Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Worst Fucking show you've been to and Why!!!???
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.22.2006, 11:12 AM   #21
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
it was in Dublin 2001, i knew some of their songs from my mates but i'm not really a fan, dont get me wrong they were really good live but i was really drunk!

hahahahahahahahaha; i wish i could say i can relate but the only time i got super trashed at a show was when i drank some adulterated alcohol at a fatboy slim gig but it's still one of the best shows i've ever been...and i got into a huge fight with my girlfriend and someone walked all over me, stepping on my belly.

yeah, by that point megadeth weren't megadeth anymore. it was the dave mustaine show and that chap ain't so nice to watch
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2006, 02:17 AM   #22
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
the two worst shows I went to where because i got free tickets through work and I wanted to see the support band Kiosk.

The first one was kiosk, Love of Diagrams and Electralane.

Kiosk ruled, Love of Diagrams were boring post-joy division indie rock that I think a year later was on the OC soundtrack.

Electralane were boring, me and friends were pretty wasted and were hardcore dancing which really pissed off the prissy indie kids. We actually got a meantion in a Sydney street press for making the gig more interesting.

The next one was kiosk, the scare and Plot to Blow Up the Effiel Tower.

Kiosk ruled, I fell asleep during the Scare and Musically PTBUTET were OK but they were the most annoying fuckers i've ever had to look at. The singer thought he was really sexual and kept on dripping spit.
Old 04.23.2006, 03:34 AM   #23
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
Top 3 worst shows

3..Wolf Eyes opening for Sonic Youth was horrible. I wanted to leave but I didn't want to lose my spot.

2. I went to see a Missing 23rd (who I went for) show with Ill Repute opening up. Missing 23rd made a no show and everybody was pissed. People were getting super violent and skinheads were starting fights. It sucked.

1. I went to a skate shop party about 3 years ago and I saw the two bands that took local crappy bands to a new low. The first was The Carnies. They would play shitty metalcore with vocals like Cheech when he puts his mouth over the mic. The second band was Bedpan. A shitty skater punk band with catchy lyrics like "Bomb the middle east." The sad thing was that people loved it. I lost a lot of respect for that town and never took anybody from there seriously ever again.
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2006, 11:24 AM   #24
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Due to small number of shows I've seen, there's not much to tell.

Samara Lubelski played solo gig here late last year and it was really big letdown for me. It seemed like she played the same song ten times and didn't seem to be into it herself either.

Also this band Tuvalu, which I guess have some good reputation in alt. circles here, were appalling. They tried to rip off mars volta, but unfortunately I'm not into mars volta at all, and they were even worse.
Last wednesday my friends´ band was supporting a band called wiidakko, who were shite, but luckily my friends rocked that night.

There's some mediocre acts I've seen alot too, but they're not really worth mentioning.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2006, 10:35 PM   #25
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
last november, i went to a show that was the single most horrible show ever and the single most awesome show ever. the first three bands were shitty metal shit (the biggest of them was Devildriver (who played for an hour and sucked the entire time)). after 2.5 hours of shitty metal shit, i witnessed the most amazing show of my life: GWAR. they fucking ruled. gallons of fake blood, celebrity effegies, giant crack-addicted T-Rexes; it was awesome.

and the next night i saw Henry Rollins do spoken word. pretty damn awesome.
Old 04.23.2006, 10:57 PM   #26
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
metalcore shows are the most miserable things in the world
Old 04.23.2006, 11:12 PM   #27
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
I went to a country concert with my mother once. It was horrible, listening to some guy whine about his life, then praise love, then whine some more.
I don't remember his name though.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2006, 11:44 PM   #28
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
I've seen some shitty opening bands, but I can't recall a show that sucked all the way through. I'm pretty selective about what shows I go to.

A standout shitty band was Andromeda Strain who opened for Fugazi in 93. That band had that riot grrl Jessica Hopper in it and a Farfisa organ that was blasting loud killing your ears whenever it hit high notes. When they said it was their last song, the crowd clapped so loud.

There's a local band called Brice that opened for someone cool that I don't recall that is terrible. Quirky acoustic/electric white boy rappin' 311 sugar ray sounding motherfuckers.

Some bands are just so boring I don't remember seeing them at all.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 02:19 AM   #29
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
Worst show I've ever been to would have to be Tool a few years back. I'm not much of a Tool fan, I went with a Tool obsessed friend of mine cause he didn't really want to go alone. I paid $45 dollars for the ticket and that's exactly how many minutes they played for. Biggest fucking rip-off ever! If anyone ever goes to see them live, keep in mind that you're not actually paying to see the band play. You're paying to see a huge stage, gigantic, elaborate backdrops, laser lights, jumbo screens that play lame claymation movies, wires that hang from the ceiling to resemble lightning, and large, inflatable atoms that float above giant fans. They sounded good live, but c'mon! Yeah, thanks Tool... can I have my $45 back? The only thing I was pleased with was seeing Tomahawk, cause Mike Patton went nuts on stage and made fun of all these obnoxious Tool fans that kept booing him... that was awesome.
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 02:23 AM   #30
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Worst show I've ever seen: Paul McCartney 1990, Atlanta, GA, Georgia Dome.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 10:42 AM   #31
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
A band called Mandarin Movie last Saturday (opening for Mogwai). 70 minutes of painfully bad let's-play-we're-so-avantgurarde free jazz. oh dear, now this was bad.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2006, 07:07 AM   #32
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Spiritualized at the Royal Festival Hall is one that springs to mind.They were so tedious my friend fell asleep while standing up.He then went on to fall on the floor like a sack of potatoes

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2006, 01:32 PM   #33
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
I went and saw metric with a friend. It was quite a while ago when I used to like them. The spot was filled with 13 year olds and like seriously, it made you just want to punch them. They were swearing at me because I was standing in "their space", so I pushed the asshole one away. But yeah, it was a boring performance and the opening bands weren't good either.

Yeah, those idiots ruined it for me (that chick screaming her lungs out was the worst) and they had no respect for the opening bands either. Stupid Obnoxious tweens. But I didn't think Jason Collett was all that bad
LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2006, 05:46 PM   #34
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
la traviata - because the surtitles disappeared after interval because the bubble in the projector blew.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 09:13 AM   #35
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Until December / Gene Loves Jezebel - The Ritz 1987
That was easily one of the most godawful pairings ever. I was dragged there by my gothy friends just so they could swoon over the boys in makeup.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 09:25 AM   #36
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
blink 182 w/ bad religion and fenix tx in las vegas

i was 12, i was in vegas, i was watching blink 182 and old guys caling themselves bad religion and some goofy tennager dudes

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 09:29 AM   #37
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
You know who else sucked in concert? New Order. I should have known that it would have been one of the most boring shows on the planet...those dorks stood behind their banks of keyboards the entire show...and that was it. Some performance. I could have listened to a studio album. fucking programmers.

That show was at the Pier in NY around 1988.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 10:33 AM   #38
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
No Neck Blues Band in 2006.

Yes, No Neck Blues Band. Awfully bad concert.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 11:05 AM   #39
Spiritual Amnesia
children of satan

Spiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
No Neck Blues Band in 2006.

Yes, No Neck Blues Band. Awfully bad concert.

it´s not the answer of the question,
but that show was one of the best i´ve been to !

the worst show was Patrick Wolf in 2007, i think.
Spiritual Amnesia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 11:22 AM   #40
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
I've been to a lot of really bad shows.

The worst was probably Dragon Force.

We go to Montreal with people going to the show, but make it as clear as we possibly can that we are not fucking going into the show. We just wanted to walk around Montreal and take pictures But no, we were literally forced into the show and forced to watch a sea of Slipknot shirted people go nuts for a lame ass band.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth