Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I applied
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.18.2008, 07:30 PM   #21
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i hope you're enjoying your temporary idleness. allow me to recommend a movie i just saw (rohmer's la collectionneusse), as it includes ample meditations on the subject of doing nothing, and doing nothing as a virtue, and such french intellectual wankery. but a delicious movie, really.
Thanks for the recommendation.

I look after my two year old son, five year old daughter and 33 year old working wife. There's nothing idle about my life.

I'm off now to polish the plastic fruit.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2008, 07:33 PM   #22
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
hi !@#$%!!

good luck, alex

schizo! hey!!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2008, 07:34 PM   #23
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
schizo! hey!!
Perv.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2008, 07:35 PM   #24
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Perv.
bah, you english!
Old 11.18.2008, 07:36 PM   #25
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Thanks for the recommendation.

I look after my two year old son, five year old daughter and 33 year old working wife. There's nothing idle about my life.

I'm off now to polish the plastic fruit.

ha ha ha @ plastic fruit.

i was a housekeeper for sometime (being an illegal immigrant makes it hard to find work) and eh, it was frustrating-- but then again, there were no kids, so that's another beast.

the wife and i are thinking of part-homeschooling our future kids. that shit must be awesome.
Old 11.18.2008, 09:53 PM   #26
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Once again a perfectly harness thread about something somewhat wholesome has gone into the gutter...
Old 11.18.2008, 10:34 PM   #27
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
congratulations man.

questions:

1) why only california? (just curious)

2) which is the one you really want? (i'm guessing not davis)

3) what are you planning to study?
1) I decided on staying in California because I do like it here. The only other places I'd want to go would be east coast, maybe. And then, that is just a huge change that I don't necessarily want to make, just distance wise, it makes things harder and a little scarier. Plus there are a lot of out of state fees for going to colleges from other states.

2) I want Berkeley. I love the area. I love the school, the campus. It is such a good distance away too. It is far enough away for a lot of indepences but about a $50-150 plane ticket or 8 hr drive home. Not that I will ever want to come home, but that is a convenience. Then I can come down more frequently during breaks to visit my little sister who is only 8 years old. It trips me out to think that I'll be gone most of the time, for most of her life, and even after that. It is kind of sad. I have friends that go there now. One of them, who is a freshman now, and I want to get an apartment together. It'd be great.

UCLA and UC Santa Barbara are basically tied for second.

3) I guess I am planning on studying English. I honestly think that being a teacher would be cool. I've had a few teachers that have really had a great impact on my life, and I am really thankful for having them, and I bet it means putting up with a ton of little shits for a few good ones, but I don't know. Right now it seems like a good idea. Summers off. Holidays off. But it is all up in the air still.
Old 11.18.2008, 10:41 PM   #28
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
1) I decided on staying in California because I do like it here. The only other places I'd want to go would be east coast, maybe. And then, that is just a huge change that I don't necessarily want to make, just distance wise, it makes things harder and a little scarier. Plus there are a lot of out of state fees for going to colleges from other states.

2) I want Berkeley. I love the area. I love the school, the campus. It is such a good distance away too. It is far enough away for a lot of indepences but about a $50-150 plane ticket or 8 hr drive home. Not that I will ever want to come home, but that is a convenience. Then I can come down more frequently during breaks to visit my little sister who is only 8 years old. It trips me out to think that I'll be gone most of the time, for most of her life, and even after that. It is kind of sad. I have friends that go there now. One of them, who is a freshman now, and I want to get an apartment together. It'd be great.

3) I guess I am planning on studying English. I honestly think that being a teacher would be cool. I've had a few teachers that have really had a great impact on my life, and I am really thankful for having them, and I bet it means putting up with a ton of little shits for a few good ones, but I don't know. Right now it seems like a good idea. Summers off. Holidays off. But it is all up in the air still.

i just interrupted dinner preparations to quickly say HOLY SHIT YOU COULD BE SCHIZO'S CLASSMATE!

ok. gotta go back.

BEST WISHES!

ps- for some reason i had figured you for law school. the debate, the interest in politics, all that. well who knows, there is time.

must.. not burn... rice...

see ya
Old 11.18.2008, 11:20 PM   #29
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

that is what still drives me to want to teach, too (the great teachers that help you stick it out, and show you all the opportunities you have, amongst all the fuckers who make you want to leave and act as though they HATE being at their job every day..)

good luck, hope you make the college you want.
Old 11.18.2008, 11:29 PM   #30
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i just interrupted dinner preparations to quickly say HOLY SHIT YOU COULD BE SCHIZO'S CLASSMATE!

ok. gotta go back.

BEST WISHES!

ps- for some reason i had figured you for law school. the debate, the interest in politics, all that. well who knows, there is time.

must.. not burn... rice...

see ya
I actually am considering law school. I put it in the last post as an after thought, but substituted it for "it's all up in the air" because I'm not sure if I want to commit it to text. Haha. It's something of which I'm incredibly unsure. But I could do my English major, and then do the law school which happens often for lawyers (right?). Anyway, if I become a lawyer or go into law it'll probably be because I watched too much Will & Grace.
Old 11.18.2008, 11:30 PM   #31
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

And thanks to all who said "good luck" or any variation. I'm excited and nervous.

I can't believe I have to wait until March for acceptance letters.
Old 11.18.2008, 11:52 PM   #32
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

post-desert incursion to say yeah, your decision makes perfect sense, you have a top-rated school right there in your own state, a good chance for scholarships etc,

and yeah, ha ha, a lot of lawyers study english first. you can take philosophy courses also and what not. hm, didnt pbradley study philosophy... somewhere near?

in any case, i'm hoping (perhaps foolishly) that obama's education reforms will include recruiting teachers from the top percentiles instead of teh bottom as they do now, and so teaching would not be such a shitty career path in america as it is now-- look out in years to come.

if not, teach for america-- look into that program, they recruit the cream of the crop & send you to teach for 3 years pay your everything etc-- a great opportunity.

well i must be off (again) so i can't reply, but another time i hope we can-- in any case, relax, you're a smart guy, you'll be fine, you're definitely in.

and if you happen to go to santa barbara i know someone who teaches film there. but let's hope it's berkeley!
Old 11.19.2008, 12:15 AM   #33
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Quote:
but let's hope it's berkeley!
Definitely. They have the cutest rugby uniforms.

Old 11.19.2008, 12:27 AM   #34
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
when i applied to university it was a nightmare. the system had just changed so that we had to pay fee's and it was nt fun trying to work it all out.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2008, 12:40 AM   #35
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

I had to pay $240 to apply to all those schools. $60 for each school. RIP OFF.
Old 11.19.2008, 01:38 AM   #36
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
Once again a perfectly harness thread about something somewhat wholesome has gone into the gutter...

O.k., so when has any branch of the University of California ever been by any stretch of the imagination "wholesome"???
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2008, 01:41 AM   #37
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
And thanks to all who said "good luck" or any variation. I'm excited and nervous.

I can't believe I have to wait until March for acceptance letters.

Good luck. If you know you got one of them, you don't need to sweat it out too bad. If you thought it was worth applying, you probably will be accepted. The hard part is paying for it, if you are.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2008, 01:48 AM   #38
jakeonguitar
bad moon rising

jakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's asses
I was intending on applying to all UCs but then I found out I didn't have enough "approved" math credits. (I graduated from a private school, and completed junior and senior years together out of my own choice. Little did I know, the UC application does not consider my trigonometry to be college-preparatory math.)

So, I'm stuck in Sacramento City College for two years until I can transfer. I guess this is a little bit better because I can save a good $20,000 and have better chances of getting into my top-choice school, UCLA.

Just curious, Alex's Trip, what were your credentials? GPA, extra curricculars, SAT/ACT, etc.

(Oh, and good luck!)

jakeonguitar is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2008, 02:05 AM   #39
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Congrats, hope you get into your school.
✌➬ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2008, 07:01 AM   #40
Ripchord
the destroyed room

Ripchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I had to pay $240 to apply to all those schools. $60 for each school. RIP OFF.
Tell me about it, I'm applying to 14 schools

Ripchord is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth