Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Pop guilt...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.01.2007, 12:39 PM   #41
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Aww, k-krack no like party party?

hehehe Not if it involves Mika, old man!

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2007, 12:42 PM   #42
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
all that means is that as teens one KNOWS NOTHING but thinks one knows everything.

The greatest POP album ever, Michael Jackson's Thriller, was penned by Michael when he was 30 and by Quincy Jones who wrote most of the mnusic when he was in his 50's

No. Nooo. NOOOOOOOO.

Kids know loads. They're also obnoxious turds. But it's the spirit that matters. Bugger, got to go out. More later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2007, 01:20 PM   #43
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
kids won't bullshit you. No one under 13 would ever ... EVER ... save up to buy a Buffalo Tom album. Kids know what's what.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2007, 04:34 PM   #44
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Kids very rarely enjoy Eric Clapton either.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 08.01.2007, 05:04 PM   #45
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
quincy jones is a one-off genius?
I'm sorry demorail666 but you are on some good drugs my friend.

teens drive the music market, which means they like the bullshit that ends up selling a lot and making "hits" and such, OR, it means that they are so stupid that they will buy anything that 60 year old white rich men who own record companies tell them to buy.
see?

that is of course a blanket statement, but I am speaking in generalities. there are always teens with good ears that hear the mass produced pap and call it like it is, and seek out interesting sounds. That is sadly a small minority.

and of course crappy taste is not reserved for teens. this was all referring to a previous statement.
Old 08.01.2007, 05:05 PM   #46
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
kids won't bullshit you. No one under 13 would ever ... EVER ... save up to buy a Buffalo Tom album. Kids know what's what.

are you kidding me? kids would save up to buy bon jovi!
kids save up to buy titney rears, and backdoor boys and avril lavigne and all that stupid shit. they always have and they always will.
Old 08.01.2007, 06:22 PM   #47
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
kids save up to buy titney rears, and backdoor boys and avril lavigne and all that stupid shit. they always have and they always will.

Yeah but, like I said, not Bufallo Tom. They're one step ahead Rob. Always have been.
Old 08.02.2007, 04:22 AM   #48
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

That's pushing it. Kids are sometimes great and very often boring. They don't necessarily dictate taste anymore, but when they do it's great....because they are kids!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2007, 04:53 AM   #49
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Did kids ever like wham?
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2007, 06:22 AM   #50
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
That's pushing it. Kids are sometimes great and very often boring. They don't necessarily dictate taste anymore, but when they do it's great....because they are kids!

Oasis, u2, Coldplay, Elton John, Eric Clapton, The Beatles, Billly Joel, Keane, Maroon 5, Dido, Badly Drawn Boy, Peter Gabriel, KT Tunstell (one single excepted) etc etc.

I rather prefer that the very worst of music is bought by the baby boomer generation, and the boorish cunts in their early-20s+ who think that 'real music' means 'piss-boring wanker with shit guitars playing shit music shitly'.

Kids at least have the excuse of naiveity. What's everyone else's excuse?

Quote:
Old 08.02.2007, 06:22 AM   #51
Glice
invito al cielo

I forgot to mention Jaime Cullum. Wow, does he ever need to die.

Quote:
Old 08.02.2007, 06:24 AM   #52
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:

Bon Jovi = Awesome
Britney Spears = Awesome
Avril = Awesome
Backstreet Boys = Couple of ropy ballads; 'Backstreet's back' = Awesome.

What's wrong with fun? Are we to sit around and stare very austerely at our Tristen & Isolde scores frowning that the violinist isn't rubato enough?

Quote:
Old 08.02.2007, 06:27 AM   #53
sarramkrop

Yeah, but I can't see or hear much produced by kids that is that interesting or touching. And, as you know, I would be the first one to point it out if there was something there to point out to. The excuse? Striking the balance between the child and the adult within the confinement of one's body and mind, there it is. Didn't mean to sound like a youth-hater, but kids are generally rubbish at the arts, these days. That's a fact.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2007, 06:27 AM   #54
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Oasis, u2, Coldplay, Elton John, Eric Clapton, The Beatles, Billly Joel, Keane, Maroon 5, Dido, Badly Drawn Boy, Peter Gabriel, KT Tunstell (one single excepted) etc etc.
I'm confused. Is this a list of people who must die? If it is, then, on the whole, it's a fine list, but KT Tunstall shouldn't be on there (this is typed on the basis of having liked her first album very much. I've not heard the second, and if it's awful I reserve the right to change my mind).
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2007, 06:30 AM   #55
Glice
invito al cielo

Porky - agreed, totally (although s club juniors' one step closer to heaven was awesome). I more interested in how they react to the world in terms of having a naiveity, an innocence rather than be tainted by ideas of propriety.

Sonicl - Yes, Tunstell was a mis-nomer, I realise that now. And Uptown Girl is an awesome record. Sting needs death also.

Quote:
Old 08.02.2007, 06:36 AM   #56
sarramkrop

On the personal side, I totally and utterly love young people. They are the future, Christ's sake! They amuse me and intrigue me no end, plus it's always interesting to compare yourself to them when you were that age. What I don't understand is why, very often, they can't sustain an artistic output that is CONSISTENTLY good, rather than having the odd flash of brilliance here and there. By the way, I'm 33 years old, not exactly on a wheelchair or reaching for the walking stick just yet. It's also safe to say that I have been 549 since the tender age of 2.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2007, 07:04 AM   #57
Glice
invito al cielo

Hmm... I can only think of Beenie Man, to be honest. And Michael Jackson up until about 1991.

Quote:
Old 08.02.2007, 07:31 AM   #58
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
it's over. throw a towel in. Glice fucking wins this thread. for saying rubato.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2007, 09:15 AM   #59
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I want the girl in this clip to take over the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_4aGXTHo7w
Old 08.02.2007, 09:35 AM   #60
farmhouse
bad moon rising

farmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's asses
no love for george michael?

fastlove is a dirty guilty pleasure of mine.

that's all.
farmhouse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth