Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Testing my limits (vitamin C)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.05.2007, 05:22 PM   #41
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Rhys Chatham
I'd like to start eating more healthy than I do now. Once I get on my own, I can set up my own menu.

When I was your age, I didn't always have an easy way other than the bus or relying on friends and/or roommates to go to the grocery store. Now, I make sure to go (I usually walk, but live nearby) the grocery store once or twice a week.
When I was younger, I also had a hard time relinquishing money to the grocery store because I simply didn't have it (because I went to the bar every night, bought cigs every day, and a bag every week, and that would effectively clean me out). Paying bills would be something that I would do out of the week's check that the week the bills were due and it usually meant bumming out until the next paycheck, when the cycle started all over again.

Eating healthy is especially expensive, but doesn't necessarily have to be all that much more expensive. Besides, if one is eating out at all, you can definitely afford to spend that money more wisely at the grocery store.

And then there's always the concern for the time one has to devote to preparing meals and young people usually opt not to spend any free time that way. There are so many healthy things that you can eat that really don't take much time though. I buy fish from the store that's pre-marinated. I buy a head of lettuce and spend a little more and get a pre-prepared vegetable tray that has my weekly assortment of raw material for salads. Salads or quesadillas, for instance, are pretty quick and some steamed shrimp (I buy it pre-steamed and pre-seasoned fro hte deli at the store and never frozen) or sushi is ready-to-eat cold right out of the freezer. Fruit and nuts are, of course, ready whenever you want to grab a bite too.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2007, 05:31 PM   #42
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i would avoid eating that much vit c unless you want to fuck up an organ and turn orange.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2007, 05:36 PM   #43
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
It'll make you piss deep yellow-to-dark orange, that's one thing it will do.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2007, 05:41 PM   #44
compulsive diarrhea, jico
100%

compulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's asses
semen contains vitamin c.

compulsive diarrhea, jico is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2007, 06:46 PM   #45
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
so that's why the gays do it!

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2007, 07:47 PM   #46
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Not to interesting really. But I've been reading up on vitamins and such things. But I've read that vitamin C is one of those things where you can have almost as much as you want (a couple of pounds will kill you). But I find it quite interesting. It seems other than overdose casuing death the only bad thing to come of it is diarheria ( which can be a pain in the ass, haha, but its worth trying).

if you want to try diarrhea you should patronize a couple of neighborhood trash cans for breakfast and you'll be set for at least a couple of days
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2007, 08:05 PM   #47
hat and beard
stalker

hat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
My cat died of kidney stones.

I'm currently dying of a kidney stone.

Seriously... Ow. I can't seem to get the little fucker through.

Perhaps my wanton consumption of Odwalla vitamin C beverages is to blame?
Old 02.06.2007, 04:41 AM   #48
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Consuming that much vitamin C won't kill you, but it could give you oral ulcers (Stomatitis) and your stomach acids will probably rise and burn your esophagus and throat.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2007, 09:41 AM   #49
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Consuming that much vitamin C won't kill you, but it could give you oral ulcers (Stomatitis) and your stomach acids will probably rise and burn your esophagus and throat.

If you use a buffered C that shouldn't be a problem.

If you use the cheap $1 a bottle C's you are probably doing more damage than good.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2007, 09:47 AM   #50
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by compulsive diarrhea, jico
semen contains vitamin c.

Nice! So if Sheriff rhys chatham runs out of suppliments, he has a free way of obtaining some in the meantime!
Old 02.06.2007, 09:52 AM   #51
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
If you use a buffered C that shouldn't be a problem.
If you use the cheap $1 a bottle C's you are probably doing more damage than good.

That's correct, but I prefer real fruit to pills.

Benefits of acidic and alkaline foods
Although it seems that acidic and alkaline foods are bad for health, they are critical for the survival of humans. Acidic foods provide humans with a large source of proteins, calcium, and vitamin C. Meat products, which are acidic are a vital source of proteins and calories. They contain essential amino acids, which are often lacking in alkaline foods. Meat products contain essential nutrients that are necessary for the growth and development in children, as well as for good health and well-being in adults. These nutrients include iron, zinc, and protein. Most meats contain all the necessary amino acids required for the human diet. Milk products, also acidic, are a great source of calcium, which is necessary for the bones and teeth of humans. Oranges and other sour fruits are rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C is a human vitamin, essential for life and for maintaining optimal health. It is used by the body for many purposes, including healing of injuries. Alkaline foods are generally recommended by doctors and homeopaths. As per RDA, humans should consume 80% alkaline foods for their daily diet. Alkalizing foods remove hydrogen ions from the body, making the body more alkaline. The optimal pH level of the blood is also slightly alkaline. Vegetables contain vitamin A, B, C, and D. They also contain carbohydrates and minerals, which are again essential for the body to function at optimal levels. Fruits are also a source of vitamins. Research has shown that consumption of fruits and vegetables can decrease the risk of heart disease and stroke. Therefore, there are compelling reasons to acknowledge that although acidosis and alkalosis are harmful to the body, acidic and alkaline foods are essential for the growth and development of human beings.

Buffering system
All cells need to maintain a buffering system. In all multicellular organisms, the fluid within and around the cell has a specific pH. This pH is kept constant through buffer systems. The two important biological buffer systems are the dihydrogen phosphate system and the carbonic acid system. The phosphate buffer system is the buffering system found inside the fluids of all cells. It consists of dihydrogen phosphate ions (H2PO4-) that act as hydrogen-ion donors (acid) and hydrogen phosphate ions (HPO42-) acting as hydrogen-ion acceptors (base). Both these ions are in equilibrium in the cell. The chemical equation given, shows this: H2PO4-(aq) H+(aq) + HPO42-(aq) If an excess of hydrogen ions enter the cell, the equilibrium shifts to the left, and similarly, an excess of hydroxide ions makes the equilibrium to shift to the right. Hemoglobin is another minor buffering agent that acts to correct the pH in the blood. The hemoglobin protein can bind a hydrogen ion to the protein or it can bind an oxygen molecule to its iron group. The carbonic acid-hydrogen carbonate ion buffer (bicarbonate ion buffer – discussed earlier) works throughout the body to maintain the pH of blood close to 7.40. The body maintains the buffer by eliminating either the acid (carbonic acid) or the base (hydrogen carbonate ions). Changes in carbonic acid concentration can be fixed quickly through increased or decreased respiration. Changes in hydrogen carbonate ion concentration, however, require hours to fix, since it requires the slow elimination through the kidneys.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2007, 04:05 PM   #52
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
Im using the top care brand 500mg ea.
It was on sale at the store so I don't know the actual cost.

Old 02.06.2007, 04:22 PM   #53
cuetzpalin
the end of the ugly

cuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's asses
hey! how's it going? do you pee orange yet?

Co-founder of uber-kool outsiders' club.
member of Pookie's fan club
cuetzpalin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2007, 06:23 PM   #54
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuetzpalin
hey! how's it going? do you pee orange yet?

nope. haven't had the squirts yet either. Actually quite the opposite. Must be the lack of fiber.

Old 01.06.2011, 09:12 AM   #55
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.anh-usa.org/action-alert-...tamin-c/Action Alert—Now the FDA Is Going After Vitamin C!

January 4, 2011

now-the-fda-is-going-after-vitamin-c/

The FDA has just notified small pharmacies that they will no longer be allowed to manufacture or distribute injectable vitamin C—despite its remarkable power to heal conditions that conventional medicine can’t touch. Please help reverse this outrageous decision!
Let’s get this straight. The government acknowledges the risk of a worldwide flu pandemic. It acknowledge[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]s that conventional drugs cannot cure big viruses-like the mononucleosis and hepatitis viruses, many influenza viruses, and many others. It acknowledges that many bacteria have become resistant to antibiotics and are killing increasing thousands. It acknowledges the risk of a worldwide drug-resistant TB pandemic.
Despite acknowledging all this, it now insists on wiping out one of the best potential treatments for these conditions and for certain cancers as well. And why is this being done? What possible rationale is offered? Because it’s dangerous? No. Because it can’t be patented and therefore won’t be taken through the standard FDA approval process. No matter that vitamin C is one of the least toxic components of our food supply and liquid forms of it have been used safely for decades.
By the way, here is what is not safe. Don’t substitute home-made vitamin C solution for pharmaceutical grade liquid. That is not safe for injection. If the FDA action leads someone to do that, the FDA should be held responsible for the results.
The government, instead of banning intravenous vitamin C, should instead be supporting research into it. Even though IV C is being used in burn units around the world, including in the US, and has been adopted by the military for this purpose, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) refuses to fund any studies using intravenous C in patients. There are privately funded studies currently underway, but of course these cannot continue if the FDA bans the substance.With at least one of the pharmacies, the FDA seems to be banning injectable magnesium chloride and injectable vitamin B-complex 100 as well. These two substances are routinely added to intravenous C to make the “Myers Cocktail,” used especially for conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome, and infectious diseases such as hepatitis, AIDS, mononucleosis, and flu. The FDA is not going after the Myers Cocktail directly, but is rather attacking each individual substance used to make the cocktail, and may conceivably be going after injectable vitamins and minerals in general, despite such injections being given under the care of a qualified physician.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2011, 09:24 AM   #56
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
nope. haven't had the squirts yet either. Actually quite the opposite. Must be the lack of fiber.

did you die yet?
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth