Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page william basinski thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.05.2006, 11:26 AM   #1
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
so far i've only heard disintegration loops 1 but i'm keen to hear more. anyone else appreciate his lost at sea melancholy? i am oft to be found curled into a fetal position in bed, absorbing the sounds of subtle musical implosion...
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2006, 12:20 PM   #2
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
so far i've only heard disintegration loops 1 but i'm keen to hear more. anyone else appreciate his lost at sea melancholy? i am oft to be found curled into a fetal position in bed, absorbing the sounds of subtle musical implosion...

His stuff is utterly amazing, check Silent Night, it's quite the heavy works!!!
Can you believe he recorded that stuff 20 years ago and hauls the beauty of his music through the decay of the tapes?

Or do you think it's some young hipster doing the mysterious fooled yall trick?

Jef Mertens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2006, 01:42 PM   #3
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
no, i believe him. maybe i'm too naive. i have a cynical friend who would probably make the same suggestion but i tend to take things at face value.
today i was listening to disintegration loops on repeat.
which brings me to my next question: are the various volumes of the disintegration loops quite different? which is your favourite? i read a review of volume 3 which said it was quite accessible compared to the others. huh?
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth