Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Scene People
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.25.2006, 07:39 PM   #21
SpankMarvin
little trouble girl

SpankMarvin has a brilliant futureSpankMarvin has a brilliant futureSpankMarvin has a brilliant futureSpankMarvin has a brilliant futureSpankMarvin has a brilliant futureSpankMarvin has a brilliant futureSpankMarvin has a brilliant futureSpankMarvin has a brilliant futureSpankMarvin has a brilliant futureSpankMarvin has a brilliant futureSpankMarvin has a brilliant future
I don't mean to be funny or confrontational, but do you mean that what's wrong with the scene is that they don't expose themselves to worthwhile music? What objective perspective of music does that come from?

I might generally dislike the music which scenesters listen to, but I'm sure they have reasons for liking it. Scenesters aren't synonymous with ignorance, I don't think. It's kind of dangerous territory to take the musical highground when all that is is opinion.

And really, Deathcab for Cutie did do one good song. It was that good one. Maybe they did two.
SpankMarvin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 07:44 PM   #22
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh! garden state! gack! most fucking OVERRATED movie of the century
what a poser piece of shit!!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 07:46 PM   #23
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
I just wrote a song and the chorus goes:
'can I be seen in your scene?
can I be heard in your herd?
can I click in your clique?'

The term Scene is slippery, but I've had a recent experience with a friend from childhood that I recently started seeing again who is 'in' with some of the better known bands in my area. I definitely get 'scene' vibes from her, because her life seems to revolve around the people who have the most musical cred or noteriety. We are alright friends, but I really feel I'd hear more from her if my band was more popular. haha.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 08:16 PM   #24
Proud Marie
little trouble girl

Proud Marie ain't too shabby
awesome use of homonyms CHOUT.

I wouldnt say i hate scenesters, its more of a pity. I only disrespect them, but they are alright people, if you talk to them without their massive groups of friends.

You know what i dont get, though? how can they be so big on music when the music they listen to is so bland and terrible?
Proud Marie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 08:19 PM   #25
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpankMarvin
And really, Deathcab for Cutie did do one good song. It was that good one. Maybe they did two.

The first song off their first album is their only good song.
Old 04.25.2006, 08:26 PM   #26
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
The first song off their first album is their only good song.

I didn't mind the album "We have the facts and we're voting yes", but that's the only one find decent. The new one seems really unfocused.
Old 04.25.2006, 08:35 PM   #27
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpankMarvin
I don't mean to be funny or confrontational, but do you mean that what's wrong with the scene is that they don't expose themselves to worthwhile music? What objective perspective of music does that come from?

I might generally dislike the music which scenesters listen to, but I'm sure they have reasons for liking it. Scenesters aren't synonymous with ignorance, I don't think. It's kind of dangerous territory to take the musical highground when all that is is opinion.

no, what's wrong with "teh scene" is that for the kids in my town, it's more about the image than the music, which makes no sense considering that it's a "scene" that's supposed to be immersed in music.

and no...deathcab didn't have that one good song.

but why are we debating the ins and outs of "teh scene" anyways?

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 09:04 PM   #28
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
i always thought that would be wayyy awkward, going up to a stranger and start talking to her. esspecially with the intentions of possibly hooking up.

i dont know if i could do that...
Old 04.25.2006, 09:05 PM   #29
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
do they really bother you THAT much? you have nothing better to do then sit around and judge how importat music is to OTHER PEOPLE?! you need a fucking hobby
Old 04.25.2006, 09:07 PM   #30
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Isn't the whole point of being scene to criticise other people for being scene and then lying and saying, "I'm not scene because I am [insert vapid nonsense]"?

Basically. I am not myspace scene. I am just an artfag or something. There is no scene here but kids who like the Blood Brothers and Scary Kids Scaring Kids.
Old 04.25.2006, 09:18 PM   #31
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
it seems like the blood brothers get a lot of shit because so called "scene kids" like them and so they get played off of as whiney little bitches when really they write incredible lyrics and music
Old 04.25.2006, 09:19 PM   #32
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dietzer123
it seems like the blood brothers get a lot of shit because so called "scene kids" like them and so they get played off of as whiney little bitches when really they write incredible lyrics and music

I enjoy them somewhat. They are still scene as all hell.
Old 04.25.2006, 09:23 PM   #33
dietzer123
stalker

who the fuck cares. they're incredibly good.
Old 04.25.2006, 09:23 PM   #34
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
i'm an indiefuck
Old 04.25.2006, 09:41 PM   #35
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

Quote:
who the fuck cares. they're incredibly good.

I care.

I am an indiefuck as well. I have on red girl cordorouys right now.
Old 04.25.2006, 09:42 PM   #36
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
I don't like Blood Brothers.
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 10:59 PM   #37
Drugstore_Cowboy
little trouble girl

Drugstore_Cowboy ain't too shabby
Scene kids are great. Dressing alike = A+ work; great inside jokes about robots are only matched by an intelligent conversation about how Radiohead has saved the world; iPods with Pitchfork-approved songs; against drugs but drink coffee . . .

It is really the only way to live.
Drugstore_Cowboy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 11:07 PM   #38
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
great inside jokes about robots

hahahahahahaha
Old 04.26.2006, 12:43 AM   #39
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
do they really bother you THAT much? you have nothing better to do then sit around and judge how importat music is to OTHER PEOPLE?! you need a fucking hobby

says the guy who's bitching about a comment on a thread about scenesters.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 11:20 AM   #40
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
well, there's a fact that scenesters only listen to less than half of the music they like, they say they like certain bands to be in with their crowds.

and yeah, it seems to me they are more about the fashion than anything else.

i like burn piano island burn from the blood brothers, i didn't like crimes and i don't like the earlier stuff much, they sound way to much like heroin and angel hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden child
i always thought that would be wayyy awkward, going up to a stranger and start talking to her. esspecially with the intentions of possibly hooking up.

i dont know if i could do that...

well, i wasn't really trying to hook up, i was feeling bad about my lady friend and thought that if i talked to someone different i didn't know, maybe it would bring something better to my life. it is awkward and i never thought i could do it either, i just sometimes do it. never for hooking up though.

and i also get called scene sometimes because i comb my hair in a cowlick. i get called scene by people who don't know scene, actually; i'd be talking about hipsters and shit and they go "kinda like you?"
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth