Who are they? 0 0%
Socrates 12 46.15%
Aristotle 7 26.92%
...Sun Ra beats both! 7 26.92%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04.10.2006, 08:13 PM   #1
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I like Socrates the most, but Sun Ra is also amazing.
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2006, 08:56 PM   #2
jheii
bad moon rising

jheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's asses
I came close to saying Sun Ra.
But...
What about Plato?
Old 04.10.2006, 09:26 PM   #3
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
i havent read much philosophy, been meaning too. just got some plato ill be diving into...
Old 04.11.2006, 04:59 AM   #4
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Socrates. He was a mad bugger who wandered around confusing the bejeesus out of people and he completely failed to ever say anything. Aristotle talks about bloody continence and the like. Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 05:47 AM   #5
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
i kinda like Erasmus
Old 04.11.2006, 06:01 AM   #6
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
Immanuel Kant was a real pissant
who was very rarely stable

Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
Who could think you under the table

David Hume could out-consume
Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
Who was just as sloshed as Schlegel

There's nothin Nietzche couldn't teach ya 'bout the raising of the wrist
Socrates himself was permanently pissed

John Stuart Mill of his own free will
On a half a pint of shandy was particularly ill

Plato they say could stick it away
Half a crate of whiskey everyday

Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle
Hobbes was fond of his dram

And Rene Descarte was a drunken fart
I drink therefore I am

Yes Socrates himself is particularly missed
A lovely little thinker but a bugger when he's pissed.
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 06:04 AM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Haha. Excellent. I've been wanting for someone to write that down for yonks.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 04.11.2006, 04:18 PM   #8
!@#%$!

Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 04:57 PM   #9
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
socrates with twice as many votes as aristotle? come on, aristotle discovered the laws of logic. what did socrates do, piss off all of athens with his incessant questioning and get sentenced to die for corrupting the youth? some contribution THAT is.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 05:17 PM   #10
Glice
invito al cielo

Oh, that's surely bait for the recent philosophy graduate, isn't it?

Quote:
Old 04.11.2006, 07:08 PM   #11
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Aristotle is a bastard of Plato's, the latter whom I find positively exhausting.

Yes, this is my opinion. I expect you all to subscribe to it like the dogmatic law that it is.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 07:10 PM   #12
Glice
invito al cielo

I subscribe to your product or service.

Ha. See if you can spot a terrible sexual inneundo in that.

Quote:
Old 04.11.2006, 07:10 PM   #13
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I dont like either one. Their shit is obvious. They belonged to a time where it was great to learn and be educated. They thought to hard for stupid shit. They have some decent stuff, but by todays standards its bull.

They thought fire was an element for fucks sake.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 07:16 PM   #14
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Aristotle measured the circumference of the earth using shadows and proved the world is round. That makes him pretty awesome in my book. Then again, Socrates killed himself so that he wouldn't die to the hands of injustice.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 07:19 PM   #15
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Rhys Chatham
I dont like either one. Their shit is obvious. They belonged to a time where it was great to learn and be educated. They thought to hard for stupid shit. They have some decent stuff, but by todays standards its bull.

They thought fire was an element for fucks sake.

Nonsense, nonsense nonsense nonsense. Utter, complete nonsense. You seem like a nice enough fella, so I won't insult you personally, but that is complete and total nonsense.

Quote:
Old 04.11.2006, 07:20 PM   #16
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I subscribe to your product or service.

Ha. See if you can spot a terrible sexual innuendo in that.

Don't try your double-talk with me, boy.

(I did you a favor and corrected your misspelling, to prevent any more of the ridicule that surely has befallen you due to this grievous error. You see what I do for you?)
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 07:21 PM   #17
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
Ill give them props. for what they did then. But I need some insight for today. Why read dr. suess in highschool?

Old 04.11.2006, 07:26 PM   #18
Glice
invito al cielo

What they did then still informs the majority of philosophy today. How is this even a question? How can you not see the relevence to your own life in this? How man, how?

Seriously though, I'll be back in the morning, and if you're not winding me up with these comments I'll write something sensible and adult as to why that opinion is misguided.

Truncated - thank you for correcting my spelling. Do you dress up as a schoolteacher as well?

Ah, sweet dreams...

Quote:
Old 04.11.2006, 07:32 PM   #19
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Aright heres how I completely see it.

The two of them influenced a way of thinking and with their ideas. The were radicals of their time. They put philosophy on its track. But looking at them and their discoveries knowing what I know they just don't seem that great info wise.

Maybe because of things like gravity and chemisty I can't appreciate them as much.

But everything starts somewhere.

Old 04.11.2006, 09:17 PM   #20
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
paul wall beats all these lame-os
http://www.myspace.com/thefloridaorangebirds
MY FUCKING BAND
RIPfrey05 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth