nd chorus) where the guitars/drums make me feel like either

a. I'm being attacked by thousands of bees or
b. I'm in the middle of an angry, frozen Antarctica

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth