Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.08.2019, 12:04 PM   #2901
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
Finished Dark Season 2. It's getting pretty out there, but in a good way. A damn good way. Quite looking forward to where season 3 will be going.

just watched ep 1 of s2. pretty good, dark as fuck, though
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2019, 08:27 PM   #2902
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Finished Season 3 of Stranger Things. Episode 5 to 8 were actually pretty decent. The finale was even legitimately good, bar one baffling segment. But this is not the type of quality the first season displayed anymore. The mystery aspect that accounted for the initial charm of the show seems to have gotten the shaft and now everything's obvious and in your face. And I'll stick with my initial opinion: This season relies way too much on shallow nostalgia. Whilst the first season utilized recognizable staples of its time as just something the characters were familiar with and used or enjoyed in their everyday lives that were cleverly integrated and even served storytelling purposes (like "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" signaling the bond between the Buyers brothers), popculture references and blatant product placement are now thrown around willy-nilly. That sucks. This show has turned into a cartoon. And there were so many plot points that went nowhere this season. There was little in the way of suspense or urgency this season, especially in the earlier episodes. And even the show's signature moments with emotional depth only really appear in the later few. They were there, but not as abundant as in the seasons prior to this one. Verdict: Has its moments here and there, but it's a far cry from what initially made the show so appealing. Disappointed.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2019, 10:53 AM   #2903
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
A couple I tried and bailed on

Stranger Things 3. More like extremely familiar and boring things. Teen romance and very bad 80's music. Only made it thru episode 1 and not going back for more.

City on a Hill, stale wooden acting and terrible writing, only made it thru half hour of ep 1. Take the worst parts of Hill Street Blues and add the worst parts of the Wire. Almost a parody
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2019, 11:14 AM   #2904
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Season 13 of Always Sunny is finally available on HULU
Old 07.12.2019, 03:06 PM   #2905
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Wimbledon on the BBC. Every year it's like you're traveling back in time with McEnroe, Navratilova, Clijsters and Becker and all those other legends still present as commentators.

This year the Women's tournament was great, many surprises and some upcoming youngsters. And Serena will still win the final tomorrow.
Didn't follow the men's tournament so much because the three GOAT's are just too good. But today's semi final Nadal vs Federer was great.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2019, 09:02 PM   #2906
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
watched the first episode of GOOD OMENS for lunch today and it was very amusing.

i fell asleep midway, but that was because of the heat. after i woke up i finished the rest, and laughed.

im watching episode 2 now, and it’s very fucking amusing!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2019, 08:48 AM   #2907
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Season 13 of Always Sunny is finally available on HULU

Just finished

Isnít it great?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2019, 07:30 PM   #2908
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
haaahaaaa good omens was fucking great

and tennant was brilliant in it

all great fun
Old 07.13.2019, 11:58 PM   #2909
The Gazpacho Gestapo
bad moon rising

The Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's asses
anyone watch Kidding with Jim Carrey

thing reeked of "look how dark and edgy we are"

i love that surreal Gondry touch and JIm Carrey of course.

season 2 might be a tighter package altogether with Jeff Pickles being a more fleshed out character, i look forward to that
The Gazpacho Gestapo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2019, 06:17 AM   #2910
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
And Serena will still win the final tomorrow.

oh boy, how wrong I was
6-2 6-2 for Halep

Anyway, I started watching Games Of Thrones last night, the first four episodes of the first season. Only 69 episodes to go. Or shall I just skip the entire final season? Yeah I know, I'm late to the party, but I never had HBO, and didn't feel like downloading the episodes illegally. Until last week when I changed the TV subscription package.

Old 07.14.2019, 06:44 AM   #2911
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

not a big tennis follower but serena losing again is the end of an era

watch the whole game of thrones. good or bad ending (it’s bad, lol) you’ll want to know.

the first few are amazing though. worth the binge (yeah, you’ll binge)
Old 07.14.2019, 06:54 AM   #2912
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
not a big tennis follower but serena losing again is the end of an era
don't rule her out yet, she entered the tournament practically untrained due to injuries and she still made it to the Finals. So if she keeps fit she will still win the grand slams.

Quote:
watch the whole game of thrones. good or bad ending (itís bad, lol) youíll want to know.

the first few are amazing though. worth the binge (yeah, youíll binge)
I had to stop last night I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore so yeah I'll binge

Old 07.14.2019, 09:21 AM   #2913
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
haaahaaaa good omens was fucking great

and tennant was brilliant in it

all great fun

Yup
Old 07.14.2019, 03:40 PM   #2914
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
serena losing again is the end of an era
We've been saying this about Federer for half a decade now?
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2019, 04:35 PM   #2915
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
We've been saying this about Federer for half a decade now?
you have?

first i hear of it
Old 07.14.2019, 05:12 PM   #2916
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
you have?

first i hear of it
Well, before Wimbledon in 2014 Federer hadn't made a final in two years, and we all thought it was finally time for the others to overtake him. Then he's won three more Grand Slams since then.

He's old enough that he could be my dad, this is insane.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2019, 05:17 PM   #2917
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Well, before Wimbledon in 2014 Federer hadn't made a final in two years, and we all thought it was finally time for the others to overtake him. Then he's won three more Grand Slams since then.

ooh i see. wow... i remember his battles vs nadal... some ages ago?

i forget when or what (lol) but it was big somehow. i remember that this girl... what is her name... the one that left a note for h8kurdt... had a crush on nadal ha ha ha. in the end federer won. he was... 28 at the time?

so i suppose serena could keep going a while... i like her, so... i hope so.

Quote:
He's old enough that he could be my dad, this is insane.

how old is he now. 85?
Old 07.14.2019, 08:07 PM   #2918
Severian
invito al cielo

I’m watching this show CASTLE ROCK on Hulu.

It’s basically like an Agents of Shield for the Steven King “multiverse”

Except it has cussing and is really dark and probably a more well-made show.

Anyway... pretty good stuff. Several actors from series I like (Leftovers, Six Feet Under, American Horror Story, Daredevil), and it has all these little breadcrumbs from all the Stephen King books that take place in Maine (Shawshank, Green Mike, Shining, IT, more that I haven’t read and wouldn’t recognize ... probably Tommyknockers)

Interesting and pretty satisfyingly.
Hope they make a season 2.

Not a big King fan in general (I like about 2 Ĺ of the books of his I’ve read), but this is making me want to explore more.
Old 07.14.2019, 08:11 PM   #2919
Severian
invito al cielo

ALSO...

BIG LITTLE LIES (HBO) is off-book for season 2 and going GREAT

EUPHORIA (HBO) is some KIDS-level disturbing ass shit, but really well done and engaging

HANDMAID’S TALE is still probably the most important show on TV, but I feel like it’s losing the thread a bit in the last episode or two. Hoping it finds it again, because we need that show these days, goddammit.
Old 07.14.2019, 09:06 PM   #2920
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

im rewatching the original deadwood series in preparation for catching the movie at some point in the near future
96136143144145 146 147 >
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth