Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Hearing loss survey (for my major work, please complete :) )
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.23.2009, 04:14 PM   #21
shentov
expwy. to yr skull

shentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's asses
1. What is your age?
2. What is your gender?
male
3. Where do you live (Country)
Bulgaria
4. Do you listen to music regularly?
yes
5. If so, how often would you consider you listen to music?
everyday
6. What type of music do you listen to most commonly?
'rock' music
7. On a scale of 1 (quiet) to 10 (loud), how loud would you consider your choice of music inheritely?
8. Using the same scale as a reference, how loud would you consider you listen to this music?
9. Do you believe that this is a dangerous enough level to damage your hearing?
no
10. Approximately, how high is the level set on your Mp3/CD player of choice in reference to maximum possible volume of said device? (eg. half, third, full)
7-10
11. Do you attend live music events?
yes
12. Do you consider the noise level at said events of a dangerous level?
yes
13. Do you often wear any form of hearing protection at said events?
no
14. Are you in an occupation that involves, in your opinion, dangerous levels of noise?
yes
15. Is this resolved in any way by your employer? (eg. by providing hearing protection)
no
Old 01.24.2009, 10:14 AM   #22
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
1. What is your age? 34
2. What is your gender? male
3. Where do you live (Country) ireland
4. Do you listen to music regularly? yes
5. If so, how often would you consider you listen to music? every day (4 hours)
6. What type of music do you listen to most commonly? indie guitar swing
7. On a scale of 1 (quiet) to 10 (loud), how loud would you consider your choice of music inheritely? 5 but volume control?
8. Using the same scale as a reference, how loud would you consider you listen to this music? 5
9. Do you believe that this is a dangerous enough level to damage your hearing? no
10. Approximately, how high is the level set on your Mp3/CD player of choice in reference to maximum possible volume of said device? (eg. half, third, full) les than quarter
11. Do you attend live music events? yes
12. Do you consider the noise level at said events of a dangerous level? sometimes
13. Do you often wear any form of hearing protection at said events? sometimes
14. Are you in an occupation that involves, in your opinion, dangerous levels of noise? no
15. Is this resolved in any way by your employer? (eg. by providing hearing protection)...............
Old 03.17.2009, 08:04 PM   #23
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Bump
Old 03.17.2009, 08:16 PM   #24
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
1. What is your age? 26
3. Where do you live (Country) usa
5. If so, how often would you consider you listen to music? it deoends on if im busy or not, but i usually sit down and listen to music for at least 2 hours a day.
6. What type of music do you listen to most commonly? soul and punk rock
7. On a scale of 1 (quiet) to 10 (loud), how loud would you consider your choice of music inheritely? it depends on how loud i make it. i usually turn my ipod up full blast. so loud i guess.
8. Using the same scale as a reference, how loud would you consider you listen to this music? loud on ipod. moderate at home.
9. Do you believe that this is a dangerous enough level to damage your hearing? probably when i listen to my ipod.
10. Approximately, how high is the level set on your Mp3/CD player of choice in reference to maximum possible volume of said device? (eg. half, third, full) full blast.
11. Do you attend live music events? yes.
12. Do you consider the noise level at said events of a dangerous level? probably
13. Do you often wear any form of hearing protection at said events? no
14. Are you in an occupation that involves, in your opinion, dangerous levels of noise? no
15. Is this resolved in any way by your employer? (eg. by providing hearing protection) n/a
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2009, 08:36 PM   #25
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
1. What is your age? 19
3. Where do you live (Country) USA
5. If so, how often would you consider you listen to music? 3-4 hours a day
6. What type of music do you listen to most commonly? alternative
7. On a scale of 1 (quiet) to 10 (loud), how loud would you consider your choice of music inheritely? 8
8. Using the same scale as a reference, how loud would you consider you listen to this music? 5
9. Do you believe that this is a dangerous enough level to damage your hearing? sure
10. Approximately, how high is the level set on your Mp3/CD player of choice in reference to maximum possible volume of said device? (eg. half, third, full) half
12. Do you consider the noise level at said events of a dangerous level? sure
15. Is this resolved in any way by your employer? (eg. by providing hearing protection) --
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2009, 08:38 PM   #26
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
1. What is your age?
2. What is your gender?
Male
United States
Every day for 3-4 hours
Actively
"Rock"/"Punk"
7. On a scale of 1 (quiet) to 10 (loud), how loud would you consider your choice of music inheritely?
8. Using the same scale as a reference, how loud would you consider you listen to this music?
Nah
10. Approximately, how high is the level set on your Mp3/CD player of choice in reference to maximum possible volume of said device? (eg. half, third, full)
about half usually
Yes
Some of them
At certain venues
14. Are you in an occupation that involves, in your opinion, dangerous levels of noise?
No
15. Is this resolved in any way by your employer? (eg. by providing hearing protection)
N/A
Old 03.17.2009, 09:28 PM   #27
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
1. What is your age? 26
2. What is your gender? Male
3. Where do you live (Country) US of A
4. Do you listen to music regularly? Yes
5. If so, how often would you consider you listen to music? Every day
6. What type of music do you listen to most commonly? Rock types of stuff with distorted guitars
7. On a scale of 1 (quiet) to 10 (loud), how loud would you consider your choice of music inheritely? 7-10, depending on the band
8. Using the same scale as a reference, how loud would you consider you listen to this music? 5.5
9. Do you believe that this is a dangerous enough level to damage your hearing? Absolutely not
10. Approximately, how high is the level set on your Mp3/CD player of choice in reference to maximum possible volume of said device? (eg. half, third, full) 1/3
11. Do you attend live music events? Yes
12. Do you consider the noise level at said events of a dangerous level? Maybe
13. Do you often wear any form of hearing protection at said events? Nope
14. Are you in an occupation that involves, in your opinion, dangerous levels of noise? Not really
15. Is this resolved in any way by your employer? (eg. by providing hearing protection) No
Old 03.17.2009, 11:42 PM   #28
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
What subject is this for? Society and Culture?
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2009, 01:20 AM   #29
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
1. What is your age? 24
2. What is your gender? female
3. Where do you live (Country) australie!
4. Do you listen to music regularly? yeas.
5. If so, how often would you consider you listen to music? how often I contemplate that I listen to music or how often I listen to music? :P every day
6. What type of music do you listen to most commonly? erm. rock? electronic? not sure whether you want a genre or what..
7. On a scale of 1 (quiet) to 10 (loud), how loud would you consider your choice of music inheritely? htz rather than db? odd q. average? 5. I dont know.
8. Using the same scale as a reference, how loud would you consider you listen to this music? about a 7 on average.
9. Do you believe that this is a dangerous enough level to damage your hearing? possibly, can't tell because Im sure it is already damaged..
10. Approximately, how high is the level set on your Mp3/CD player of choice in reference to maximum possible volume of said device? (eg. half, third, full) 3/4 most of the time
11. Do you attend live music events? of course
12. Do you consider the noise level at said events of a dangerous level? only if yr lucky enough to be standing up close and left or right of stage.. or at a mogwai show.
13. Do you often wear any form of hearing protection at said events? no, but thought about it
14. Are you in an occupation that involves, in your opinion, dangerous levels of noise? used to be
15. Is this resolved in any way by your employer? (eg. by providing hearing protection)nope not at all. Only part of it was their fault, though Im sure the overall volume was well above 70db..... 8+ hours a day..
phoenix is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2009, 09:34 AM   #30
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
1. What is your age? 34
2. What is your gender? M
3. Where do you live (Country) Australia
4. Do you listen to music regularly? YES
5. If so, how often would you consider you listen to music? approx 4-5 hours day when not working - anywhere between 1 and 14 hours perday when working
6. What type of music do you listen to most commonly? NA
7. On a scale of 1 (quiet) to 10 (loud), how loud would you consider your choice of music inherantly? recorded music is only loud when played back at significant levels with the aid of an amplifier and speakers. I donot consider it to be inherantly loud with out these aids, except as an example a full scale orchestra in acoustic mode. Loud is also relative to each person, room and the equipment used to turn the pre-records into waveforms travelling in the air.
8. Using the same scale as a reference, how loud would you consider you listen to this music? At work 96-110 dbA is common, but this is scaled between decibles A or C and time. Anywhere else depends how much I have worked. I can't really scale from a 1-10 because it doesn't really work for me like that. Due to my ears being my source of income I would say 3-4 on the 1-10 scale, however I do beleive these numbers are meaningless, as one persons 10 may be another persons 4.
9. Do you believe that this is a dangerous enough level to damage your hearing? I am very aware when my ears are fatigued from audio signals. Yes and No, depends on the recording a peak transient that has not been controlled correectly could do this at quite significantly low levels.
10. Approximately, how high is the level set on your Mp3/CD player of choice in reference to maximum possible volume of said device? (eg. half, third, full) Depends how I feel at the time. It is set at minus infinity when off.
11. Do you attend live music events? Constantly - approximately 300 shows per year.
12. Do you consider the noise level at said events of a dangerous level? Well for the people who stand with their heads next to concert PA systems when the engineer needs to hit the back wall of the room/hall/arena, yesI do.
13. Do you often wear any form of hearing protection at said events? Yes
14. Are you in an occupation that involves, in your opinion, dangerous levels of noise? Some would say yes, I would say no as I am in control of it and have systems of control that aren't generally used in your average rock concert.
15. Is this resolved in any way by your employer? (eg. by providing hearing protection) Can't mix with hearing protection. However they do pay for my headphones.

Thanks, If I do well then I have you guys to thank
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2009, 09:35 AM   #31
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
1. What is your age? 35
3. Where do you live (Country) United States of America
4. Do you listen to music regularly? every fuckin day
5. If so, how often would you consider you listen to music? every fuckin day
6. What type of music do you listen to most commonly? noisy loud rock
7. On a scale of 1 (quiet) to 10 (loud), how loud would you consider your choice of music inheritely? 10
8. Using the same scale as a reference, how loud would you consider you listen to this music? 4
9. Do you believe that this is a dangerous enough level to damage your hearing? no
I use a turntable and the volume changes depending on time of day and my amped up-ness
12. Do you consider the noise level at said events of a dangerous level? sometimes it is
15. Is this resolved in any way by your employer? (eg. by providing hearing protection) N/A
Old 03.18.2009, 09:46 AM   #32
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
1. What is your age? 38
3. Where do you live (Country) England
4. Do you listen to music regularly? Yes
5. If so, how often would you consider you listen to music? 2-3 hours per day
6. What type of music do you listen to most commonly? Rock
7. On a scale of 1 (quiet) to 10 (loud), how loud would you consider your choice of music inheritely? 6
8. Using the same scale as a reference, how loud would you consider you listen to this music? 3
9. Do you believe that this is a dangerous enough level to damage your hearing? No
10. Approximately, how high is the level set on your Mp3/CD player of choice in reference to maximum possible volume of said device? (eg. half, third, full) Third
11. Do you attend live music events? Rarely
12. Do you consider the noise level at said events of a dangerous level? Yes, it can be.
13. Do you often wear any form of hearing protection at said events? No
14. Are you in an occupation that involves, in your opinion, dangerous levels of noise? No.
15. Is this resolved in any way by your employer? (eg. by providing hearing protection) No.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2009, 09:57 AM   #33
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
1. What is your age?

2. What is your gender?
M

US

yes

~6 hr of the day

loosely 'rock'

not sure what this question means...how loud i listen to it, or how loud its mastered/intended for playback?

probably a 7

no

half

constantly

yes

i have been for the last ~10 years or so

no

yes (for others who work in these areas)
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2009, 10:10 AM   #34
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
1. What is your age?
2. What is your gender?
Male
USA
Yes
More than once a day.
The Devil's Music
It varies.
No.
2/3
Often
Occasionally
No
No

-
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2009, 11:09 AM   #35
dnorsen
bad moon rising

dnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's asses
1. What is your age? 27
3. Where do you live (Country)? united states
4. Do you listen to music regularly? daily
5. If so, how often would you consider you listen to music? 7-10hrs a day
6. What type of music do you listen to most commonly? rock
7. On a scale of 1 (quiet) to 10 (loud), how loud would you consider your choice of music inheritely? 8
8. Using the same scale as a reference, how loud would you consider you listen to this music? 8
9. Do you believe that this is a dangerous enough level to damage your hearing? sometimes, mostly at the gym with earbuds
10. Approximately, how high is the level set on your Mp3/CD player of choice in reference to maximum possible volume of said device? (eg. half, third, full) 3/4's
12. Do you consider the noise level at said events of a dangerous level? yes
13. Do you often wear any form of hearing protection at said events? everytime, unless its a folk show in a small room or good theatre where i trust the mix levels.
Old 03.18.2009, 11:27 AM   #36
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
male
tucson 8 months a year, boston area 4 months
yes
all day when im doing something where its appropraite to listen (driving, reading my paper, morning coffee, and when im getting high)
weird rock n roll
fuck yes
on headphones type thing, always to the max, on stereo, depends on neighbors really
yes
only when i stand too close to amps, which i always do cuz i love gettin blown the fuck out
that shit is for pussies, ever seen the slayer dude with all the slayer gear, and then earphones, dude looks like a fuckin deauche bag
no

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2009, 01:45 PM   #37
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
i'm a bit surprised at the number of people who regularly go see live music yet don't use ear plugs...i wish i had started using them a long time ago, as my hearing has definitely been affected (and not for the better). the etymotic ER-20s are very cheap and work pretty damned well.
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2009, 04:31 PM   #38
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by narlus
i'm a bit surprised at the number of people who regularly go see live music yet don't use ear plugs...i wish i had started using them a long time ago, as my hearing has definitely been affected (and not for the better). the etymotic ER-20s are very cheap and work pretty damned well.

i'm not... however i have been wearing plugs to every gig i went to since i was 12. and everytime i practiced my drums and jammed and gigged.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth