Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Sun City Girls are Wacked and Wonderful!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.20.2013, 10:52 AM   #421
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Man, I went to the record store last week, and the dude was kind enough to put on a Sun City Girls record I wanted to check out. It was a double LP of very early tape experiments. it was tedious.

Then he told me that was not too representative of their output and put on a live concert of the Sun City Girls and I listened to that, and it was noodly and boring in every respect.

Just my experience.
Old 10.07.2013, 03:47 PM   #422
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
http://beta.forcedexposure.com/Revie...ibleHands.aspx
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2014, 04:42 PM   #423
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
the latest missive from SRB:

Quote:
As some of you may know, I am not a very big fan of Facebook. In fact, I'm surprised it's still up and running and that you’re all still here. Man, somebody just last week told me that Rou Leed passed away? Shit, is Paul McCartney still dead? What else did I miss? Who had babies? C’mon, who’s repopulating? It’s been over a year since I deleted the original SRB Facebook page and holy snapping arseholes, what a year it’s been. I relinquished a fair amount of dead weight, crawled out from underneath the house, and since I was homeless, decided to venture out of the country, eventually stowing away on the USS Fuckstick. Next thing I knew I was living in a converted sheep house on the grounds of a fancy estate built in 1722 on the outskirts of Geneva, Switzerland, near the Lake Geneva shoreline (insert Deep Purple reference here) - how that carrier got into a landlocked lake is still a mystery to me. Regardless, this particular estate had a well documented history of hosting clandestine meetings over the years between some of the world's biggest movers and shakers: bankers, judges, media moguls, corporate CEOs, presidents, prime ministers, generals, popes, pedophiles, ambassadors, and a whole slew of other foreign dignitaries, perhaps even Bono himself. While in the land of watches, cheese and chocolate, I managed to record over six hours of new music. When the weather got cold I hightailed it over to SE Asia where I recorded more new material and continued to work on a number of secret projects. On the way I made a quick stop in Moscow but never left the airport transit zone. I was there just long enough to trade briefcases with a client. I have spent the past four months in Thailand. I would like to make it clear that I have had nothing to do with any of the protests or violent clashes that have been taking place in Thailand over the past 4 months. It’s a coincidence. That’s all it is. Did I mention I’ve made some recordings? Right now there’s a gecko outside my window saying “Fuck Me” over and over! I will be landing in Cairo in a few hours - it’s Spring!

What was I….oh, Facebook! Yeah, so 2014 is going to be a wild ride, see? Things are happening. Can you feel it? Somethings not quite right. For example, I have three new vinyl releases coming out real quick-like, probably before this paragraph ends, and they’re all fucking swell. And who the hell knows, there could be even more before the year passes. It’s hard to get the facts nowadays. Then there’s the SRB Fall clothing line, the publishing house, the updated website, and of course, the lawsuits. I’ve got a European tour starting soon and I am planning to do a US tour this summer. But since I have been away for so long, I have to ask - is it still legal for musicians to tour in the US? Either way, there is so much happening and I want to make sure that the all the pertinent information gets out to you, the people. Yeah, power to the people. Right on, man! This is why I’ve levitated back: according to my sources at the NSA, CIA, DHS, FEMA, and many of the other alphabet soup agencies, it has been determined that even though it has reached its golden years, when creeping dementia finally begins to take hold, Facebook is STILL the number one place to gather…..I mean SHARE information. And it’s all because of people like you! So here it is - the new official NSA monitored Sir Richard Bishop Facebook page - same as the old one. May it fall flat on it’s face!
Old 07.03.2014, 10:06 AM   #424
narlus
100%

east coast dates of Alvarius b:

ALVARIUS B and SAM SHALABI East Coast Tour

August 2014

From Cairo, Alvarius B and opener Sam Shalabi play shows this summer in NY, RI, MA, ME, and Montreal.

The first 75 people at the door each night will receive a free Poon Village Records screenprinted, not-for-sale, tour-only 7" pressed at Gotta Groove Record Pressing, featuring two unreleased recordings by Alvarius B and artwork by Byron Coley. Please purchase tickets in advance.

Free Poon Village Records screenprinted, not-for-sale, tour-only 7"
Thurs. 08/14 – Brooklyn, NY, Union Pool
Fri. 08/15 – Brooklyn, NY, Union Pool
http://union-pool.com/

Sat. 08/16 – Pawtucket, RI, Machines With Magnets
http://machineswithmagnets.com/

Sun. 08/17 – Boston, MA, Johnny D’s
http://johnnyds.com/

Mon. 08/18 – Portland, ME, Portland Empire
http://www.portlandempire.com/

Wed. 08/20 – Northampton, MA, Feeding Tube
http://www.facebook.com/FeedingtubeRecords

Fri. 08/22 – Montreal, PQ, CA, La Vitrola
http://lavitrola.ca/

Sat. 08/23 – Montreal, PQ, CA, La Plante
Old 07.23.2014, 04:55 AM   #425
Jim72
little trouble girl

Jim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's assesJim72 kicks all y'all's asses
I've only heard Torch of the Mystics and Funeral Mariachi, potentially another one years ago. Need to get stuck into their discog at some point
Jim72 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2014, 07:22 PM   #426
pad_023
the destroyed room

pad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's asses
Sir Richard Bishop just made 12 albums available for free on his website

http://deliradio.com/sir-richard-bishop
pad_023 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2014, 02:22 PM   #427
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Danke!
Old 07.27.2015, 07:48 PM   #428
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
2 hr SCG streaming radio thing...

https://soundcloud.com/n_u_t_s/perfe...-2nd-july-2015
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2015, 01:20 AM   #429
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Nice, thanks
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2017, 08:30 PM   #430
Cooking With Satan
little trouble girl

Cooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's asses
From Sun City Girls' Facebook:

Quote:
Just Announced: CLANDESTINE QUARTET (Alan Bishop, Richard Bishop, Chris Corsano, Michael Flower) will be performing a live set of new material on September 15th in London. Full details and ticket link on the event page.

"Sun City Girls, was one of the most fiercely independent, challenging and totally unpredictable bands to have operated outside of the mainstream. Sun City Girls embraced and subverted styles and tropes from various genres and cultures, creating a blend of deranged surf, Eastern-but-not-Eastern free improvisation, stateless folk, avant-mysticism and whatever else you want to call it.

Sun City Girls disbanded in 2007, following the death of drummer Charles Gocher. The Sun City name could never be revived without the mad versatile genius of Gocher, a ‘high priest of the outside’ – a line from Alan Bishop’s touching tribute to Gocher in Perfect Sound Forever. The Bishops have only infrequently performed together since, notably on the Brothers Unconnected tour, instead focusing on their personal endeavours: Richard, on free rock outfit Rangda, and solo work under his Sir Richard Bishop guise; Alan, on his project Alvarius B, alongside bands The Invisible Hands, and Dwarfs of East Agouza. And of course, there’s Sublime Frequencies, the label that Alan co-owns with Hisham Mayet, a label that resists any form of cultural gatekeeping, releasing artists and music not represented in any music magazine’s false idea of a ‘canon’.

So how do they go about playing together in a band again, without the deft hand of Charlie Gocher? They’ve enlisted drummer Chris Corsano, an extraordinary percussionist and improvisor, a member of Rangda (with Richard Bishop and Ben Chasny), and known for his work with saxophonist Paul Flaherty. Corsano has performed with Jim O’Rourke, Joe McPhee, Bill Nace (Vampire Belt), Jandek, Bjork, and countless others. They’re also joined by Mick Flower – who has regularly performed with Corsano as Flower-Corsano, and is best known as a member of ecstatic drone ensemble Vibracathedral Orchestra.

Together, they’re hiding away for a week in a studio to write a completely new set of material. And what will it sound like? Who knows. Perhaps the Bishops have found kindred spirits in the form of Flower-Corsano. Or perhaps they’ve just found two new figures to spar with. Whatever the case, this is an unmissable opportunity to witness a performance from the unparalleled brothers of avant-everything".
Cooking With Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
192021 22
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth