Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page 2Michigan vs. 1Ohio State
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.18.2006, 01:43 PM   #1
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Today is the much awaited Michigan - Ohio State rivalry game. W/ much more than just the old rivalry at stake. The winner of this game is on their way to the BCS National Championship game, Troy Smith is a definite Heisman winner if he wins today over Michigan, & supposidly however large the amount the winner wins by may decide if we have a re-match in the championship game. This game has never meant soo much, until today.

As some of you may know, legendary former Michigan head coach Bo Schembekler died this week at the age of 77. My heart & prayers go out to his family & loved ones. I can only imagine how this will affect the motivation of the Michigan players today.

But facts are facts, Troy Smith & the Buckeye offense are just too much for any defense to handle. I don't care who it is. We've already beaten a #2 team this season, on the road no less. So I see no indication of Michigan making ths more than just a stepping stone for OSU on their to a national title.

I know there are a select few sports fans on this msg board, so I thought I'd ask you for thoughts or comments on todays game, & what were to happen as the result of it.

BTW...GO BUCKS!
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2006, 02:45 PM   #2
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Hogwash.
Go Auburn. (the iron bowl's on today. that's a MAN's rivalry)

Despite the fact that I'm not a big fan of the BCS, and therefore I'm not a huge fan of the National Championship (under the Bowl Championship Series, at least), go Wolverines!
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2006, 02:58 PM   #3
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
Yeah, nothing compares to the competition and rivalries of college football in the South. OSU is good, but they play very few ranked teams (They would probably beat most teams they play, but they do need a tougher schedule in my opinion). In general, Big 10 football is boring - one or two good teams dominate a conference filled with fluff. In contrast look at the SEC - 5 teams in the top 25. I think the ACC has 6 in the top 25. OSU is probably better than the best SEC team this year, but overall the SEC is more competitive than the Big 10 and much more fun to watch.

I'll be watching the Auburn/Alabama game instead. I'd like to see Michigan knock off OSU though.
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2006, 07:26 PM   #4
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Mich 39
Osu 42
-George Carlin
Old 11.18.2006, 08:17 PM   #5
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah.

More importantly Auburn 22/Alabama 15
Old 11.18.2006, 08:22 PM   #6
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicfollower
Yeah.

More importantly Auburn 22/Alabama 15

Congrats to yr Auburn Tigers, but that game had NO signifigance other than the fact that it was a rivalry game. Much more was at stake today in Columbus.
-George Carlin
Old 11.18.2006, 08:24 PM   #7
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

The only signifigance it held was whether michigan was going to play ohio state or not in the national championship.
Old 11.18.2006, 10:35 PM   #8
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
well, i lived in the south until last month...but i have familia from ohio, and i actually thought OSU would win it all this year...this is the first OSU game i've ever really wanted to watch, because i do know what the rivalry means to ohioans/michiganites....and of course this is the first osu game i couldnt watch being in australia now...oh well, anyone know what the attendance was? can't find it for some reason...
davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2006, 10:37 PM   #9
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
it was over 100,000. I switched back and forth between games today. The OSU/Michigan game was a great football game. It's a shame there is not more football like that in the Big 10.
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2006, 12:18 AM   #10
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
well, i lived in the south until last month...but i have familia from ohio, and i actually thought OSU would win it all this year...this is the first OSU game i've ever really wanted to watch, because i do know what the rivalry means to ohioans/michiganites....and of course this is the first osu game i couldnt watch being in australia now...oh well, anyone know what the attendance was? can't find it for some reason...

It was an Ohio Stadium record of 105,708, I believe. Give or take.
-George Carlin
Old 11.19.2006, 09:02 PM   #11
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
You're all wrong. It is well documented that Nebraska - Oklahoma is college footballs greatest rivalry. Granted things have changed since 1996, but Nebraskans and Oklahomans would still agree, its sort of special when we play eachother. Rivals not because they border eachother, or in the same state, but because both have always been damn good.

13 times Nebraska and Oklahoma have played eachother as the two top ranked teams. 13!!

Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth