Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page For all NFL fanatics on the forum
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.14.2008, 03:13 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I just found out yesterday that HBO is cancelling the single greatest NFL highlights show, INSIDE THE NFL, after over 32 years of broadcasting the highest quality NFL Films footage highlights and the most intelligent and least bombastic analysis of the games available.

This was a severe shock to me. I grew up without HBO and it was not until last year that I could afford HBO. I got to watch one season of Inside The NFL and it was GOLORIOUS! oh my god HBO has relegated us football NFL fanatics to the pit of sdespair that is FOX, ABC, and NBC programming. fuck. what assholes.

I implore any of you that truly loved that show to please write to HBO and voice your extreme displeasure, as I am doing today.

HBO Sports
1100 Avenue of The Americas
New York NY 10036

Here is the letter I am sending

To Whom It May Concern:

I want to personally voice my severe displeasure with the cancellation of the HBO SPORTS show, Inside The NFL. My name is Roberto X. Torres-Torres and I live in Houston Texas.
I have been a football fanatic, specifically an NFL football fanatic, since 1981 when I fell in love with the Houston Oilers. I have followed the league and the myriad of network shows about the NFL for these past twenty-seven years. I would read articles and related stories which would mention a television show, on HBO only, called Inside the NFL. When I was younger my family could not afford HBO and after I became an adult I always wanted to get HBO for it’s sports coverage and, specifically, it’s coverage of the NFL through the show Inside the NFL.
Last year I managed to set aside enough money to be able to purchase HBO service through my cable company. I was enraptured when I began my devoted viewing every Wednesday of the single greatest NFL highlights and recap and analysis show on television. I just simply adore this show. Inside The NFL contained no superfluous storylines, no needless chatter between talking heads, no bombastic buffoonery like the broadcast network’s NFL shows. What it did contain was gloriously shot NFL Films footage, games highlighted in a manner inconceivable on broadcast networks, with over half the broadcast devoted to highlights, intelligent commentators who made me appreciate how much they cared for the game, and impeccable production qualities. Inside The NFL was the single bastion of intelligent discussion about football, the NFL, and it’s many issues on television. I enjoyed it so much, I felt terrible as the season wrapped up, knowing that I would not get to watch my favorite television show until next season.
Then, the un-imaginable happened. After over thirty years as the pre-eminent NFL show on all of television, I read in the paper that Inside The NFL has been cancelled. CANCELLED! I was able to enjoy just one season of this show and it angers me nearly to tears how ridiculously foolish and ignorant this decision was and is. I implore you, I kneel down and beg you, please re-consider and bring this greatest of all sports shows back from the dead. You are doing all of football nation a disservice by canceling this show, and by virtue of this you are relegating the millions of devoted, loyal, die-hard NFL fanatics who so loved your show and programming to the gutter that is FOX, NBC, and ABC’s football shows. Inside The NFL was the Rolls Royce of sports programming and there will always be a market for quality. I sincerely hope you will understand that what you have done has hurt me deeply, as a football fanatic, and that if you do not bring back Inside The NFL I will be canceling my HBO subscription, and asking every single football fanatic I know to do likewise. Please reconsider your decision.

Sincerely Yours,

Roberto X. Torres-Torres
Old 02.14.2008, 03:30 PM   #2
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Well, you can take comfort in the knowledge that the NFL are still taking up tons of news time on news shows, pre-empting regular programming on a regular basis, clogging up streets with facepainters in pickup trucks and in a lot of cases forcing taxpayers to subsidize their stadiums.

In other words, it still has a presence on the American landscape, however diminished that presence may be.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2008, 03:34 PM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
it's not the same...
Old 02.14.2008, 03:36 PM   #4
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
At least it gave you the opportunity to use the phrase "bombastic buffoonery" in a serious letter.

Silver lining.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2008, 03:36 PM   #5
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I just found out yesterday that HBO is cancelling the single greatest NFL highlights show, INSIDE THE NFL, after over 32 years of broadcasting the highest quality NFL Films footage highlights and the most intelligent and least bombastic analysis of the games available.

This was a severe shock to me. I grew up without HBO and it was not until last year that I could afford HBO. I got to watch one season of Inside The NFL and it was GOLORIOUS! oh my god HBO has relegated us football NFL fanatics to the pit of sdespair that is FOX, ABC, and NBC programming. fuck. what assholes.

I implore any of you that truly loved that show to please write to HBO and voice your extreme displeasure, as I am doing today.

HBO Sports
1100 Avenue of The Americas
New York NY 10036

Here is the letter I am sending

To Whom It May Concern:

I want to personally voice my severe displeasure with the cancellation of the HBO SPORTS show, Inside The NFL. My name is Roberto X. Torres-Torres and I live in Houston Texas.
I have been a football fanatic, specifically an NFL football fanatic, since 1981 when I fell in love with the Houston Oilers. I have followed the league and the myriad of network shows about the NFL for these past twenty-seven years. I would read articles and related stories which would mention a television show, on HBO only, called Inside the NFL. When I was younger my family could not afford HBO and after I became an adult I always wanted to get HBO for it’s sports coverage and, specifically, it’s coverage of the NFL through the show Inside the NFL.
Last year I managed to set aside enough money to be able to purchase HBO service through my cable company. I was enraptured when I began my devoted viewing every Wednesday of the single greatest NFL highlights and recap and analysis show on television. I just simply adore this show. Inside The NFL contained no superfluous storylines, no needless chatter between talking heads, no bombastic buffoonery like the broadcast network’s NFL shows. What it did contain was gloriously shot NFL Films footage, games highlighted in a manner inconceivable on broadcast networks, with over half the broadcast devoted to highlights, intelligent commentators who made me appreciate how much they cared for the game, and impeccable production qualities. Inside The NFL was the single bastion of intelligent discussion about football, the NFL, and it’s many issues on television. I enjoyed it so much, I felt terrible as the season wrapped up, knowing that I would not get to watch my favorite television show until next season.
Then, the un-imaginable happened. After over thirty years as the pre-eminent NFL show on all of television, I read in the paper that Inside The NFL has been cancelled. CANCELLED! I was able to enjoy just one season of this show and it angers me nearly to tears how ridiculously foolish and ignorant this decision was and is. I implore you, I kneel down and beg you, please re-consider and bring this greatest of all sports shows back from the dead. You are doing all of football nation a disservice by canceling this show, and by virtue of this you are relegating the millions of devoted, loyal, die-hard NFL fanatics who so loved your show and programming to the gutter that is FOX, NBC, and ABC’s football shows. Inside The NFL was the Rolls Royce of sports programming and there will always be a market for quality. I sincerely hope you will understand that what you have done has hurt me deeply, as a football fanatic, and that if you do not bring back Inside The NFL I will be canceling my HBO subscription, and asking every single football fanatic I know to do likewise. Please reconsider your decision.

Sincerely Yours,

Roberto X. Torres-Torres

that was a great show. you should check out the nfl network. 24 hour nfl and it's not lame like fox and cbs.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2008, 04:04 PM   #6
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

In the USA you can only see NFL network if you get direct TV sattelite, which I cannot afford.

Old 02.14.2008, 04:08 PM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
At least it gave you the opportunity to use the phrase "bombastic buffoonery" in a serious letter.

Silver lining.

You're right! Thanks TermINDIEnator!
Old 02.14.2008, 06:37 PM   #8
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

Kloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
In the USA you can only see NFL network if you get direct TV sattelite, which I cannot afford.

That's not true. Maybe in your area, but if you have cable and get HBO, give it another check for NFL network. The problem is that it is still probably going to be allocated to a sports package or something.
Kloriel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth