Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Internet dating
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.09.2006, 05:58 PM   #81
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
For the record, I didn't completely get what he was trying to say either.

My understanding goes like this:

"The internet is great for trying to get away from any personality issues you might have that make it hard to deal with other people. But they inevitably come out when you post enough, like with Khchris. But give him a break and don't blast him because of his obvious shortcomings. Let him escape from them--it's the internet. And after all, aren't we all cunts when you think about it?"

How was that? I think that's pretty close.
By the way noumenal or whatever you are called.You are a fucking retard.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 06:08 PM   #82
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
So I got it wrong? Oh well.... I guess I shouldn't have taken so much licence with my translation.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 06:09 PM   #83
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Porkmarras, Noumenal's a newbie. He doesn't know any better. Just ignore him.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 06:23 PM   #84
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris(original)
Porkmarras, Noumenal's a newbie. He doesn't know any better. Just ignore him.
Yep!Ignore his posts that is.W H A T E V E V E R monumental or the moniker you hae chosen for yourself is.Have a good life.

Old 04.09.2006, 06:23 PM   #85
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Oh well,bless you all guys(do'nt worry i'm not dear mother theresa or whatever).It's just that i'm sure you could post more stimulating stuff than:''where did i sleep last night'' or ''what type of position have i used on a steamy night of sex last night'' kind of thing.Who fucking cares?Let's up the motherfucking stakes,shall we?It's the SY forum,remember?

I'm still not sure if you're referring to someone in particular. If you're saying that I post irrelevant shit on here - well, yeah, I do. Not the specific examples you cited, but sure, I'm guilty of that.

Though I'm still not sure what your overall moral is. I honestly don't mean this to be rude, but the wording of your other post makes it difficult to understand.

**Edit: I do mean to be rude. Enthusiastically so.

Quote:
By the way noumenal or whatever you are called.You are a fucking retard.

Now regarding THAT comment -

What in holy hell crawled up your ass and died?

Noumenal is one of the most entertaining, intelligent, informative posters on this board. While he may have misinterpreted your post, it was in the interests of being helpful.

So rather than have a premenstrual moment and sling baseless insults at a well-meaning, very cool guy, who wasn't even ADDRESSING you, perhaps your time would be better spent learning to articulate yourself more effectively.

If you didn't write like you were fucking retarded, this wouldn't even be an issue.

Jeeeeeeezus, is there some kind of Tampax convention on this board that I didn't get invited to?
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 06:24 PM   #86
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Yep!Ignore his posts that is.W H A T E V E V E R monumental or the moniker you hae chosen for yourself is.Have a good life.

Are you sure YOU'RE not drunk?
Old 04.09.2006, 06:29 PM   #87
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
I'm still not sure if you're referring to someone in particular. If you're saying that I post irrelevant shit on here - well, yeah, I do. Not the specific examples you cited, but sure, I'm guilty of that.

Though I'm still not sure what your overall moral is. I honestly don't mean this to be rude, but the wording of your other post makes it difficult to understand.

**Edit: I do mean to be rude. Enthusiastically so.

Now regarding THAT comment -

What in holy hell crawled up your ass and died?

Noumenal is one of the most entertaining, intelligent, informative posters on this board. While he may have misinterpreted your post, it was in the interests of being helpful.

So rather than have a premenstrual moment and sling baseless insults at a well-meaning, very cool guy, who wasn't even ADDRESSING you, perhaps your time would be better spent learning to articulate yourself more effectively.

If you didn't write like you were fucking retarded, this wouldn't even be an issue.

Jeeeeeeezus, is there some kind of Tampax convention on this board that I didn't get invited to?

What you need is an Internet Date.
Old 04.09.2006, 06:35 PM   #88
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Nah you are both retards.Fuck you both.Wich part of that did you not understand?Fuck fuck,yep!,fuck you two.

Old 04.09.2006, 06:38 PM   #89
khchris(original)
100%

porkmarras, no need to stoop to their level. Let them enjoy the "teabagging"
Old 04.09.2006, 06:40 PM   #90
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
with due respect, what is wrong with people lately?

"have you no sense of decency? at long last, have you no sense of decency?"
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 06:49 PM   #91
khchris(original)
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by qprogeny79
with due respect, what is wrong with people lately?

"have you no sense of decency? at long last, have you no sense of decency?"

Well, the Trunkster appears to have a lack of self-esteem and has resorted to internet dating because she's found that pretending to be someone else is much more appealing to strangers than being herself.

Noumenal needs friends.

Everyone thinks the US is going to war(LOL!).

Other than that, the weather is nice and just waiting for Sopranos & Big Love.
Old 04.09.2006, 06:51 PM   #92
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
porkmarras, no need to stoop to their level. Let them enjoy the "teabagging"
ha ha bless khchris.Much love to all of you no matter what the limited brain cells activity is making you think.After all your maain activity is survival and so is mine.

Old 04.09.2006, 06:56 PM   #93
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Well, the Trunkster appears to have a lack of self-esteem and has resorted to internet dating because she's found that pretending to be someone else is much more appealing to strangers than being herself.

Noumenal needs friends.

Everyone thinks the US is going to war(LOL!).

Other than that, the weather is nice and just waiting for Sopranos & Big Love.

no, that's exactly what i mean. not your assessments of everyone, but the fact that so many people here seem so wont to generalize from whatever people have written here to outright judgments of character -- when few people here have ever even met the objects of their verbal attacks in person. this is a discussion board, and its only purpose is for discussion. etiquette is key; even if you disagree with someone or aren't fond of what he or she says, here as in real life it is no license to come back and abuse him or her, verbally or otherwise -- and the fact that we are all hiding behind a huge digitized veil of pseudo-anonymity is no excuse.

this goes for everyone here.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 07:05 PM   #94
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Learn how to type a damn sentence, retard.
Old 04.09.2006, 07:17 PM   #95
amyvega
bad moon rising

amyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
no, that's exactly what i mean. not your assessments of everyone, but the fact that so many people here seem so wont to generalize from whatever people have written here to outright judgments of character -- when few people here have ever even met the objects of their verbal attacks in person. this is a discussion board, and its only purpose is for discussion. etiquette is key; even if you disagree with someone or aren't fond of what he or she says, here as in real life it is no license to come back and abuse him or her, verbally or otherwise -- and the fact that we are all hiding behind a huge digitized veil of pseudo-anonymity is no excuse.

regarding outbursts or judgement on this board..what else do we have to go by? maybe i'm naive in assuming that mostly everyone here is being honest, even people i might not be crazy about. i think some of us here 'know' each other enough to make comments, although i agree w/you that they shouldn't be crude or unnecessary; i just don't agree that we're all 'hiding' behind anything, clearly we've shared enough on this board (and the other board) to form opinions about one another
amyvega is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 07:32 PM   #96
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Good point amyvega, but you also have to be careful. In qprogeny's opinion, I was a douchebag on the Wal-Mart thread, and he's pretty much right. I was a bit of a jerk. So, I won't treat him that way again. I hope he doesn't hate me forever, because he seems like a decent guy despite his nutty ideas.

But then again, you'd think he was pretty used to outbursts like that - there are lots of people who would flip out worse than I did if they heard him expressing some of his views.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 07:45 PM   #97
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
porkmarras is normally a friendly dude... but here... he... is.... being.... a... right... PRICK! Maybe truncated and porker should bond over their shared prediliction for botty sex?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 07:51 PM   #98
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

stop being a pussy and let people butt heads if they want to.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 07:52 PM   #99
truncated
invito al cielo

The way I see it, no matter what medium you're in, whether it be virtual or in person, by merely making the choice to communicate with another person, you are subjecting yourself to another's judgement.

There is no way to know whether any form of expression is truly representative of a person's "identity," nor is that particularly relevant, to an extent. The way in which you communicate your ideas is representative of some facet of your personality, whether it be genuine or fabricated, and by participating in any socially dynamic activity, you are automatically responsible for whatever impact your words/expressions have upon another.

What I mean, in short, is that if you call someone a cunt, whether or not that's typical behavior and representative of your "true" personality, you must prepare yourself for whatever reaction the subject of your comment has.

I called khchris a cunt, and he and any others are free to think of me what they will. I take full responsibility for such a comment. It is an expression of my opinion, and I do not expect others to agree with it.

The moment you open your mouth (or in this case tap your keyboard), you are accountable for what happens.

Also, again, whether fabricated or genuine, the tiny nuances of a person's style of communication and word choice speak volumes about their personality. And these 'generalizations' are not always such - they are reasonable deductions from observations of a person's behavior over time.

If I'm ever wrong in my observations, I welcome corrections. But I will continue to judge. It is an involuntary human behavior, and anyone that says he is above it is either mistaken or deceiving himself.
Old 04.09.2006, 07:54 PM   #100
truncated
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
porkmarras is normally a friendly dude... but here... he... is.... being.... a... right... PRICK! Maybe truncated and porker should bond over their shared prediliction for botty sex?

I was thinking the same thing!

About porkmarras normally being friendly, not about the botty sex bit.

This is totally surreal. Has the forum collectively gone mad?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth