Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Jason of NNCK - Coach Fingers 8" lathe
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.29.2006, 08:47 AM   #1
fiddleford
empty page

fiddleford has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Does anyone on this here board have a copy of the Coach Fingers 'Evergreen' 8" lathe? Coach Fingers is the solo project of No Neck Blues Band guitarist Jason Meagher.

I'm a bit of a sado who likes to hear everything and anything that NNCK folk are involved in but can't find this anywhere, essentially just looking for a copy of the tracks and maybe a pic of the artwork. Have been putting together a NNCK devoted zine for a couple of years now and hope to have it out with details and pictures of all NNCK releases and related groups/recordings.

Any info or pics or recordings from any NNCK affiliates may well be in need. Especially on the look out for anything involving:

Beautiful Music Company
The Boze Ark Trio
Sapphire
Mammals Of Zod
Tenor Rising Drums Expanding
Fever Cap
Black Music

Plus anything else I might now know about!
fiddleford is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2006, 10:04 AM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddleford
Does anyone on this here board have a copy of the Coach Fingers 'Evergreen' 8" lathe? Coach Fingers is the solo project of No Neck Blues Band guitarist Jason Meagher.

I'm a bit of a sado who likes to hear everything and anything that NNCK folk are involved in but can't find this anywhere, essentially just looking for a copy of the tracks and maybe a pic of the artwork. Have been putting together a NNCK devoted zine for a couple of years now and hope to have it out with details and pictures of all NNCK releases and related groups/recordings.

Any info or pics or recordings from any NNCK affiliates may well be in need. Especially on the look out for anything involving:

Beautiful Music Company
The Boze Ark Trio
Sapphire
Mammals Of Zod
Tenor Rising Drums Expanding
Fever Cap
Black Music

Plus anything else I might now know about!

I can't help in the slightest, but best of luck on the quest. They'd better announce some British dates soon or I'm a-gonna whoop some asses. Keep us (or at least, me) in touch with the fanzine, I'm also the sort of saddo who'd read that.

There's a great live show on dimeadozen that I picked up (thanks to this board) a few weeks ago. I'll get round to converting it to mp3 soon enough and post it, if I remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2006, 10:17 AM   #3
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Again, I can't be of any help but would be pretty keen on seeing the finished zine....

I never saw that lathe for sale on any distro/online shops or I probably wouls have bought it. The only reference to it I saw was Byron Coleys capsule review in The Wire. I probably have that if you haven't already read it but I imgaine that's where you might have heard about it in the first place.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2006, 02:36 PM   #4
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
I think that is pretty rare. Meaning, you'll have to ask around to find it. Send an e-mail to yod, see if they have it, it might not be listed on the site. This is how I got some Mount Analog stuff.

Of course, yod is on vacation for the summer I believe.

Folks hold on to their NNCK stuff, good luck man.

Also, I've mentioned before about how there is no online discography for NNCK. We should compile one. I was ignored before....lets see.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2006, 02:43 PM   #5
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
Also, I've mentioned before about how there is no online discography for NNCK. We should compile one. I was ignored before....lets see.
Agreed, although I couldn't be much help seeing as I only have their more common stuff.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2006, 02:43 PM   #6
dnorsen
bad moon rising

dnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's asses
i saw coach fingers earlier this year with sunburned. great pysch-pop band. unfortunately i didnt take pictures of them that night, though i do have sunburned pics. also it should be noted while its jason's band 2 other members of nnck are in the band whose names space me but i know its the real skinny dude with a receding hairline that was throwing blood on himself this past nnck tour. he was on drums. the other member is the tall dark short brown hair guy, wears glasses too? he was on bass, with jason on guitar and vocals. a friend named matamala george on 2nd guitar. great band, would love to have some stuff....

Quote:
I think that is pretty rare. Meaning, you'll have to ask around to find it. Send an e-mail to yod, see if they have it, it might not be listed on the site. This is how I got some Mount Analog stuff.

Of course, yod is on vacation for the summer I believe.

Folks hold on to their NNCK stuff, good luck man.

dnorsen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2006, 02:52 PM   #7
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
It's really hard to know which nnck person is which but I think the drums guy is Dave Nuss...I think.

Some sort of discography is needed. I really need to hear some of the offshoot stuff as well. Especially Egypt is the Magic #
Old 06.29.2006, 02:56 PM   #8
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
I can start with posting what I have, and you guys fill in the holes. But since there is nothing to base it off of. I'm not sure how we'll know what is missing and such. Hopefully, with everyones help we can get an idea.

This will take a minute.
Old 06.29.2006, 03:09 PM   #9
dnorsen
bad moon rising

dnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's asses
actually check out either of these photos, but perferably the first as the first 4 guys on the left are coach fingers live... http://www.theserth.com/when/press/

Quote:
I can start with posting what I have, and you guys fill in the holes. But since there is nothing to base it off of. I'm not sure how we'll know what is missing and such. Hopefully, with everyones help we can get an idea.

This will take a minute.
dnorsen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2006, 02:02 PM   #10
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
it will be nice if you ll complile their discography..
http://www.scaruffi.com/vol5/noneckbl.html
(sorry, didnt want this thread to die!)

That's as much as I know. I don't know the names of any of the lathes or anything like that, but you've covered all the records I've got/ am aware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2006, 06:34 PM   #11
Iain
invito al cielo

The lathes have all got names like Cum/Thinner, Piss/Blood and stuff like that but I can't remember them properly. Shouldn't be too tough to find out. Also, they did an Ass Run LP, is that one there? I can't remember the exact name.
Old 07.04.2006, 07:59 PM   #12
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

There are things missing, and Iain is right, the lathes all have names like that. There are at least three cassettes, and a few recent things missing.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth