Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page it's strange to think about...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.03.2009, 12:16 PM   #1
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
how even though I only really discovered SY about 4 years ago, they have been around my entire life, forming just two years before I was born. All this time, their timeline had been running parallel to mine, and I never knew of them.

I was born only months after they came out with Confusion Is Sex.

My dad found out he had cancer, they put out Daydream Nation.

I was in kindergarten, as they released Goo.

Our house fire was sandwiched between Dirty and Experimental Jet Set.

My dad died the year of Washing Machine.

My Grandmother died the year of A Thousand Leaves.

I got my license, and Sonic Youth put out NYC Ghost & Flowers.

It wasn't until Sonic Nurse that I actually heard them, besides any accidental hearings that I wasn't aware of, and it wasn't even until seeing them in concert in 2006 that I truly fell in love with them.

Just crazy to think about.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 12:19 PM   #2
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
indeed my man. indeed

for my timeline, sonic youth formed and released their first ep when I moved to the usa from puerto rico at age 7.
Old 06.03.2009, 12:27 PM   #3
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
It really gives me more to think about when I listen to some of these albums. I can think about where I was in life as I listen to them. I mean, for every year I've been alive, there have been tons of albums released, but something about lining the SY timeline up next to mine almost helps me tie my whole life together, and almost make sense of things.
Old 06.03.2009, 01:25 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
what is this? the lets bring down sonic youth by making them feel sonic elderly thread?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 01:35 PM   #5
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Ha, I would like to think that a group of people with lives as prolific as their's aren't worried about getting old. I would rather be 80 and have done half of what they did with their lives than be 20 and doing nothing.

Listening with deep interest to all of their albums is almost like looking through an old photo album, and it's crazy really when you think about the fact that I didn't grow up listening to them. Listening to Washing Machine can evoke more memories from when I was 11 than listening to, say, 2pac can, even though I listened to a lot of 2pac when I was 11, and hadn't even heard of Sonic Youth. It takes some incredible people to pull that off.
Old 06.03.2009, 05:13 PM   #6
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
punk broke when i was born.
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 05:44 PM   #7
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
They began recording Bad Moon Rising a year before was born.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 05:44 PM   #8
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by automatic bzooty
And also water.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 05:48 PM   #9
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly

chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
how even though I only really discovered SY about 4 years ago, they have been around my entire life, forming just two years before I was born. All this time, their timeline had been running parallel to mine, and I never knew of them.

I was born only months after they came out with Confusion Is Sex.

My dad found out he had cancer, they put out Daydream Nation.

I was in kindergarten, as they released Goo.

Our house fire was sandwiched between Dirty and Experimental Jet Set.

My dad died the year of Washing Machine.

My Grandmother died the year of A Thousand Leaves.

I got my license, and Sonic Youth put out NYC Ghost & Flowers.

It wasn't until Sonic Nurse that I actually heard them, besides any accidental hearings that I wasn't aware of, and it wasn't even until seeing them in concert in 2006 that I truly fell in love with them.

Just crazy to think about.

not crazy to think about...it's life and life is sonic for itself.
better try this: ( number and fav.colour?)

chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 05:50 PM   #10
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly

chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by automatic bzooty

punk never broke...it's sleeping for the moment
chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2009, 08:51 PM   #11
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I was born in a Daydream Nation.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2009, 08:53 PM   #12
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
punk broke a window.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth