Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I hate THOMAS KINKADE and I will exact revenge!!!!!!!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.07.2007, 06:00 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
My MOST HATED ENEMY in the ART WORLD, THOMAS KINKADE, WILL BE HERE IN hOUSTON ON mARCH 24TH AT THE OMNI HOTEL

he will be selling chances to get his bullshit HACK signature on his prebought bullshit HACK artwork!!! Now is my chance to ddefame him! to DEBASE HIM! to shred his shit in front opf his own goddamn con-artist face!!!! THE FUCK!

the fucker makes you pay for hios "art" then pay to get a ticket to his "ambassador of light " tour, and then pay to have him sign one of his bullshit works! I HATE THIS FUCK SO MUCH!!!! the war begins NOW

here is the fucker I hate

Old 03.07.2007, 06:01 PM   #2
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I think that's Ned Flanders.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2007, 06:02 PM   #3
dr. humpp

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2007, 06:15 PM   #4
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I think that's Ned Flanders.
hi diddly ho, neighborino!
Old 03.07.2007, 09:44 PM   #5
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
REVENGE-- what did he do to you?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2007, 09:46 PM   #6
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Remember to pick out his eyes and slow cut anywhere in the body.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2007, 09:48 PM   #7
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oy, i just saw his website-- he's truly an art criminal

moreover:
Quote:
Thomas Kinkade is America's most collected living artist. Coming from a modest background, Kinkade emphasizes simple pleasures and inspirational messages through his paintings. As a devout Christian, Kinkade uses his gift as a vehicle to communicate and spread inherent life-affirming values.

faster cheeto! kill! kill!
Old 03.07.2007, 10:41 PM   #8
foxforce5
bad moon rising

foxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's asses
Thomas Kinkade is the "Painter of Light". Do you hate light? Even though most of his oeuvre consists of landscapes and pastorals, he manages to convey a sense of warmth through these lovingly rendered, heartfelt paintings. Just watch a loved one's face light up as they witness a Kinkade reproduction for the first time.
foxforce5 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2007, 10:43 PM   #9
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka

noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2007, 12:09 AM   #10
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
it is not his images that I hate.

he has painted maybe 45 paintings that he then mass produces with factory screen printing and he sells them unframed for about 200 dollars to saps, then he has a large crew of "painters" that add brushstrokes to the mass produced paintings and he sellsthose for around 1000 dollars and then he takes some and adds his own brushtrokes and highlights and charges a fortune for those!!!!!! he is a fucking hack who has stores all over selling these fucking shit copies that will be worthless, completely worthless. there are fans that buy dozens of them, spending all their money.
I saw a story on him on 60 minutes. it was worse than anything I had imagines. he is a fucking asshole. he has gone and put himself on the stoick exchange he has his own stock, what a fucko....
Old 03.08.2007, 12:31 AM   #11
foxforce5
bad moon rising

foxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I don't like him for similar reasons.

There are an abundance of local talented painters and photographers in most areas (even here in Utah!) - with a variety of styles and subjects that could appeal even to more conservative tastes, who sell originals rather inexpensivly and reproductions from giclees to standard sized prints for cheap. I've worked the last few years custom framing and see Kinkade stuff regularly enough, but keep my mouth shut. It's nice to occasionally bump into some of the artists from around here whose work I've aquired recently.
Old 03.08.2007, 01:09 AM   #12
foxforce5
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
My MOST HATED ENEMY in the ART WORLD,

All of my "Most Hated Enemies" are oblivious to the fact.
Old 03.08.2007, 02:31 AM   #13
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
Being defrauded is awful enough, but doing it in the name of God is really despicable.

wait... this is not a monopoly of kinkaid.

or

Old 03.08.2007, 03:26 AM   #14
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
ive always thought the art itself kinda sux...its very...cliche and bland.

i mean....that sorta shit certainly has its place...but coming man.

to me arts always been about pushing foward. i personally have little time for light houses.

ha ha ha ha lighthouses

well there are lighthouses & lighthouses. i did a google w/ the terms "lighthouse painting" & came across these:

there's your edward hopper:

(i like other things by him much better though)

and then i found this one:

sure, it's derivative and a bit chagallesque (is there such a word?) but still avoids cheeseball. you know, not avant garde, but lookable. i'd buy that for a reasonable price--im not cosntitutionally opposed to figurative art.

the rest im afraid is mostly shit, ha ha. well i went over like 20 pages.

but yes you are in principle very right. i just wanted to show the occasional exception?
Old 03.08.2007, 03:43 AM   #15
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

yes that hopper lighthouse is a bit shite. by him i much prefer other thing, such as...

overexposed perhaps but still good:

etc
Old 03.08.2007, 04:09 AM   #16
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

he has painted maybe 45 paintings that he then mass produces with factory screen printing and he sells them unframed for about 200 dollars to saps, then he has a large crew of "painters" that add brushstrokes to the mass produced paintings and he sellsthose for around 1000 dollars and then he takes some and adds his own brushtrokes and highlights and charges a fortune for those!!!!!! he is a fucking hack who has stores all over selling these fucking shit copies that will be worthless, completely worthless. there are fans that buy dozens of them, spending all their money.
I saw a story on him on 60 minutes. it was worse than anything I had imagines. he is a fucking asshole. he has gone and put himself on the stoick exchange he has his own stock, what a fucko....

He is trying to do something that has already been done. First one to do that was Andy Warhol. At least warhol had creativity to doing this sort of shit.
Old 03.08.2007, 04:19 AM   #17
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

I find warhol entertaining, amazing actually. I think when your creating art you have to do something differen,t or take something that already exists and do it better or add a twist.
Old 03.08.2007, 10:19 AM   #18
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

warhol used a factory setting to make individual works of art or to make series. kinkade just painst an image and has it reproduced in an actual factory with machines and then sells them as "originals"

he is going down people!@
Old 03.08.2007, 10:21 AM   #19
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I've loathed him as well ever since seeing the same 60 minutes piece years ago; perhaps we should have a debate as to who dislikes him more.

Quote:

It is "his" images that do not like. Naturalism + no narrative content of importance = dreck.
It's readily apparent that he makes regionalized pictures with chee$y intent.
The formal qualities of the artwork can sometimes override this general modern aesthetics rule-of-thumb. Just look at Sargent or Wyeth, for instance. Of course the American Romantic Masters like Cole, Cassat and Eakins...(just to name a few) their pictures were painted back when they meant something, and any one of them are far more deserving of an "Ambassador of Light" title.
http://xroads.virginia.edu/~cap/NATURE/cap2.html

Don't forget...before Warhol there was the whole Dutch Masters school & Michelangelo that employed assistants.

Of course, Kinkade is a whole other case...please, at least bring the noize to his ear, Rob, with all the zeal you originally expressed...

and remember...
Peace lies in finding the True War.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2007, 10:22 AM   #20
cuetzpalin
the end of the ugly

cuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's asses
his "work" is worth nothing

Co-founder of uber-kool outsiders' club.
member of Pookie's fan club
cuetzpalin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth