Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Animal Collective - Fall Be Kind EP
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.29.2009, 11:45 AM   #21
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decayed Rhapsody
This one is probably their worst. I just totally dislike them. And the people that write fucking academic breathless panegyrics about their work. Their aesthetic, their commitment to creating a yelpy escapist fantasy world of happyhappyhappy, it's just totally inoffensive stuff. Pretty much sums up the passivity of this generation.

Old 12.29.2009, 11:51 AM   #22
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcharge
wallpaper is pasted on, moran
yeah, uh... to the walls, not me.
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2009, 12:14 PM   #23
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I take exception tho this.

I am the SY Board member that hates AC and MPP and all their fucking horrible bullshit the most.
Old 12.29.2009, 12:59 PM   #24
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Rob Instigator hearts Maxwell.
Old 12.29.2009, 01:10 PM   #25
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I hearts Rockwell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD21JDMp86c
Old 12.29.2009, 01:39 PM   #26
noisereductions
invito al cielo

my wife and I once pulled this grand hoax on everybody that we knew that we had gone to a Rockwell concert. Of course everybody was like "Why?" and we did this really convincing act that Rockwell is a misunderstood genius. Now this hoax was really only funny to us. But I'm pretty sure that everybody we know still believes we're huge Rockwell fans and that we saw him like five years ago and can now die happy.
Old 12.29.2009, 07:07 PM   #27
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubarret
Lol dude.

Just lol, even then it would be useless repetation. And I already said my opion so yeah, no need to repeat it.

Half this board is people repeating themselves, primarily because most people don't search for old topics before they start new ones. Lots of things in this thread has been repeated; I posted about Fall Be Kind in some other thread (NR's 2009 albums thread I believe) and people replied to it the same they are here. Actually, I was the first person to post about Fall Be Kind, period, and I posted a link to it in my original 2009 thread (just sayin'; I could take the same route here -- "YOU GUYS ARE POSTING ABOUT THIS AGAIN? I POSTED ABOUT IT 2 MONTHS AGO!" You know?). Either way, lots of people have repeated themselves here, don't single me out. I mean, every Animal Collective thread, in general, is pretty much the same... "They're boring." "They're brilliant." Right? Of course, so...

One way to solve this would be to do what we have with the Sun City Girls and John Fahey and Boredoms and so on (or check the fangs and arrows board, where every band already has their own separate topic).. and just have a thread dedicated solely to Animal Collective, so we don't have 500 posts about AC. But until that time, plenty of people are going to repeat themselves. I'm sure if my posts were ANIMAL COLLECTIVE RULZ!!!!!!!! every single time I posted, you wouldn't have a problem with them either, hence why you singled me out. Of course, I'm not saying anything too bad about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRFox
adam is probably the member who talks the most about MPP, while he's probably the one who thinks it sucks the most!

Neither one of those statements is true. I talk about MPP, and AC, when they come up -- which is OFTEN; might as well call this board "SY Gossip [with collected animalz!] (oh, and mbv, dinosaur jr, and nirvana lawl when we iz feelin saucy". Which doesn't bother me in the least or matter to me in the least, but usually the point of posting messages on a message board is so people can reply to them, hence why I reply. Haha. Also, I don't think I'm one of the ones who thinks MPP outright sucks -- I've listened to it a ton, I've never completely dismissed it, just said it was boring. Which is a lot different than saying it has no redeeming qualities.

Either way, this EP is a step in the right direction, and way better than their last full length.

Personally, I'm more interested in their solo work than their band work. Oh, did I say that before? Hm.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2009, 07:11 PM   #28
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Well anyway, I spun it once so far, and I think......it's fucking brilliant.

I love MPP also, but it sags about 2/3 in, can't stand Lion In A Coma.....but I think In The Flowers is one of my all time fav songs.

But, this EP.....I can't wait to spin it again.
Old 12.29.2009, 10:02 PM   #29
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
It really annoyed me the only time I listened to it, and I loved MPP.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2009, 10:15 PM   #30
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I think "Bluish" from MPP is one of their 10 best songs.
Old 12.29.2009, 10:31 PM   #31
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
MEH
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2009, 11:49 PM   #32
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck me.....spun the EP thrice now, and I love it.....more than MPP. And track 2 really is quite special....I understand Pitchfork's gushing.....
Old 12.30.2009, 07:44 AM   #33
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Half this board is people repeating themselves, primarily because most people don't search for old topics before they start new ones. Lots of things in this thread has been repeated; I posted about Fall Be Kind in some other thread (NR's 2009 albums thread I believe) and people replied to it the same they are here. Actually, I was the first person to post about Fall Be Kind, period, and I posted a link to it in my original 2009 thread (just sayin'; I could take the same route here -- "YOU GUYS ARE POSTING ABOUT THIS AGAIN? I POSTED ABOUT IT 2 MONTHS AGO!" You know?). Either way, lots of people have repeated themselves here, don't single me out. I mean, every Animal Collective thread, in general, is pretty much the same... "They're boring." "They're brilliant." Right? Of course, so...

One way to solve this would be to do what we have with the Sun City Girls and John Fahey and Boredoms and so on (or check the fangs and arrows board, where every band already has their own separate topic).. and just have a thread dedicated solely to Animal Collective, so we don't have 500 posts about AC. But until that time, plenty of people are going to repeat themselves. I'm sure if my posts were ANIMAL COLLECTIVE RULZ!!!!!!!! every single time I posted, you wouldn't have a problem with them either, hence why you singled me out. Of course, I'm not saying anything too bad about them.

Well I agree, it woudn't made me irritated and it would be a lot easier to discuss things in one topic.
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2009, 03:56 PM   #34
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
good golly miss MOlly/
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2009, 04:03 PM   #35
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
good golly miss MOlly/
Sure like to ball
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2009, 04:46 PM   #36
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decayed Rhapsody
This one is probably their worst. I just totally dislike them. And the people that write fucking academic breathless panegyrics about their work. Their aesthetic, their commitment to creating a yelpy escapist fantasy world of happyhappyhappy, it's just totally inoffensive stuff. Pretty much sums up the passivity of this generation.
I love u
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2009, 05:10 PM   #37
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
PULLHAIR RUBEYE> all

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2009, 05:26 PM   #38
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I honestly think the best AC album in the family is Young Prayer
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.31.2009, 12:21 AM   #39
Skuj
invito al cielo

Well, I fully immersed myself in this EP now, and god love you folks who hate it, to each their own etc, but goddamn, I love it.

Most of the tracks seem to begin one way and morph into something else, a'la You Set The Scene. I think they do fantastic things with loops and backing vocals. It's a grower....not as immediate as MPP.....a step forward from MPP.......has me begging for the next real album, which I know won't come anytime soon.
Old 12.31.2009, 08:03 AM   #40
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
PULLHAIR RUBEYE> all

I think Pullhair is good. Interesting and listenable. But I think Panda's PERSON PITCH is better. And so is most of the AC disco for that matter. Except DANSE MANATEE. That record sucks.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth