Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page classic albums, atsonicpark edition # 40: atari teenage riot - burn berlin burn
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.17.2010, 05:05 AM   #61
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Empire had rented and watched back-to-back all of the King's movies, played a few albums, gone slightly mad and amassed two hours' worth of usable samples. And then he made a record. When his girlfriend heard what he'd done, she burst into tears and left him. Three pressing plants in Europe refused to have anything to do with this "psychological garbage" (Empire's words), largely because if the Presley Foundation discovered who was responsible for this mighty sonic necrophilia, they'd quite happily sue. His own DHR label wisely kept their distance. Perhaps foolishly, Empire pressed up a handful of CD copies for some DJ friends in Australia he was to visit when ATR toured there. One year later, in a New York record store, Empire bought a vinyl copy of the record with a proper sleeve and a label, the dubious El Turco Loco ('The Mad Turk'). He was thrilled.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2010, 05:41 PM   #62
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
just found out they are playing dublin next month...kinda gotta go!
Old 09.19.2010, 11:21 PM   #63
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
Playing Oct. 7th in Vancouver. I'm so excited, I'd never expected them to fill the void left by Carl Crack.
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2010, 03:23 AM   #64
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I'll be seeing them on the Glasgow date.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2014, 03:43 PM   #65
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Still the most perfect band imaginable.

Fuck yeah. Why couldn't this trend of obnoxiously fierce hardcore music continued? These folks destroyed conventional electronic music boundaries, and did it with sharp fucking teeth. Especially magical that it can make Glice and myself agree sincerely

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2014, 12:47 AM   #66
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
When they announced their reunion, I went on a Twitter rant about how it wasn't ATR without Hanin or Carl and Alec responded, telling me it wasn't my band and that I didn't know and that people were going crazy for their live shows. I told him that I respected him but that I didn't consider it ATR.

Months later, I got to interview Alec (I didn't mention the Twitter flamewar) turns out he was a gracious person, a total pleasure to interview and I got to ask him about the reunion without the original members, he gave me a straight up answer.

Shortly after, I got to see them live and it was so amazing I didn't expect it. I slammed for the first time in years.

So yeah, still a very important band for me.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2014, 01:22 AM   #67
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
When they announced their reunion, I went on a Twitter rant about how it wasn't ATR without Hanin or Carl and Alec responded, telling me it wasn't my band and that I didn't know and that people were going crazy for their live shows. I told him that I respected him but that I didn't consider it ATR.

Months later, I got to interview Alec (I didn't mention the Twitter flamewar) turns out he was a gracious person, a total pleasure to interview and I got to ask him about the reunion without the original members, he gave me a straight up answer.

Shortly after, I got to see them live and it was so amazing I didn't expect it. I slammed for the first time in years.

So yeah, still a very important band for me.

The show at Lunario, right? If so, I was there as well. I loved it despite the technical flaws (Alec Empire seemed really pissed off at times that the vocals were just too low in the mix). I was bruised for days.

Here's some pics for you, which my brother managed to snap among the chaos

I love this band. "Live at Brixton Academy 1999" is the one that blew my mind completely (I had discovered them through the "Spawn" soundtrack, and my interest in them would later grow due in part to the association with Nine Inch Nails). That was the first record of theirs that I ever came across. Nic Endo's "Cold Metal Perfection" is a huge favorite of mine as well.

I've been listening to their music (Atari Teenage Riot, Nic Endo, Alec Empire, and Hanin Elias) a lot during the last couple of years (I was really excited to know they got back and I am looking forward to the new record). Recently, I've been hooked to the Bandcamp remasters as well (should buy the lot of them eventually)... They are a very interesting bunch of people to me too, in pretty much any kind of context: Musical, political, or otherwise (even trolling).

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth