Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page fuck you haters, rather ripped is an awesome album
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.31.2008, 10:25 AM   #61
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Aye! Rather Ripped I think is pretty darn awesome. Pink Steam is a beautiful track. When I heard that live I was just blown away. I mean before that I was really into Reena and Incinerate.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2008, 10:30 AM   #62
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I remember reading an interview with T that said that RR was really inspired by tween shiz that Coco was into. I dnt know. It seems like an interesting idea, really. It's not THAT far removed from the Ciccone Youth concept. Maybe people will "get" RR 10 years from now and appreciate it more.

I'll take 3 more albums that sound like RR than anything that sounds like Ciccone Youth.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2008, 10:53 AM   #63
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I just think it is time for thurston to stop wtriting songs on acoustic guitar.

fuck the folk.

no! the acoustic is the best thing sonic ever did! Now the tunes have musical qualities! That is why I love post-1000 leaves era the most. I was at This Aint not Picnic when all their gear got jacked, and I could never have imagined that day that it would be the greatest blessing in disguise..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2008, 11:03 AM   #64
lechaoscestmoi
the destroyed room

lechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I thought that you had said it was the end of the thread earlier.
true that

lechaoscestmoi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2008, 11:23 AM   #65
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

mil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's asses
Rob have right.

mil_pl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2008, 11:28 AM   #66
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
RR is without any doubt SY's least good LP (it don't say "worse" on purpose).
It's just that saying it's awful doesn't make sense to me (sorry Adam) as it tops so many good Lps that were issued that same year.
It makes sense to say that everybody has an opinion and can express it; no prob; but it also makes sense to say that although it's far from the best, it's still a "nice" LP.
But for some people nice is not enough and i can understand that.

LET's AGREE TO DISAGREE!!!!!
Old 10.31.2008, 11:32 AM   #67
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I think thurston writing all his songson an acoustic guitaris exactly why Murray and RR sound so goddamn NORMAL, and normal to me is derogatory when to comes to music. The songs are good, and I rock to them (RR more than Murray cuz Murray is for naptime at the convalescent home) but they are not what I love about SY. I want to hear electricity, noise, feedback, soundscapes, riffs that sound like blenders, fuck, all that shit. Murray street and RR are the only teo albums my g/f likes and all she likes are shit slow jams, sade, amy winehouse, billy holliday, tony bennett, and passive shit like that.
Old 10.31.2008, 11:33 AM   #68
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
and EJST&NS is their worst album by FAR
Old 10.31.2008, 11:35 AM   #69
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I think thurston writing all his songson an acoustic guitaris exactly why Murray and RR sound so goddamn NORMAL, and normal to me is derogatory when to comes to music. The songs are good, and I rock to them (RR more than Murray cuz Murray is for naptime at the convalescent home) but they are not what I love about SY. I want to hear electricity, noise, feedback, soundscapes, riffs that sound like blenders, fuck, all that shit. Murray street and RR are the only teo albums my g/f likes and all she likes are shit slow jams, sade, amy winehouse, billy holliday, tony bennett, and passive shit like that.
wahahaha Rob my wife is just about the same and the only ones she can take are actually MS and RR hahahahahahaha
and i actually agree with you on the Thurston on acoustic thing, even if we're talking open tuning, it still sounds alot tamer yes.
Old 10.31.2008, 11:38 AM   #70
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
This thread is borderline trollsville.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2008, 11:38 AM   #71
greedrex
invito al cielo

Quote:
and EJST&NS is their worst album by FAR
i quite like it. and the sexy blue wax is a plus also, what a gem..... as far as the music goes, it blends really well with stuff like Sebadoh, pavement, and huh i like that so yeah.
I like 'em all anyway
so i'm not trying to judge which one is the best or the least.
waste of time.
I can appreciate the inner qualities of each regular LP.

but once again i can see why people keep on dissing RR and Experimental.they're "lighter" records which is fine by me but is not enough for most of you. I say we're lucky they're still releasing new LPs at all. cheer up!!!!
Old 10.31.2008, 11:39 AM   #72
greedrex
invito al cielo

Quote:
This thread is borderline trollsville.
don't insult Rob . he's been here for longer than most of you.
hah
Old 10.31.2008, 11:47 AM   #73
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedrex
I like 'em all anyway
so i'm not trying to judge which one is the best or the least.
waste of time.
I can appreciate the inner qualities of each regular LP.

Agreed. Throughout the years, every single album has at one point or another made me exclaim "Oh my God, I love this album!" for one reason or another.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2008, 12:16 PM   #74
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
4 pages? Jesus.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2008, 12:18 PM   #75
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Agreed. Throughout the years, every single album has at one point or another made me exclaim "Oh my God, I love this album!" for one reason or another.
Same.

Perhaps this makes me a piss-stained fanboy, but meh, so be it.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2008, 12:20 PM   #76
greedrex
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
4 pages? Jesus.
ha yeah!
Old 10.31.2008, 12:21 PM   #77
greedrex
invito al cielo

5 pages soon though.
Old 10.31.2008, 09:31 PM   #78
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

so how does that explain NYC Ghosts and Flowers and Sonic Nurse? those were also written on acoustics.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2008, 10:57 PM   #79
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
so how does that explain NYC Ghosts and Flowers and Sonic Nurse? those were also written on acoustics.
Are you sure about NYC Ghosts? Not saying you're wrong. Just wondering
cause that's fucking weird if it is so.
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2008, 12:10 AM   #80
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
Are you sure about NYC Ghosts? Not saying you're wrong. Just wondering
cause that's fucking weird if it is so.

That isn't what I've read. NYC Ghosts & Flowers was mostly the product of the band jamming extensively at Echo Canyon. It's the studio album that came out as a product of the first few SYRs and most of the songs the band had taken out and played live before there were even vocal tracks for them.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth