Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Thurston and Merzbow jam
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.09.2013, 02:30 AM   #1
pad_023
the destroyed room

pad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's asses
Taken from CLM Facebook

Hopscotch Recap: Day 2
By Allison Hussey | The Daily Tar Heel
Chris Powers | The Daily Tar Heel

Following Future Island’s set, I made my way to Kings, expecting to arrive a bit early to grab a seat for Black Zinfandel’s performance. However, when I arrived at the packed venue, my eyes turned to the stage to see the one and only Thurston Moore violently strumming his guitar. I glanced over to the opposite side of the stage to spot Japanese noise luminary Merzbow playing some kind of electronic instrument that resembled a frying pan. As a wall of noise protruded from the stage, I couldn’t believe my eyes (and ears)! Merzbow and Moore were jamming! Rounded out by drummer John Moloney, the impromptu trio tore through a feedback-inducing set that shook Kings to its core. At the conclusion of the set, Merzbow and Moore met for a brief handshake and then casually strolled off stage — a rather calm conclusion to a jarring performance.

Would love to hear a recording of this show

Some photos here

http://trianglemusic.blogspot.com.au...ton-moore.html
pad_023 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth