Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Inevitable Zimmerman/Martin Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.17.2013, 11:55 AM   #61
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
since when do white folks consider Jews white?

he's an afroandean mixblood. hebrew as well?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2013, 12:00 PM   #62
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
self-defense, if it really is self-defense, is not about "getting away with it" That would be vigilantism.

Aren't there cases where people still get sentenced to prison when they kill/injure someone in 'self defense'?
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2013, 12:02 PM   #63
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
His father was a "white" German Jew. His mom was a Peruvian with black and white in her, like most hispanics.

he could be related to Bob Dylan! (Robert Zimmerman)
Old 07.17.2013, 12:02 PM   #64
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Aren't there cases where people still get sentenced to prison when they kill/injure someone in 'self defense'?

that is called manslaughter and there are various degrees of it, and YES zimmerman should have gotten convicted of manslaughter I think.
Old 07.17.2013, 12:15 PM   #65
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
that is called manslaughter and there are various degrees of it, and YES zimmerman should have gotten convicted of manslaughter I think.

in a state with different laws perhaps, but stand your ground grants a sort of immunity to the shooter--the jury looked at the manslaughter charges but did not convict.

the interviews w/ the jurors (i heard a couple of them yesterday on the amy good man show) were interesting.
Old 07.17.2013, 01:02 PM   #66
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
As a young Mexican male. I'd be terrified to turn myself in regardless of the fact that I was acting on self defense.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2013, 01:13 PM   #67
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Hence the structural racism inherent to the system. Again, all-white jury with a straight face decides to ignore manslaughter. Hmmmm. Didn't these fuckers at least even read To Kill A Mocking Bird or some shit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the interviews w/ the jurors (i heard a couple of them yesterday on the amy good man show) were interesting.

Is that some kind of euphemism for pathetic?

Again. fuckers here are misunderstanding of structural racism is cute, but bullshit. Its not about if Zimmerman is white, or jewish, or Peruvian, or any such thing. Its that a 17 year black kid, who was unarmed, was provoked by a strange, armed, grown ass man, who then subsequently in some kind of struggle shot and killed this young man. The racism plays in to the after effect. The way in which an overwhelming majority of people seem to insinuate that Trayvon MUST have been guilty of something, when he wasn't. Then further insinuations that because some black males have committed crime, that, well, you know, gee golly its perfectly reasonable to profile ALL black men as potential criminals. And the most damning part, an ALL-WHITE jury in a notoriously racist penal system in the state of Florida somehow found Zimmerman entirely innocent of everything, even the very obvious accidental death/manslaughter which point blank would have been his sentence had he killed an unarmed, middle-class white teenager, even in the same circumstances entirely.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2013, 02:02 PM   #68
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

they were interesting because they let me see inside their little heads and watch how they think.
Old 07.17.2013, 02:08 PM   #69
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
they were interesting because they let me see inside their little heads and watch how they think.

I can agree to that, but unfortunately I may just be too upset to even remotely hear them out. All can say every time I see or hear them on the TV is a resounding, reverberating, deeply resonating, "FUCK YOU!"

Old 07.17.2013, 02:10 PM   #70
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I can agree to that, but unfortunately I may just be too upset to even remotely hear them out.

the thing with you is that you seldom entertain difference. either they think like you and they are right or they don't think like you and they are wrong.

it was peculiar to me to hear a woman say she'd have "george" as neighborhood watch again.

such familiarity!

a jury of his peers.

i try to see it as they see it and understand. personally, i can pronounce no verdict.
Old 07.17.2013, 02:13 PM   #71
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

too bad they did not get a jury of Trayvon's peers.
Old 07.17.2013, 02:18 PM   #72
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

right, i've read that criticism, but the thing is, he wasn't on trial.

or should i say: the florida law granted zimmmerman the role of judge jury and executioner.
Old 07.17.2013, 02:19 PM   #73
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

how are 6 white women a jury of a hispanic/jewish man's peers though?
Old 07.17.2013, 02:20 PM   #74
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
how are 6 white women a jury of a hispanic/jewish man's peers though?

it's because the real issue in america isn't race, it's CLASS. race is just a huge fucking racist inventionto keep the hoi polloi divided.
Old 07.17.2013, 02:27 PM   #75
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

true dat as well.

gotta get paid.

I have been railing about tat to everyone I know everytime something like this pops up. the red herring is race. the true demarcation is along MONEY lines. Money money money. It is the sole reason all corporations and businesses exist and the sole reason non-profit organizations exist, regardless of what they use their money for.
Old 07.17.2013, 02:29 PM   #76
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

the women in the jury were middle class suburban residents afraid of crime.

georgie z was their guard dog who "accidentally" bit a stranger.

he'll be more responsible from now on, they said.
Old 07.17.2013, 02:35 PM   #77
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

I agree. I think in the post-case analysis the prosecution opted NOT for a black member on the jury because of the risk for a hung jury, however, that would have been preferable, because then there would be the option of a fairer retrial. See, I know from tangible experience that simply put, white people act and speak differently when black people are around then when they're not. So if a black person was on that jury, those white women would have had to shelve any of their potential prejudices, and that alone might have forced them to think towards manslaughter or at least hang the jury and try again. Now? No options. And this duppy supposed "first-black" president in the US has opted NOT to enact a Federal inquiry through the Justice Department. What a bitch. After the Rodney King blasphemy, even honky as George Bush I established a federal commission and investigated the LAPD for racism.

Quote:
During the rioting President Bush announced on nationwide T.V. that the Justice Department was looking into the Rodney King beating and that the justice process was still ongoing. Shortly afterward a Federal Grand Jury indicted the four policeman on charges of violating Rodney King's civil rights. Officers Koon and Powell were convicted on those charges. Each received 30 months in federal prison.

Further, Bill Clinton in 1997 established a federal commission to investigate structural racism. After the James Byrd lynching, the White House was heavily involved in community relations, public discourse, and praise of the guilty verdicts coming out of Texas.

George Bush II surprisingly worked hard to push Immigration Reform THREE times through the Legislature but was thwarted embarrassingly by the bulwarks of his Grand Ol Party..

Barack? He says the jury has spoken. This is much worse than when he vindicated that racist fucking cop who arrested Harvard Professor Henry Gates Jr for breaking into his own house. Instead of castigating the police, he shamed Skip Gates by forcing him to have a beer with that racist fucking pig at the White House? Beer Gate was embarrassing, but this Zimmerman shit is damnable. What if some cops or worse, a vigilante, shot Skip Gates accusing him of being a burglar??

Quote:
But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm

Fuck you Mr. Obama. Every black person in America just realized they fucked up in supporting you over Hilary Clinton. Surprise!! At least it will be a formative experience, black folks will come to learn the reality of American politcs, its just good cop/bad cop but nothing changes. What forced George Bush's hand? Oh right, the 1992 LA Uprising which lasted FOUR MONTHS, not merely four days. What pushed Bill Cliinton? Oh right, the reality that black and brown folks were an increasing proportion of America, and there was growing backlash against the less-than-veiled racism which bubbled to the surface in the post-1992 Uprising reactions as well as the OJ Simpson trial and California's Proposition 187. I hope every black, brown, and sympathizing white person who honestly supported Obama takes a long look in the mirror, and opts for sincere grass-roots politicking, advocacy, and coalition building. Whose streets? Our streets. But when we cave and cop-out to politicians, we lose the battle.

Quote:
Leaders speak movements cease when the blood is flowing, cuz all these punks got a bullet to the head, the department of police, what, the judges, what, the feds? Networks at work, keeping people calm..

Old 07.17.2013, 02:35 PM   #78
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

so in Florida it is cool to engage in a personal lynching huh?
Old 07.17.2013, 02:37 PM   #79
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Obama is a politician from Chicago. That city and that state have a lineage of deeply corrupt politicians serving as governor, senator and representatives from there. Hell, recently three separate governors were in prison for corruption. You do not get ahead in chicago without sucking the cocks of organized crime,a dn using their money and leverage to get ahead.
Old 07.17.2013, 02:39 PM   #80
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
so in Florida it is cool to engage in a personal lynching huh?

that's what the protesters are asking for now. "damn the jury, damn the trial, he's guilty in our eyes"

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth