Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page napalm death
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.05.2006, 07:44 PM   #1
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
god, they are about the gayest band ever

did you know they are still playing?
they make music videos and everythin
they even have a fucking myspace

and none of the original members are even in the band

a discrace to the true napalm death
its fucks like these that give grind a band name
Old 05.05.2006, 08:37 PM   #2
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
can anyone else not stand that stupid "satan" voice shit that all of these metal bands feel that they have to use?
Old 05.05.2006, 09:43 PM   #3
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
the firt two naplam death albums are awesome. Just don't take the vocals seriously, I don't think they were.

I find the GARGAGARGAGARGADA's and ABAYIBAYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA's totally enjoiyable.

Grindcore is closer to punk than metal in my opinion, if you can dig hardcore punk you might be able to get into grindcore.
Old 05.06.2006, 12:05 AM   #4
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i kinda think of grind/death/black metal as instrumental music where the vocalist is another instrument, not like the singer.

napalm's first two albums, scum and from enslavement to obliteration, are so amazing it's crazy, they are but the very first grindcore albums (both in name and approach), the fastest records of their time and some of the most shinning moments in extreme/harsh music.

napalm death started as a crust punk band, their very first appearance on a retail album was on a compilation put out by crass records. their biggest influences are punk bands like discharge, d.r.i., deep wound and die kreuzen.

one other thing; while everything post-enslavement is absolute crap and worthless, that has nothing to do with them not having anyone from the original line-up, because the original line-up never recorded. the first drummer left before they could record and mick harris replaced him, who is the first person to play blastbeats (those triple time drum beats), before that, justin broadrick was actually the second guitarist they tried, and nik buellen was the original bassist and vocalist, but gave up bass to concentrate on singing, with another guy filling in on bass. with this line-up, they recorded the first half of scum. later on, mick harris wanted to reform napalm and nik buellen (who had founded the band) gave him permission to use the name, so he replaced everyone and recorded the rest of scum. they never had an original line-up really.

and so you know, mick harris is the founder, with john zorn, of painkiller.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2006, 10:52 AM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
You can't talk seriously about Napalm Death. They're just Napalm Death. It's who they are, it's what they do. They are Napalm Death. There is no reason to appreciate them other than 2 facts: They are in a band that is called NAPALM DEATH and they are Napalm Death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2006, 10:56 AM   #6
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
the Glice commune is really getting to zen-like spiritual enlightment the more they post on the sonic youth board about their sexual activities.

guess the cult works
Old 05.06.2006, 11:36 AM   #7
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I remember playing Napalm Death on the radio on my John Peel tribute set after he died. In the midst of all this punk and post-punk suddenly comes this insane ass crazy band. Wonderful. There is sort of a comedic element to their music.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2006, 12:44 PM   #8
xpresswaytoyrskull
little trouble girl

xpresswaytoyrskull ain't too shabby
Godflesh & Jesu are where it's at.
xpresswaytoyrskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2006, 03:33 PM   #9
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpresswaytoyrskull
Godflesh & Jesu are where it's at.

good point

besides revolutionizing both punk and metal with their first two albums, napalm death are also notorious for their members forming incredible bands that had little or nothing to do with their former band. but to mention just a few:

-justin k broadrick went on to play drums for head of david after which he formed godflesh; when that band broke, justin then formed jesu. (as noted above)
-mick harris formed, along with john zorn and bill laswell, painkiller while still on napalm.
-lee dorian, the groups second vocalist, formed seminal stoner/doom band cathedral after departing.
-guitarist bill steer started carcass as a side project, later to leave napalm to concentrate on it full time.
-bassist shane embury is known for participating in such side bands as brujeria and unseen terror
Old 05.06.2006, 10:37 PM   #10
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
Another great justin broadrick project is GOD. Its like Godflesh but with a saxaphone player, its nuts. I only heard it once and i wish i bought it.
Old 05.07.2006, 06:07 PM   #11
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
You can't talk seriously about Napalm Death. They're just Napalm Death. It's who they are, it's what they do. They are Napalm Death. There is no reason to appreciate them other than 2 facts: They are in a band that is called NAPALM DEATH and they are Napalm Death.

True, true. Sums it up, really.

I have the first LP somewhere, with the green cover. I was told that that cover was rare or something, but I'm not sure. Um.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth