Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page This Insane Clown Posse interview is AMAZING
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.09.2010, 07:10 AM   #1
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Seriously. This entirely made my day. "Have you ever stood next to an elephant, my friend?" asks Violent J. "A fucking elephant is a miracle. If people can't see a fucking miracle in a fucking elephant, then life must suck for them, because an elephant is a fucking miracle. So is a giraffe."
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.09.2010, 07:38 AM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
haha thanks. These guys are brilliant. I watch Spun and there they are, doing Juggalo Championshit Wrestling. I play video games and there they are, doing Backyard Wrestling. I can't walk down a street without seeing a jugallo in this town.. I'd seriously guess 10% of this town is juggalos.. stickers, t-shirts, hats, there are cars that are just covered with hatchetman and shit... they admit they have no talent, can't play music, can't rap, and write shitty lyrics, and they're fucking RICH. What an inspirational band -- they're completely indepdent (now, at least; they used to be on "big" record labels until they relized they could, y'know, take ALL the profits, instead of just $1 per cd sell, by making their own label)... they make something ridiculous like $10,000,000 PROFIT a year, and they're on yreally popular in the midwest... so, let's say, 10-15 states are making them $10,000,000-ish. PROFIT. Fucking insane. I mean, that's mindblowing. That's a position EVERY BAND wants to be in.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to watch big money rustla$.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.09.2010, 08:29 AM   #3
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I can't say I'm surprised. There's loads of secret Christians out there. They're just some of the more obvious ones. They always seem like sweet guys, and I like that they've done it all off their own back, and don't seem concerned at all with fashion. It's just a shame the music is so very, very poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.09.2010, 08:56 AM   #4
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
ICP fans = dumbest motherfuckers on the planet.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.09.2010, 09:44 AM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
They're transparently dumb though. Unlike, say, SY fans who tend to waltz around in a delirious state of sneering condescension based on spurious notions of superiority over normal people

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 10.09.2010, 10:01 AM   #6
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
that song was the stupidest song i ever heard. the snl version wasn't funny because the original version is even stupider than the parody.

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.09.2010, 02:58 PM   #7
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
This 'news' is 10 years old!

Cool interview though. I especially liked,
Quote:
Shaggy nods quietly. "I get anxiety and shit a lot," he says. "And reading that stuff people write about us… It hurts."
"Least talented band in the world," Violent J says. "No talent. When I hear that I think, 'Damn. Are we that different from people?'"

I've never actually seen/read them treat that issue with such honesty before. Thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
They're transparently dumb though. Unlike, say, SY fans who tend to waltz around in a delirious state of sneering condescension based on spurious notions of superiority over normal people

And what would you say about me? Someone who is literally torn between Sonic Youth and ICP when asked "What's your favorite band?" Am I some sort of idiot savant?
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.09.2010, 05:26 PM   #8
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
no you've just got no ability to differentiate between a something great or a turd
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.09.2010, 05:32 PM   #9
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, okay.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2010, 09:46 PM   #10
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Insane Clown Posse in Cynical Marketing Shocker!

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2010, 10:07 PM   #11
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
They're quite the little Max Webers, aren't they.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2010, 03:55 AM   #12
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
And what would you say about me? Someone who is literally torn between Sonic Youth and ICP when asked "What's your favorite band?" Am I some sort of idiot savant?

The fact that you'd describe yourself as an 'idiot savant' suggests you're closer to being a SY fan, and thus a complete dickhead. Plus, what & Bowels said.

EDIT: Also (and I'm surprised I didn't notice this earlier) you're not 'literally' torn, unless you've found some way of having an entirely autonomous complete torsal bisectomy. In which case you'd be some sort of worm, and thus GTFO my forum, worm.

Quote:
Old 10.12.2010, 04:11 AM   #13
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
I like when they were on Howard Stern some years ago...talking shit to some guy that called in, making threats, then backing out when they discovered the guy was across the street and willing to meet 'em outside.

yeah...this pretty much sums up all my opinions regarding these guys.
Old 10.12.2010, 05:24 AM   #14
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I bet these two have made well over a billion dollars. Just unreal.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2010, 05:39 AM   #15
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Millions, no doubt.

It's America though, people do it every day.
Old 10.12.2010, 10:30 AM   #16
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
the Eastbound and Down crew should make a HBO comedy series about juggalos. I don't know why, but I feel it'd be hilarious.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2010, 10:52 AM   #17
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
they announced they were Christians on the first Wraith DVD. Didn't they? (back me up Joe).

anyway:

Clown society

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clown society is a term used in anthropology and sociology for an organization of comedic entertainers (Heyoka or "clowns") who have a formalized role in a culture or society.

// [edit] Description and Function

Sometimes clown societies have a sacred role, to represent a trickster character in religious ceremonies.[citation needed] Other times the purpose served by members of a clown society is only to parody excessive seriousness, or to deflate pomposity.[citation needed]
In the sense of how clowns serve their culture:[citation needed]
  • A clown shows what is wrong with the way things are.
  • A clown shows how to do ordinary things the wrong way.
Members of a clown society always dress in some kind of a special costume reserved for clowns, which is usually an absurdly extreme form of normal dress.[citation needed]
In the case of the Zuni clown society of the Pueblo Indians, "one is initiated into the Ne'wekwe order by a ritual of filth-eating" where "mud are smeared on the body for the clown performance, and parts of the performance may consist of sporting with mud, smearing and daubing it, or drinking and pouring it onto one another".[1][2] The sacred clown and his apparently antisocial behavior is condoned in Indian ceremonies.[3]
While in their costume, clowns have special permission from their society to parody or criticize defective aspects of their own culture. They are always required to be funny. Other persons living within the same culture may recognize a clown when they see one, but seldom consciously understand what the clowns do for their society. The typical explanation is "He's just a funny man."[citation needed]
In the case of the jester at the English Royal Court with his cap of bells and pig's bladder stick he was allowed to make fun of, be indelicate and sometimes downright rude to members of the royal family and their entourage without fear of reprisal.
Clown societies usually train new members to become clowns. The training normally takes place by an apprentice system, although there may be some rote schooling as well.[citation needed] Sometimes the training is improvisational comedy, but usually a clown society trains members in well known forms of costume, pantomime, song, dance, and common visual gags. Occasionally these include a scripted performance, or skit, which is part of a standard repertoire that "never gets old," and is expected by members of the culture that the clown society is part of.
In Native North America. humor assumes "a sacred position within ceremonials"[4]; examples are found in Trickster traditions, Pueblo clown societies, Cherokee "Booger" dances, and aspects of the Northwest Coast Potlatch.[5] Humor is a fundamental aspect of Native American life, and has many purposes related to sacred rituals and social cohesion.[5]
[edit] Examples
[edit] Difference from School for Comedians

A clown society is different from, but closely related to a school for comedians. Comedians serve many of the same social functions of parody and social criticism, and also embody the role of the trickster, but a comedian usually only uses slightly exaggerated mannerisms to show that he/she is joking. Comedians who are not also clowns do not wear a blatantly outrageous or formalized costume.[citation needed] Also, a comedian has to take personal responsibility for his/her humour and its consequences, whereas a person in clown-costume has some protection from reprisal.
As a general rule, a comedian says funny things, a comic does funny things, and a clown does things funny.
Old 10.12.2010, 11:44 AM   #18
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
they announced they were Christians on the first Wraith DVD. Didn't they?

Why even care? And why bother on a SY board?
Fucking weird.

ICP and their fans are the retards of American society. Encouraging it got old in the aughts.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2010, 11:56 AM   #19
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice

quoted for truth (@ hevusa)
Old 10.12.2010, 12:07 PM   #20
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
  • A clown shows what is wrong with the way things are.
  • A clown shows how to do ordinary things the wrong way.

You don't have to LIKE Insane Clown Posse. I could care less if anyone likes them or not. But if you can't appreciate what they're doing based on ^ then yr just being stubborn.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth