Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.13.2020, 10:01 PM   #24461
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
“let’s think of a crime as an international football match.”

Hmm, I dunno. if that really was the idea, why the huge emphasis on cars?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.13.2020, 10:12 PM   #24462
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Hmm, I dunno. if that really was the idea, why the huge emphasis on cars?
well, it’s totally a mini cooper commercial, just like it was in 2003. here they even drive it to the car dealer, lol.

and the english car beats all the italian police cars somehow. but it’s not... i don’t mean it so literally with the footbal thing.

it’s definitely an international competition though. maybe that’s why i see parallels.

-

i guess “it’s heavily informed by the discourse of international sports contests” is as specific as i can get right now
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2020, 04:40 PM   #24463
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses

Found this one on Netflix. It's a Spanish parody on Superman. When he flies towards Earth as a baby his spaceship hits a satellite and lands in Spain instead of the USA. Don't watch it with big expectations but it's a fun one. I watched it dubbed in English which adds more bizarreness to it (and also because I don't speak a word of Spanish except for Cerveza Por Favor)

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2020, 07:15 PM   #24464
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

Southern Comfort

A total gem that's slipped off the radar, for some reason.

Scarier than most 'horror' films I've seen.

It apparently had a big influence on Aliens.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM   #24465
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses

The latest edition of our (vaguely maligned) family movie nights. No complaints about this, though - how could you have any?

We then ended up watching this on DVD. Fairly bland, but well acted, and the characters are all fairly well-designed. (I'm also mildly embarrassed to note that Ash the hedgehog has basically the exact style I'm after.)
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM   #24466
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire

The latest edition of our (vaguely maligned) family movie nights. No complaints about this, though - how could you have any?

We then ended up watching this on DVD. Fairly bland, but well acted, and the characters are all fairly well-designed. (I'm also mildly embarrassed to note that Ash the hedgehog has basically the exact style I'm after.)

Ah, Toy Story's such a classic at this point, it's almost more a staple than a movie. It actually was the first movie I'd ever seen in a theater. Watched the latest one a few months ago. I'm kind of surprised they managed to keep the series fresh for such a long time. It's an incredibly rare thing.

Hm, never bothered with any of the Illumination movies. Haven't even seen any of the Despicable Me flicks yet. Yeah, I've heard they are mostly very bland. As in they cater to whatever is popular right now without much of a personality of their own and somehow managing to fail upwards in a way that rakes in some cash so they can pump out more of them. So I guess there's at least an inkling of entertainment in them.

Antagon is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM   #24467
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
. (I'm also mildly embarrassed to note that Ash the hedgehog has basically the exact style I'm after.)
haha!—are you a furry?
Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM   #24468
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
Ah, Toy Story's such a classic at this point, it's almost more a staple than a movie. It actually was the first movie I'd ever seen in a theater. Watched the latest one a few months ago. I'm kind of surprised they managed to keep the series fresh for such a long time. It's an incredibly rare thing.
I haven't seen 4, but from all accounts it's excellent.

Even on this, probably about the twentieth time I watched it, there's stuff you pick up on rewatches - they mention that one kid got Andy Battleship early on, and then Hamm and Mr. Potato Head are playing that later. And it's just all of the extra stuff that they fit in to animate it...god, it's brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
Hm, never bothered with any of the Illumination movies. Haven't even seen any of the Despicable Me flicks yet. Yeah, I've heard they are mostly very bland.
Despicable Me is a pretty good movie, actually - that is, the first one. The problem is that it got bogged down by the Minions, who've derailed it into a second...and a third...and a spinoff...and now a sequel to the spinoff, which at least offers Young Gru.

The Secret Life of Pets is apparently pure fluff - awesome if you're under eight years old, and tolerable if you're not. Admittedly, the less we talk about The Lorax the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
haha!—are you a furry?
Not in the slightest. I mean, anthropomorphism is cute, but it doesn't go further than that.

(The most annoying thing about furries is whenever I'm trying to plug in keywords to Twitter to try and find something lewd, I invariably end up with a bunch of furry art mixed in with the humans. I evidently need better sources. )
Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM   #24469
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

^^ hahahaaaa! maybe google knows what you’re *really* thinking about xD xD xD

eh, i jest, dont mind me, i had a couple of drinks and just got home
Old Yesterday, 10:45 PM   #24470
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Old Today, 12:17 PM   #24471
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

westworld (1973)

featuring yul brynner as the original terminator

it was so-so.
Old Today, 12:24 PM   #24472
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Laundromat
Very interesting story (about the Panama Papers) with some very big actors but the way it was written to screen was very annoying, and most of the actors were annoying as well especially the two bankers. The only highlight was Meryl Streep.

Old Today, 02:07 PM   #24473
NYCgaf16
bad moon rising

NYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's asses

really cool polish movie. you should definitely check it out
Old Today, 03:10 PM   #24474
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

ha ha ha! i missed this earlier
Old Today, 07:07 PM   #24475
_tunic_
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCgaf16

really cool polish movie. you should definitely check it out
I hope to see it, I never heard about it but just now read that each of the 65.000 frames is an oil painting on canvas
Oddly enough, I live real close to where he used to live (Nuenen which is a suburb of Eindhoven which is where I live). But all I know of Nuenen is that there's a good Chinese restaurant.

Old Today, 07:25 PM   #24476
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I haven't seen 4, but from all accounts it's excellent.

Indeed it is. However, just to adjust your expectations a bit: 4 is less of an ensemble movie than the others were. I mean, the ensemble is of course still there, but number 4 really zeroes in on the journey of a certain character. Thought that was a great choice. And thematically it was probably the most nuanced of the bunch.

Quote:
The Secret Life of Pets is apparently pure fluff - awesome if you're under eight years old, and tolerable if you're not.

Oh, then I actually have watched one of the Illumination movies. Wasn't my choice. A good friend if mine wanted to watch it. She was somewhat disappointed. My expectations were pretty much met (they weren't high). Pure fluff describes it quite well. I thought the way New York was depicted visually was pretty cool, but thematically and tonally it was all over the place. Don't remember much of the plot really, except for that bunny giving the whole thing a complete tonal whiplash whenever he appeared. Like, he wasn't necessary to the plot at all and every time his shenanigans were on display, it was a complete detour from what I remember.

Antagon is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
724112411741214122112221223 1224
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth