Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Pet Peeves
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.21.2006, 10:55 AM   #1
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
What are yours?

A few of mine.. just a few~
People who think it's acceptable to ignore all spelling and grammar rules and type like a 2 year old when they're online.
HOMOPHOBES (more of a hate than a pet peeve)
Stupid people/Ignorant people (though, aren't they in a sense, the same?)
Religion, everything about it.
Macho guys who work out all the time and think they're the shit [I love my scrawny pale boys who play guitar and drink Diet Coke all day]
Ditzy girls/girls who pretend they're a lot stupider than they really are just to get the attention of guys
Arrogance
When the teacher doesn't erase the chalkboard all the way [there's only a few dots that are missed.. GRR]
When people walk behind me ..I'm paranoid that they're going to ditch me or the like
When I'm sitting by the computer and the screensaver comes on.. must, wiggle, mouse..
People who make their life seem harder than it is
Trends/Conformity etc.

I think that's it for now.. I'm sure I'll think of more later~

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 11:07 AM   #2
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
1. PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT MUSIC
They go up to you and say you have a shitty music taste even though everything's subjective. They only think your music taste is good if it's similar to their own.

2. PEOPLE INSULTING SONIC YOUTH
It's definately subjective, but it really annoys me when people make fun of SY. They devoted their lives to music, and are a primary icon experimental rock. Lee and Thurston are in the Rolling stone top 50, Daydream got rated best album of the 80's by pitchfork, and they have their own unique things about them that make them interesting (bashing audience members against the drums, using spatula's to create feedback, etc...). I accept the fact that people don't like them, but it's just something that annoys me.

3. PEOPLE WHO CALL ME EMO
They don't know even know what 'emo' really is. I find it derogitory to my supiriorness when people say this to me.

4. PEOPLE WHO WALK BACKWARDS
...and they don't look where they're going. I got punched in the nose this way and I bled.

5. HOMOPHOBES
(good pick). My stepdad's one and he goes paranoia if I wear tight jeans. He's called me a homosexual pedophile before. He thinks two males having sex is disgusting, and I compared it to the girl that was going to be eaten by that cannibal, and he said that they were both just as disgusting.
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 11:14 AM   #3
Kim C Not G
bad moon rising

Kim C Not G is a jewel in the roughKim C Not G is a jewel in the roughKim C Not G is a jewel in the roughKim C Not G is a jewel in the rough
When people act like they know what they're talking about and they don't.
When people steal ideas.
When you know that someone wants something from you and they act all nice and "I'll be your best friend" bullshit and normally you never even talk to them.
When people won't even listen to your opinion and they tell you that you're wrong.
When people judge you based on your age and the fact that I'm included a generation of degenerates and think I'm that way too.
I don't know what else at the moment.
Kim C Not G is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 11:19 AM   #4
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim C Not G
When people judge you based on your age and the fact that I'm included a generation of degenerates and think I'm that way too.

I hate this as well. My girlfriend's mom said that I don't like the singer Dido because I can't comprehend the emotion since I'm 17. She thinks I'm into just into angstful stuff becase of my age, so I'll have to give her a mix CD of the Lost Patrol, Jim O'Rourke's softer stuff, Sun Ra, Lou Reed and some of Aphex Twins classic piano songs.
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 11:26 AM   #5
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I get this a lot as well, and I am embarassed to be part of today's stupid, stupid youth.

Old 04.21.2006, 11:43 AM   #6
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Oooh People eating crisps/chips (as you crazy yanks call them). God that drives me insane.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 11:45 AM   #7
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
damn sodding double post thing

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 11:48 AM   #8
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anngella

Doesn't that make you a heterophobe?
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 12:12 PM   #9
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
Doesn't that make you a heterophobe?
How would it make me a heterophobe.. ?

If you're suggesting that all heterosexual people are homophobic, you're quite wrong, as well as ignorant for making such a classification.

Old 04.21.2006, 12:25 PM   #10
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
How would it make me a heterophobe.. ?

If you're suggesting that all heterosexual people are homophobic, you're quite wrong, as well as ignorant for making such a classification.

Read what he actually wrote and attempt to comprehend it before jumping on his case.

Quote:

You don't say...
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 12:30 PM   #11
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
spelling nazis
walmarts
http://www.myspace.com/thefloridaorangebirds
MY FUCKING BAND
RIPfrey05 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 12:40 PM   #12
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
having to dry my hands in a tea towel insted of a normal towel.

ice cream melting from a stick onto my hand

people writing text messages while having a conversation with people who arent

Billy Corgan

oh yeah and Homophobes
Old 04.21.2006, 12:45 PM   #13
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Vacuous people who have the balls to criticize other vacuous people.

*Edit: Add to that trendophobes. People who automatically villify anything mainstream or popular. They're as mindless as those they dare to judge, and pompous, ignorant, sanctimonious assholes to boot.
Old 04.21.2006, 01:00 PM   #14
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
pet peeve threads

---

actually, no. they can be amusing...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 01:15 PM   #15
truncated
invito al cielo

I have a list a mile long I posted on the old board once. Which included nearly anything involving other human beings.
Old 04.21.2006, 02:17 PM   #16
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
When people don't use their blinkers.
Old 04.21.2006, 02:24 PM   #17
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
When people don't use their blinkers.

okay, a big one;

MOTHERFUCKERS WHO TALK ON THE PHONE WITH ONE HAND WHILE THEY DRIVE WITH THE OTHER. SOME TIMES THE OTHER HAND HOLDS A FUCKING HAMBURGER THEY STUFF IN THEIR PIEHOLES AS THEY SPEAK ON THE RECEIVER. THEY MOVE AT RETARDED SPEEDS, FAIL TO CROSS TRAFFIC LIGHTS, MAKE STUPID FUCKED UP TURNS, VEER OFF THE LANES, REAREND OTHER VEHICLES, AND GENERALLY DRIVE LIKE PATHETIC ASSWIPES WHO DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE DAMAGE THEY CONSISTENTLY CAUSE. HANG THE FUCK UP & DRIVE.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 02:31 PM   #18
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
What are yours?

A few of mine.. just a few~
People who think it's acceptable to ignore all spelling and grammar rules and type like a 2 year old when they're online.
Religion, everything about it.
Macho guys who work out all the time and think they're the shit [I love my scrawny pale boys who play guitar and drink Diet Coke all day]
Ditzy girls/girls who pretend they're a lot stupider than they really are just to get the attention of guys
Arrogance
When the teacher doesn't erase the chalkboard all the way [there's only a few dots that are missed.. GRR]
When people walk behind me ..I'm paranoid that they're going to ditch me or the like
When I'm sitting by the computer and the screensaver comes on.. must, wiggle, mouse..
People who make their life seem harder than it is
Trends/Conformity etc.

I think that's it for now.. I'm sure I'll think of more later~

I'm with you on every one of those
And...
~ When people chew with their mouths open.
~ When people offer me meat knowing I'm vegetarian, like I don't pressure them into becoming a vegetarian so they should pressure me not to be.
~ People who walk slow (I'm a fast walker )
~ When people yell at me from their cars. There's no point cause I can't understand a freaking word their saying. And honking just scares me, don't do it hahaha.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 02:31 PM   #19
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
The overwhelming majority of people are already locked up in their own little bubble of ego-consciousness & denial. If a person gets inside an automobile...an insulated little bubble where they are at the controls, then bad things can & do happen when humans engage in this behavior known as "driving". Infrastructure everywhere is collapsing, & traffic conditions are, in general, getting worse & far too many drivers do not eat or sleep well. On top of all this, somebody could be using drugs or alcohol or playing with a radio or music player, a television, portable videogame system or a cellphone while driving. It doesn't take a genius to predict an "accident".

The automobile is a machine meant to be used as a tool, not a toy. Like many modern conveniences, it is, in a sense, a time machine to some degree. Despite these wonderful aspects, oftentimes humans are not able to handle the technology with the proper responsibility.

Pet Peeves (primary):
fascists, liars, career politicians, corrupt officials, hate group members, homophobes, false prophets, charlatans, fundamentalists & those that have an Old Testament worldview & all those that truly seek to undermine the American Way of Life.
Pet Peeves (secondary):
Also irritating are most republicans these days, most people who are not artists and/or musicians, & most people who do not at least use marijuana. Add to that list people who have poor taste in art or music.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 02:33 PM   #20
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
christian rock
4x4's in the city, especially with one person in.
ignorance
scene stealing
emulation
sycophantics
pretty much the whole of society
breakfast radio dj's, the ones who talk incesantly and play utter guff
brits abroad
brits at home, the type who live for the weekend and drink and fight.

really i cant even begin to tell you as the list is endless.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth