Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Help! Sonic Youth - Sister CD - Cover art not Richard Aved photo or black bar!?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.11.2013, 11:01 PM   #1
CircuitBent
empty page

CircuitBent has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
http://imgur.com/a/E6ONW

I got this a few years ago in NYC and I can not find another version of Sister anywhere on the internet like this. T

It also doesn’t have the Disneyland photo or a SKU. There is No identifying information is anywhere to be found - even on the spine and it’s still shrink-wrapped.

I don’t really want to open it, as I own the album on vinyl. I just wanted to know if this might be some kind of high quality bootleg or an import version.

THANKS!
CircuitBent is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2013, 01:41 AM   #2
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
What the.. so the panel of the child and the negative image of the girl are part of the physical artwork? There's literally nothing on the spines? With the bizarre tray liner and the "manufactured" artwork (the orange background made me think of this shirt but it doesn't have the full image) I'd have to say pirate, but I'd be very curious to know what was on the inside! (I approved your post, now open it! I kid..)
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2013, 08:32 AM   #3
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
must be hi quality boot/fake no?

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2013, 10:43 AM   #4
CircuitBent
empty page

CircuitBent has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Yeah, it’s very strange! I wanted to check in with you all to see if this was something that I just might have missed.

I think I may open it up.... okay I opened it

http://imgur.com/a/WWVpK

Sadly it’s a Bootleg, the CD was scratched too!! Hahaha the CD is similar to a burned CD-R using a the cheaper Replication process vs professionally produced Duplication process.

It blows my mind how much effort they put into doctoring the artwork. I do a fair amount of graphic design and this world have taken a decent effort. The edits not just thrown over top, they are embedded very well into the art work.

Odd.

Thanks!
CircuitBent is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2013, 12:49 PM   #5
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
just so that you know, if you don't do what a moderator tells you to do, you will be banned.

I assume it's fake too, but wonder what the rest of the booklet is like. We need Superman's X-ray eyes, but all we have here are Supermoderators
The front looks better than the original though, with the baby boy pic instead of blackness...

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2013, 02:04 PM   #6
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
I think since CircuitBent has less than 10 posts, every time they post a link a moderator needs to approve it. They opened the disc, check out the post above...my comments below.

HAHAHAHA. Sorry. That font really made me laugh out loud. Thank you very much for opening it up and satisfying our curiosity.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2013, 02:39 PM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Was it a North Korean bootleg effort to discredit the mighty skronk of Sonic Youth?
Old 12.12.2013, 04:24 PM   #8
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
probably, back in the day, not everyone could make such a copy of cd itself and cover art, so whoever had that possibilities could make few "bob" and get it into circulation somehow.

once a month me and friend of mine would make a way to closest city in Poland from our Slovak/Polish border to do a music shopping. Polish were really, really good in making hi quality bootlegs (copy-wise and artwork-wise) and they were cheap. I still have around 300 tapes ("originals") a home. Now we can debate about whole piracy issue, but that is not a topic. all i know, back in 90ties when cd was a new thing and absolutely not affordable for a teenager in post communist country, it was our only chance how to get to all sorts of music relatively cheap other than copying tapes. and thanks for that. by the way, some of the fakes were really, really good fakes in every aspect.

Old 12.12.2013, 04:37 PM   #9
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the sound waves created by the media are never fake!!!!!
Old 12.12.2013, 06:18 PM   #10
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the sound waves created by the media are never fake!!!!!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth