Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Another new Organs of Battle track
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.04.2009, 05:36 AM   #21
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Fair enough

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2009, 04:00 PM   #22
verme (prevaricator)
100%

verme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's asses
enjoyed it.
verme (prevaricator) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2009, 04:59 PM   #23
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by verme (prevaricator)
enjoyed it.

Thanks

Old 06.04.2009, 05:36 PM   #24
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I like that none of the sounds particularly sound like instruments, or objects. It's very much got the feel that you put a microphone somewhere and this just so happened to be the sounds. I mean, there's a sound in there that's possibly from the same source that could be a clean hand on a clean bath, or wet windscreen-wipers or contact miked old floorboards or a big whooshy pipe.

I like that when a rhythm appears, it does so subtley, and doesn't impose itself - in fact, I struggled to notice rhythms other than the glancing synth (?) that runs throughout the first time I listened.

There's a lot about the production that reminds me of dub, in spite of the fact that it's got little in common with dub. Actually, it's got loads in common with dub, just not the bits we come to expect of dub.

I like that it's just the right side of meticulous without turning into frigid self-fetishisation.

I like that it never quite tries to be intense or chilling but manages to convey a sense of dread.

It sort of makes me think of NWW or Metgumnerbone, that kind of thing, without specifically making me think of anyone in particular. In short, it's very, very good and if it's not being put out I'd like to offer to do some sort of CD-r swap for a real-world copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2009, 07:25 PM   #25
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I won't be able to sum it up better than glice, although I seem to agree with him on all points.

I'm picky about my noise, and honestly, I don't like a lot of it these days, but THIS is the kind I like.

great stuff. sorry that it took so long for me to download it. sure glad I did.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2009, 01:26 AM   #26
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I like that none of the sounds particularly sound like instruments, or objects. It's very much got the feel that you put a microphone somewhere and this just so happened to be the sounds. I mean, there's a sound in there that's possibly from the same source that could be a clean hand on a clean bath, or wet windscreen-wipers or contact miked old floorboards or a big whooshy pipe.

I like that when a rhythm appears, it does so subtley, and doesn't impose itself - in fact, I struggled to notice rhythms other than the glancing synth (?) that runs throughout the first time I listened.

There's a lot about the production that reminds me of dub, in spite of the fact that it's got little in common with dub. Actually, it's got loads in common with dub, just not the bits we come to expect of dub.

I like that it's just the right side of meticulous without turning into frigid self-fetishisation.

I like that it never quite tries to be intense or chilling but manages to convey a sense of dread.

It sort of makes me think of NWW or Metgumnerbone, that kind of thing, without specifically making me think of anyone in particular. In short, it's very, very good and if it's not being put out I'd like to offer to do some sort of CD-r swap for a real-world copy.

WOW! Praise indeed.
Thanks very much.

That 'clean hand' sound is actually the sound of someone's (not mine!) arse being slapped!

I'm thinking about putting this track out as a proper release - just working out which format to use.

Old 06.05.2009, 01:31 AM   #27
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I won't be able to sum it up better than glice, although I seem to agree with him on all points.

I'm picky about my noise, and honestly, I don't like a lot of it these days, but THIS is the kind I like.

great stuff. sorry that it took so long for me to download it. sure glad I did.

Thanks.

Noise music tends to be very personal to whover writes it - I think that's why some of it so inaccessible.

It's nice to think that mine is a bit more cuddly

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth